• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

How the fuck is Chris Broussard more knowledgable than an actual football player and supposed "football" analyst Rob Parker? I didn't even know Broussard talked NFL.

I've actually always liked Broussard for his NBA takes, but goddam Parker is an idiot.

Elway gave up a mid round pick for a former super bowl MVP on a non-guarenteed contract. A QB with arguably the strongest arm of the decade in a place where the altitude is going to do nothing but help him.

I doubt they win a ring with him or anything, but it's not a bad deal. If it doesn't work out for them, they can cut Flacco nbd and draft a guy in 2020 where there's actual talent at the QB position in the draft.

Meanwhile we got a mid round pick plus cap relief. It's honestly a win-win

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Apparently.....

uSTADIUM‏ @uSTADIUM 7h7 hours ago
#Redskins were in on Joe Flacco and almost had a deal with the #Ravens before he was dealt to the #Broncos.

This is most definitely @RavensMania 's reaction to this:

looney_tunes_hateful_eight.jpg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What does kinda get to me is this media analysis of this trade - for a potentially impactful trade literally both the ravens and broncos got pretty great deals - the ravens got a high 4th for a guy that literally the whole league knew they were getting rid of and had no real leverage over

And the broncos got at worst a bridge starter qb on a fully non-guaranteed contract for only a day 3 pick...

People going after either side of the deal are being lazy - but I understand that the media cycle requires discussion topics and there aren’t many others right now

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The broncos are getting railed for this trade for one reason: stats. Flacco’s stats are almost identical to Case Keenum and as we are all well aware, stats essentially the only tool an analyst has anymore.

Anyone who thinks keenum to flacco is a lateral move or worse is fucking kidding themselves lol. The size of the broncos playbook just doubled because of Flacco’s arm talent compared to keenum, and they’ll see the real difference when they’re down 4+ with 3 minutes left against a quality opponent, hopefully for joe the broncos defense doesn’t blow it like ours did so often

Tru11

Practice Squad
Stats arent the only reason the broncos are getting railed.

Lets just say for flacco sake the broncos keep paradis and make the o-line the highest priority....

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Stats arent the only reason the broncos are getting railed.

Lets just say for flacco sake the broncos keep paradis and make the o-line the highest priority....
Already warned my Broncos friends that if he doesn't have a good o-line in front of him, they're fucked (see 2013 as an example).

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So I’m supposed to just magically know what you’re vaguely referring to?
Don't you know? His magical powers of condescension boost his intellect massively! Just like how he refers to anyone who merely disagrees with him as a dumbass(see the NBA thread). You have activated his secret trap card!

Even if we should get over it... Flacco is gone anyways

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Don't you know? His magical powers of condescension boost his intellect massively! Just like how he refers to anyone who merely disagrees with him as a dumbass(see the NBA thread). You have activated his secret trap card!

Even if we should get over it... Flacco is gone anyways
I have to say though I’m impressed, all the trolls that have come and gone over all these years, from one board to the next, and he firmly stands alone as the most pompous asshole that’s ever posted here.

That’s dedication.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think I would rather see Joe in a Redskins jersey than a Broncos jersey.
If the skins were willing to swap a 1st and send us two others in subsequent drafts for JF1, while throwing in a 2nd, I’d be on board with that as well.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I have to say though I’m impressed, all the trolls that have come and gone over all these years, from one board to the next, and he firmly stands alone as the most pompous asshole that’s ever posted here.

That’s dedication.
troll11