• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And ya know... something always gets lost in that Denver game, late in the fourth, I believe before Peyton’s late drive to take the lead, on a 3rd down joe hit boldin perfectly on a crossing route that would’ve converted and then some, basically put us in fg range, and he dropped it... catching that ball could’ve very well led to a TD and lots of burned clock.

I know boldin is the stuff of legends here in Baltimore, but he had a knack of dropping a crucial pass that hit him right in the numbers... that play always gets forgotten, and when he failed to catch the game winner in the end zone in pitt in 2010 gets forgotten too because of the housh drop. Those 2 plays leave a sour taste in my mouth for boldin even with all the great he did in the super bowl run.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

This thread will most likely be frozen once the trade becomes official. I'll keep it open until the new league year begins.

Why? If you can have a thread about cats or whether you wash your bum with a washcloth, surely you can keep the Joe thread!

The psychological side of this thread is fascinating.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
And ya know... something always gets lost in that Denver game, late in the fourth, I believe before Peyton’s late drive to take the lead, on a 3rd down joe hit boldin perfectly on a crossing route that would’ve converted and then some, basically put us in fg range, and he dropped it... catching that ball could’ve very well led to a TD and lots of burned clock.

I know boldin is the stuff of legends here in Baltimore, but he had a knack of dropping a crucial pass that hit him right in the numbers... that play always gets forgotten, and when he failed to catch the game winner in the end zone in pitt in 2010 gets forgotten too because of the housh drop. Those 2 plays leave a sour taste in my mouth for boldin even with all the great he did in the super bowl run.

I can't even count how many times Joe would make a great, clutch pass and his WRs would just drop it. Boldin gets a pass for the rest of that SB run, but you're right when you say that he had some drop issues at key points in certain games.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

it wasn't a game winner. Would have put his up with decent time left. The offense sucked that game as a whole so I was never too mad he dropped a difficult pass after barely seeing targets through about 3.5 quarters. The Housh drop was definitely worse. Be mad that with the lead, offense starts the 2nd half TO, punt, TO, TO or something of that arrangement giving the Steelers the ball with excellent field position. And that goddam 3rd and forever that probably was the first bit of helium pumped into AB's ego.

Just rewatched and for some reason I thought that catch was more difficult than before. Boldin should have had that shit. Still stand by the rest.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
it wasn't a game winner. Would have put his up with decent time left. The offense sucked that game as a whole so I was never too mad he dropped a difficult pass after barely seeing targets through about 3.5 quarters. The Housh drop was definitely worse. Be mad that with the lead, offense starts the 2nd half TO, punt, TO, TO or something of that arrangement giving the Steelers the ball with excellent field position. And that goddam 3rd and forever that probably was the first bit of helium pumped into AB's ego.

Just rewatched and for some reason I thought that catch was more difficult than before. Boldin should have had that shit. Still stand by the rest.
I’m mad about all of it lol still to this day, but that one play very well could’ve been the game winner

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I say the 2nd one was more special too, but only because I had turned 1 a few months prior to the 1st SB win. It's cool that you got to see them win against teams that people close to you were rooting for.

I hope we get to experience another one in the near future.
Isn't it weird that we won both Super Bowls in the years that were supposed to be Armageddon on Earth?

It was the same for me and it was on my birthday too which made it even worse. "Ray's career is going to end on my birthday? FUCK!" It felt like that pass was floating in the air forever and when Jacoby came down with it, I started going nuts and, like you said, knew we were going to win. The momentum swings in that game were insane with the Holliday returns, us forcing multiple turnovers, multiple OTs, and the list goes on....Probably the best game I've ever watched even if we had ended up losing.
When Jacoby caught that, I immediately jumped up from the couch clapping with applause with my jaw dropped. I was literally speechless. But yeah, that was a sensational game.

I was watching with an irrelevant rams fan who was a real prick, every time Holliday caught the punt/kick he would be like “that’s six” lmao
Fucking Rams. Well I hope we kick their asses this coming season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
And on another note......

91IM87eeuCL._CLa%7C2140,2000%7C91+wPlywS3L.png%7C0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UX342_.png

isn't it iconic?

Tank

Hall of Famer

The 2010 drop was a killer.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was watching the game with my family, and everyone walked out at the end while I waited until the end. When Joe made that pass I couldn't believe it. I had to call everyone else back into the room and they couldn't believe it either.

I was watching it with a Browns fan who was rooting for us. When he made that pass we hugged in the air and jumped up and down for roughly 15 minutes. lmfaooooo

redrum52

Hall of Famer

How the fuck is Chris Broussard more knowledgable than an actual football player and supposed "football" analyst Rob Parker? I didn't even know Broussard talked NFL.

I've actually always liked Broussard for his NBA takes, but goddam Parker is an idiot.