• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I mean to be fair the easiest way to disprove the collusion allegations is for a team to sign him - that’s a pretty good reason to employ him...
Why the fuck would any team employ a below average QB who had a bad reputation BEFORE the taking the knee in San Francisco as a locker room presence, be a total liability on the field, and to top it off have these protests.

I don't give a shit about the knee. It's why I want us to sign Eric Reid. But Kaepernick provides no tangible benefit to any team right now. He wants starter money. He ain't worth that and any team that would've paid him that would be morons.

Kaepernick is likely going to lose this suit no disproval necessary. No tangible proof. With him and his gf having taken shots at owners before the suit(see the picture his gf tweeted about Biscoitt) no owner would employ him anyway. Sorry, while it would be easy to immediately disprove the suit, no team would employ him anyway. The lawsuit is honestly just further incentive and ironically a massive justification.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Why the fuck would any team employ a below average QB who had a bad reputation BEFORE the taking the knee in San Francisco as a locker room presence, be a total liability on the field, and to top it off have these protests.

I don't give a shit about the knee. It's why I want us to sign Eric Reid. But Kaepernick provides no tangible benefit to any team right now. He wants starter money. He ain't worth that and any team that would've paid him that would be morons.

Kaepernick is likely going to lose this suit no disproval necessary. No tangible proof. With him and his gf having taken shots at owners before the suit(see the picture his gf tweeted about Biscoitt) no owner would employ him anyway. Sorry, while it would be easy to immediately disprove the suit, no team would employ him anyway. The lawsuit is honestly just further incentive and ironically a massive justification.
How has this turned into Kaepernick conversation? Who cares, he wasn't signed last year because SB got scared of Kaep's public stand opposition.
He is completely irrelevant to Ravens making a weird move by signing RGIII.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I'd still take Kap in a New York Minute.

Now everyone is saying what I said before the restructure. It's bad for Flacco but its much worse for General Custer Bisciotti and every other Officer in that regiment. They just couldn't shoot straight.

read this and tell me it ain't so.

The guy is wrong about two things however. Flacco did win a wild card game in 2014, but I attribute that success to Kubiak.
He's also wrong about Lamar Jackson or whatever his name is. Don't want him and don't want Mayfield. I would take Kap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...joe-flacco-problem/ar-AAvywZP?ocid=spartandhp

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

Now everyone is saying what I said before the restructure. It's bad for Flacco but its much worse for General Custer Bisciotti and every other Officer in that regiment. They just couldn't shoot straight.

The guy is wrong about two things however. Flacco did win a wild card game in 2014, but I attribute that success to Kubiak.
He's also wrong about Lamar Jackson or whatever his name is. Don't want him and don't want Mayfield. I would take Kap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...joe-flacco-problem/ar-AAvywZP?ocid=spartandhp

I just saw that article a few moments ago.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Don't want Lamar or Baker? Why? Im curious to why you say that.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Im sure just to play again kap will and have to take less!

below avg qb like our current qb flacco? I didnt hear anything bad about kap till he started protesting! Do we even know how much kap wants or are you just assuming he wants starter money? I would say kap fucked himself up, but at the same time the man has integrity unlike 90% of celebs! its a business, so i ca. Respect the owners for not wanting to sign him with the fear of losing money.however i dnt respect any of punk ass fans who dislike this man for kneeling.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor

below avg qb like our current qb flacco? I didnt hear anything bad about kap till he started protesting! Do we even know how much kap wants or are you just assuming he wants starter money? I would say kap fucked himself up, but at the same time the man has integrity unlike 90% of celebs! its a business, so i ca. Respect the owners for not wanting to sign him with the fear of losing money.however i dnt respect any of punk ass fans who dislike this man for kneeling.
Kaep has integrity? Please tell me you’re joking

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Don't think the circumstances have much to do with integrity. But does Kap have it... or conviction...yes he does. You can argue its misplaced, but he certainly has had the fortitude to say it.

Wasn't enamored with the swine socks, but anyone that doesn't believe our gun culture pours over big time into the police departments is not paying attention. They have an enormously tough job, but too many suspects are ending up dead. Where's the warning shot? Where's the leg shot to take the individual down? A leg shot might kill, but it gives the situation a chance. And I don't believe its just minorities. Anyone familiar with the militia standoff in Oregon can link to videos that clearly show Lavoy Finicum was gunned down by the Feds and Oregon Troopers. Its the gun culture in Law Enforcement.

