• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

flynismo

Practice Squad
I wouldn’t even be mad. If that happened I would hope like hell that lamar didn’t suffer a serious injury. But damn it would be something to see joe come in in the playoffs and light it the fuck up again and win a SB
Not only would that be badass, but that would send his trade value through the roof. A two time SB champ still in his early - mid 30s would land us some serious draft capital

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
I'm all aboard the Lamar train but just curious do you guys think we would be where we are considering the teams we faced with Joe under center instead of Lamar? I've been a well known Joe supporter and as I think about it I'm stuck some of me feels we would have some of me doesn't.... and yes I know Lamar is our QB I'm just trying to spark conversation lol

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
I just think Flacco hasn’t played in a while, so it’s a been concerning if Lamar gets hurt. Plus the offense has shifted completely to Jackson’s style of playing

I'm all aboard the Lamar train but just curious do you guys think we would be where we are considering the teams we faced with Joe under center instead of Lamar? I've been a well known Joe supporter and as I think about it I'm stuck some of me feels we would have some of me doesn't.... and yes I know Lamar is our QB I'm just trying to spark conversation lol
It’s obviously impossible to say but I just don’t feel like it would. Of course had you asked me if we put Lamar in 7 games ago that we’d be 6-1 I don’t think I would have bought that either.

Our run game would have improved overall with Edwards taking over for Collins and Dixon being healthy but OMG what they are doing right now is off the charts. I just feel like the style of play and what it means to the entire team and the spark of energy he’s provided is a factor in the 6-1 record. I’m just not thinking we’d have the same result.

Not only would that be badass, but that would send his trade value through the roof. A two time SB champ still in his early - mid 30s would land us some serious draft capital
Yeah it would but I’m really thinking the only two options to see that happen would be either injury or in game meltdown for Jackson and neither one is appealing at all.

I’d rather we just have Lamar ball out and win a Super Bowl which would be off the charts and would be freaking historic.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Lamar has proven to be a dynamic playmaker that has helped to revitalize what was a defunct running game. His running abilities have presented uncertainties to opposing defenses that have covered up for what is as a unit a weak offenseive line. And while he has shown flashes of being able to pass the ball with precision and touch, IMO it doesn’t appear that his passing skill set is developed enough for him to carry an offense as a passer if need be. To put it bluntly, I think if a team is able to slow down the Ravens’ run game and put up a bunch of points of their own it would seem to me we are screwed.

That said, if he had to could Joe Flacco come in as relief and perform like “January Joe”? That’s a huge unknown as he’s never been a backup, never been brought into a game cold needing to produce immediately and hasn’t played at all in two months. While I personally think Joe would thrive in that situation, I also think it would be unfair to expect for him to do so.

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
When the Ravens had the ball inside the one yd. line I was yelling at the screen put Flacco in , nobody sneaks the ball better than Joe. He is nearly 250 lbs and 6 6. Use him. Instead that turned out to be a turning point in the game. Enter the nailbiters.
I hope they use him in the Playoffs, he won a goddamn Superbowl and carried the team with him.
That throw to Jacoby in Denver was not a bad play by their cornerback, he only dropped back to the point any normal Qb could hope to throw it, but Jacoby knew.
The coachs need a secret weopon in the playoffs. They should be working on using Joe, especially against the Chargers who are good against the run. It would add something more for opposing defenses to have to defend. John Brown is a star, but he is hardly used because they don't trust Lamars deep passing game.
It would make the team feel better knowing he would be their if they needed him.

You can't be this dumb. The SAFETY played that shit terribly and had one job which was don't get beat deep. Rahim Moore went full retard that play and we got incredibly lucky.

Tank

Hall of Famer
You can't be this dumb. The SAFETY played that shit terribly and had one job which was don't get beat deep. Rahim Moore went full Wow! our opinions are very different! that play and we got incredibly lucky.
What I don’t understand is why it’s such a big point of contention. One way or the other why at this point would anyone care? I mean, who gives a shit? Any team that wins a SB has a turn of good fortune somewhere along the way.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
What I don’t understand is why it’s such a big point of contention. One way or the other why at this point would anyone care? I mean, who gives a shit? Any team that wins a SB has a turn of good fortune somewhere along the way.

Because if you determine that the safety played that well, your overall judgement of players and their job sucks. And yes, I understand you need luck to win, but there was nothing in that play that indicates that was not a bad play by Moore.

Hold on... R.e.t.a.r.d is a banned word?
What? I didn’t think there were banned words on the site. I feel like I’ve said worse.

Let me try. AB is a retard.

Haha apparently so it got replaced with “Wow! our opinions are very different”?

I can say shit piss cock [profanity deleted] fuck but not that. Interesting.

Tank

Hall of Famer
What? I didn’t think there were banned words on the site. I feel like I’ve said worse.

Let me try. AB is a Wow! our opinions are very different!.

Haha apparently so it got replaced with “Wow! our opinions are very different”?

I can say shit piss cock [profanity deleted] fuck but not that. Interesting.
I’m pretty sure it’s probably done in deference to anyone who may have some sort of a learning disability or similar.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lamar has proven to be a dynamic playmaker that has helped to revitalize what was a defunct running game. His running abilities have presented uncertainties to opposing defenses that have covered up for what is as a unit a weak offenseive line. And while he has shown flashes of being able to pass the ball with precision and touch, IMO it doesn’t appear that his passing skill set is developed enough for him to carry an offense as a passer if need be. To put it bluntly, I think if a team is able to slow down the Ravens’ run game and put up a bunch of points of their own it would seem to me we are screwed.

That said, if he had to could Joe Flacco come in as relief and perform like “January Joe”? That’s a huge unknown as he’s never been a backup, never been brought into a game cold needing to produce immediately and hasn’t played at all in two months. While I personally think Joe would thrive in that situation, I also think it would be unfair to expect for him to do so.
If we are honest, we can say that we just have no idea what would happen in case Lamar is forced to throw more. Sure, if it turned into 50 pass attempts for a game, we'd be totally screwed but that's no different to what happens when Flacco throws that much.

The only real measure we have are their 2018 stats. Based on them and, if we are talking more sensible balance in pass/run ratio, I'm not sure we'd be screwed any more than we'd be with Joe:

Lamar:
upload_2019-1-2_6-15-8.png

Joe:
upload_2019-1-2_6-17-30.png

Those are fairly similar numbers and the most interesting one to me is total yards - looks like Lamar throws more real passes than checkdowns.

RavensFan419

Pro Bowler
If we are honest, we can say that we just have no idea what would happen in case Lamar is forced to throw more. Sure, if it turned into 50 pass attempts for a game, we'd be totally screwed but that's no different to what happens when Flacco throws that much.

The only real measure we have are their 2018 stats. Based on them and, if we are talking more sensible balance in pass/run ratio, I'm not sure we'd be screwed any more than we'd be with Joe:

Lamar:
View attachment 1246

Joe:
View attachment 1247

Those are fairly similar numbers and the most interesting one to me is total yards - looks like Lamar throws more real passes than checkdowns.
The only thing that jumped out to me on this is 12 fumbles holy hell that's almost 2 a game average

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The only thing that jumped out to me on this is 12 fumbles holy hell that's almost 2 a game average
Yes, it would be an understatement to say he needs more work on the rpo mesh point handoffs, because that is where most are coming from.