• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think there is a chance he gets on the field in the playoffs and we don’t have to be down multiple scores and it’s not just a kneel down or an injury.
That would be Belichickian. Go to New England...put Joe out there for the first and then select series.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That was beautiful. Thanks for posting and thank you Mr. Schrager for such a glowing piece for an oft unfairly maligned man.

I think most of us feel what this team did from Flacco’s rookie season through 2014 was extremely noteworthy but didn’t publicly get the respect it deserved. During that time Flacco seemed to be an odd exception to the rule that your QB gets all credit and all blame.

As was said while the national critics shunned him we locals loved him. He could be maddening at times but we understand what he brought to us.

Imo Lewis Reed Ogden and Flacco are the current franchise Mt Rushmore
I could never choose between sizzle and joe

3-4ravdef509

Practice Squad
Suggs, if Ravens Mt Rushmore needs to remain on 4 heads

Tough choice, I’d put Joe over Suggs by a hair. Joe brought stability and competency to a position where we’d never had it before. Suggs is great , but he didn’t mean to the franchise what Lewis meant, he wasn’t the first lick like Ogden... Reed vs Suggs we’ll both are HOF but Reed is arguably one of the best ever at his position and I don’t think Suggs is quite that at his

I could never choose between sizzle and joe
Yeah that’s tough but damn he deserves a high place in franchise history In the end you are probably right.

After all I have to think eventually Suggs goes to Canton and Flacco unless he does something unbelievable to finish his career will most certainly not.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I'm all aboard the Lamar train but just curious do you guys think we would be where we are considering the teams we faced with Joe under center instead of Lamar? I've been a well known Joe supporter and as I think about it I'm stuck some of me feels we would have some of me doesn't.... and yes I know Lamar is our QB I'm just trying to spark conversation lol

I don't think we'd have went 5-1 to finish the year. If we're being honest, it's our defense that has taken us to where we are. But this defense would not be what it is without Lamar and the effect he has had on our running game.
It isn't fair to expect Lamar to be as good as an 11 year veteran, but it is undeniable that we are far better as a TEAM with Lamar under center.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
This Lamar/Flacco situation reminds me of the Foles/Wentz situation. Flacco may be the better QB at the moment but the the team is better with Lamar under center. Same with Wentz being the better QB but the team plays better with Foles.

flynismo

Practice Squad
This Lamar/Flacco situation reminds me of the Foles/Wentz situation. Flacco may be the better QB at the moment but the the team is better with Lamar under center. Same with Wentz being the better QB but the team plays better with Foles.
Yep. And of course at the end of the day, all that matters is who is getting the W's for the team. Or at least that's how it should be.

It doesn't hurt that Lamar is generating a lot of excitement and positivity in the media for us as well. I don't ever want us to be the media darlings, a la Pats/Steelers/GB, that just isn't who we are as a culture. But that positivity makes us that much more attractive for other quality players to come here and play for us.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar will be the youngest QB in NFL history to ever start a playoff game but he never seems rattled.

Thats a good sign for the future

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
everyone chill please - that's 13 posts ive just removed that were posted in the last hour...

1 misunderstanding and then you start flaming each other...
Aw man that’s what I missed. You can’t be doin that!!! I can’t miss the beef