• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
It’s not like he doesn’t get snaps in practice

True. But it’s still fair to wonder how well Joe would perform.

I guess there’s a good chance Joe would be highly motivated and play really well.

Do you think injury is the only way Joe plays this post season? Even if we are losing by multiple scores in the second half, I think at this point since it seems as though Harbaughs job isn’t on the line there’s not much of a chance Lamar gets pulled even if he plays bad. Maybe they let Joe have a couple drives as a change of pace and even that seems really unlikely

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
True. But it’s still fair to wonder how well Joe would perform.

I guess there’s a good chance Joe would be highly motivated and play really well.

Do you think injury is the only way Joe plays this post season? Even if we are losing by multiple scores in the second half, I think at this point since it seems as though Harbaughs job isn’t on the line there’s not much of a chance Lamar gets pulled even if he plays bad. Maybe they let Joe have a couple drives as a change of pace and even that seems really unlikely
I think there is a chance he gets on the field in the playoffs and we don’t have to be down multiple scores and it’s not just a kneel down or an injury.

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
They may have something up their sleeve. Hey it could be a goal line play.

I feel like once or twice they could put Joe in and have a passing set... and then run the ball and catch everyone sleeping

And then Joe comes in and the defense is looking for the “trick” run and Joe does some playaction

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bruh... this shit gonna make me cry.

IM GONNA MISS JOE DAMMIT!
He’s a great person and a real man to be able to do something like that. It takes a lot of strength and maturity to understand those circumstances. It’s sad he never went further after his injury and I think that’s really what did him in as a player. Maybe he never loved the game that much but he definitely has my respect for everything he did for this team.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hold on... R.e.t.a.r.d is a banned word?
What? I didn’t think there were banned words on the site. I feel like I’ve said worse.

Let me try. AB is a Wow! our opinions are very different!.

Haha apparently so it got replaced with “Wow! our opinions are very different”?

I can say shit piss cock [profanity deleted] fuck but not that. Interesting.

I’m pretty sure it’s probably done in deference to anyone who may have some sort of a learning disability or similar.
Yeah it was banned like last month and honestly I think that’s a little ridiculous. A buddy of mine has a sister who’s mentally handicapped and she and numerous others I went to school with who were in the special ed classes (everyone loved them and treated them like normal) use the word quite frequently as a joke. They call each other retarded. They’d call us retarded. They don’t get offended by that weak shit. The only ones who get offended are weak minded people who get offended when you look at them the wrong way, and those people are everywhere today. I think it’s stupid that people are fighting to “ban the R word”. Yeah I’m sure some think it’s disrespectful but I don’t. It’s a word. The only situation where it is disrespectful is if you’re calling mentally handicapped people retards in genuine spite. And from my experience that’s not very common. You can’t ban a word because sometimes it’s hurtful.

Ridiculous that it’s the only word banned on this site but I can call someone a fucking bitch and that be fine. Alright rant over

redrum52

Hall of Famer
For as much as I get on Harbaugh about getting rid of personalities, that might be why the team has been successful this season. There's no AB ruining team chemistry and they seem bought in.

Joe has never seemed to have an ego. Not always a fan of his play but have never had anything bad to say off the field and as a team mate.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
For as much as I get on Harbaugh about getting rid of personalities, that might be why the team has been successful this season. There's no AB ruining team chemistry and they seem bought in.

Joe has never seemed to have an ego. Not always a fan of his play but have never had anything bad to say off the field and as a team mate.
Think about the dreadful 2015 season, the Christmas chokejob in 2016, and the chokejob in week 17 of 2017, and NOT ONCE did this team broke apart. Despite my criticisms of his (i.e. M***y, not playing rookies, etc.), I have a newfound respect for Harbs, but even more so for Joe. He handled this situation like a champ and consummate professional.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Yeah it was banned like last month and honestly I think that’s a little ridiculous. A buddy of mine has a sister who’s mentally handicapped and she and numerous others I went to school with who were in the special ed classes (everyone loved them and treated them like normal) use the word quite frequently as a joke. They call each other retarded. They’d call us retarded. They don’t get offended by that weak shit. The only ones who get offended are weak minded people who get offended when you look at them the wrong way, and those people are everywhere today. I think it’s stupid that people are fighting to “ban the R word”. Yeah I’m sure some think it’s disrespectful but I don’t. It’s a word. The only situation where it is disrespectful is if you’re calling mentally handicapped people retards in genuine spite. And from my experience that’s not very common. You can’t ban a word because sometimes it’s hurtful.

Ridiculous that it’s the only word banned on this site but I can call someone a fucking bitch and that be fine. Alright rant over
"You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded."

Sorry to go off topic, back to Joe now.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

He’s actually handled the situation with a lot of class......

Bucky Brooks: he didn’t kiss the ground at Lamar’s feet..... RACIST

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

You got that right.....

You fucking bitch

We all know Joe is a class dude.

That was beautiful. Thanks for posting and thank you Mr. Schrager for such a glowing piece for an oft unfairly maligned man.

I think most of us feel what this team did from Flacco’s rookie season through 2014 was extremely noteworthy but didn’t publicly get the respect it deserved. During that time Flacco seemed to be an odd exception to the rule that your QB gets all credit and all blame.

As was said while the national critics shunned him we locals loved him. He could be maddening at times but we understand what he brought to us.

Imo Lewis Reed Ogden and Flacco are the current franchise Mt Rushmore