You get a president of the United States calling for an individual to barred from his profession because the president doesn't like non violent, non verbal moments of silence. The president makes this man an enemy of the State and urges NFL owners to blackball him and many say, "Yeah...thats right prez...he's a bad man." Never seen anything like it in my life and never expected to and Kap is the bad guy?

Its too ridiculous

And your correct Deebo, the opinion of Kap has little to do with his performance. It's piling on at the request of the prez.

Kaep has integrity? Please tell me you’re joking

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Opinions are like the stinky part of anatomy, everyone has one, but our decision makers have proven their opinions are "stinkiest".

I based my stinky on film and did not like the decision making I saw in the Louisville QB. I don't like his reaction time. I don't like what I perceive to be his "lock on receiver" vision. I don't like his anatomy and don't believe he'll hold up in the NFL. I also don't like college Heisman winners that don't bring Pro Game attributes to the table.

Then his wonderlick came out. But you already knew based on his film decision making. Now if our brass could move up for Josh Allen, I'm all for it.

Don't want Lamar or Baker? Why? Im curious to why you say that.

Forreal???? If RG3 went #2 idk why so many people have a problem with Jackson at 16

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Kaepernick had a reputation as a qb who couldn't throw for shit unless it was a midrange high velocity pass with a wide open throwing lane. Kaepernick was dogshit before the kneeling. The death of the old read-option was the death of kaepernick as a quality qb

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Kaepernick had a reputation as a qb who couldn't throw for shit unless it was a midrange high velocity pass with a wide open throwing lane. Kaepernick was dogshit before the kneeling. The death of the old read-option was the death of kaepernick as a quality qb
lmao ive never heard that about kap before! Maybe youre mistaking him for rg3! its crazy cause if kap was our backup lots of you would be comfortable with him being behind center. anyway, after debating with majority of the board last season on mallet vs kap, i dnt really take qb advice as much anymore!

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
I like pocket passers in pros and am generally scared of Jackson/Watson type quarterbacks.
I don't know. I think teams still think of QBs in terms of a 10 year starter franchise QB type. If that's your mindset running QBs are risky.

However if teams treated running QBs like running backs and kept several on the roster so that they weren't scared to call runs/risk injury because the plan is onlyto keep them for the length of the rookie contract. RG3 got a bad Washington roster into the playoffs, Cam and Kap got to superbowls, both Foles and Watson scored 50 v the Patriots this year and even Tebow got to the playoffs, so a simplified offence can work.

A team would need temper expectations of having a long term starter and just draft another running QB every year so there are always 3 on the roster. It would free up a lot of cap space to basically never have to pay a QB.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't know. I think teams still think of QBs in terms of a 10 year starter franchise QB type. If that's your mindset running QBs are risky.

However if teams treated running QBs like running backs and kept several on the roster so that they weren't scared to call runs/risk injury because the plan is onlyto keep them for the length of the rookie contract. RG3 got a bad Washington roster into the playoffs, Cam and Kap got to superbowls, both Foles and Watson scored 50 v the Patriots this year and even Tebow got to the playoffs, so a simplified offence can work.

A team would need temper expectations of having a long term starter and just draft another running QB every year so there are always 3 on the roster. It would free up a lot of cap space to basically never have to pay a QB.
This is an interesting thought to say the least. I’m kind of Intrigued...

Probably wouldn’t work though, experience at QB proves to be key year in and year out, with some exceptions.

I will say this, it would be fun to see something like that tried out.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Back after a very long hiatus. I've been going through these threads and come away severely dejected that this isn't a Flacco bashing thread anymore!:crying:
Instead it is turning into a Kap thread. Stop it! That guy for whatever he did isn't playing in the NFL anymore and nobody is going to miss him. He's out to get money from the owners and if he settles for an astronomical figure he makes out like a bandit and doesn't have to risk limb for it. In my eyes he chose the wrong platform to protest - on the field. Football isn't a platform for social issues. It's a platform of pure unadulterated entertainment!

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Back after a very long hiatus. I've been going through these threads and come away severely dejected that this isn't a Flacco bashing thread anymore!:crying:
Instead it is turning into a Kap thread. Stop it! That guy for whatever he did isn't playing in the NFL anymore and nobody is going to miss him. He's out to get money from the owners and if he settles for an astronomical figure he makes out like a bandit and doesn't have to risk limb for it. In my eyes he chose the wrong platform to protest - on the field. Football isn't a platform for social issues. It's a platform of pure unadulterated entertainment!
so maybe should just stop making nfl players pledge to the flag as a whole. Media and the fans turned this into what it is, not kap. Anyway, flacco trash lol