• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So...

Thanks for the memories and the super bowl Joe. You weren't the issue with me. I might fly out to Bmore for the game we induct you into our ring of honor. You deserve it based off of that postseason alone.

And FUCK YOU HURST AND SKURA. You bastards ruined our chance this year. Had we had real options at C and LG, we were a super bowl team this year. Playoff Flacco with arguably the league's best defense with real options in the receiving game. We have a real running game we likely secure a bye week in the postseason and Lamar gets to sit on the bench. But nope. You had to fucking ruin it. Hurst, eat a bag of dicks for letting Aaron Donald clobber Flacco and starting this fucking decline for him. I

Joe, you probably won't win a ring in Denver, but have fun in the mile high city. I hope I get the chance to run into you!

Tank

Hall of Famer
So...

Thanks for the memories and the super bowl Joe. You weren't the issue with me. I might fly out to Bmore for the game we induct you into our ring of honor. You deserve it based off of that postseason alone.

And FUCK YOU HURST AND SKURA. You bastards ruined our chance this year. Had we had real options at C and LG, we were a super bowl team this year. Playoff Flacco with arguably the league's best defense with real options in the receiving game. We have a real running game we likely secure a bye week in the postseason and Lamar gets to sit on the bench. But nope. You had to fucking ruin it. Hurst, eat a bag of dicks for letting Aaron Donald clobber Flacco and starting this fucking decline for him. I

Joe, you probably won't win a ring in Denver, but have fun in the mile high city. I hope I get the chance to run into you!

A whole bag? damn!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Deuces!

You don't get better, you'll be shown the door as well, Lamar.

Quick question... Lamar wasn't hurt during the playoff game so why would you take him out? Flacco wasn't exactly lighting it up until year 3 in the playoffs. If you make the choice you stick with it at that point.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Can we keep this open in case I feel the need to blame him one more time? Him playing well/poorly can still impact this team.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
So...

In Hurst's defense, I've seen Donald do that to 3 grown men. That was a lost season WAY before Joe went down and I'll leave it at that.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Deuces!

You don't get better, you'll be shown the door as well, Lamar.

Quick question... Lamar wasn't hurt during the playoff game so why would you take him out? Flacco wasn't exactly lighting it up until year 3 in the playoffs. If you make the choice you stick with it at that point.
lol.....I’ll play, not to answer the question because big picture it probably wouldn’t have mattered moving forward. But to ask another quick question. Who was the backup in 2008 through 2010 that would come in to relieve Flacco that had played on a SB winning team and held numerous NFL playoff records?

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
lol.....I’ll play, not to answer the question because big picture it probably wouldn’t have mattered moving forward. But to ask another quick question. Who was the backup in 2008 through 2010 that would come in to relieve Flacco that had played on a SB winning team and held numerous NFL playoff records?

Your question is pointless, but the back ups sucked. You can look at PAST accolades but none of that means anything in the present and for the better parts of 4 years Flacco was a bottom tier qb. Theres no point in putting him in for that game.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Your question is pointless, but the back ups sucked. You can look at PAST accolades but none of that means anything in the present and for the better parts of 4 years Flacco was a bottom tier qb. Theres no point in putting him in for that game.

Except if your goal is to give the team a better chance to win that game. Could it hurt confidence for the future? Yes. However there is no doubt the offense would have been better (if only because 1 completion would be better).

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

BaltRavens

Practice Squad
I wish Joe Flacco the best. I have nothing against him as a Raven. He brought us a Super Bowl. I respect him greatly and enjoyed him play as a fan.

I think much of the negative criticism with him as a player stems from the many offensive coordinators he had as a player here. That significantly affected our offensive play over his tenure. Our offense over the last 10 years was affected by the OC flux.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Not pointless at all considering your question.

If the priority was to win the playoff game obviously you put Joe in, that was a complete no brainer. But they set a course with LJ and stuck with it and the priority was just that, stay the course. I fully understand why, but my original point was since they knew they weren’t going to play him they should have just made Joe inactive and had Rob be the backup. Having Joe sit there watching the freakishly poor play and listening to many in the stadium yelling for him to come in was IMO just a poor and classless choice.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Not pointless at all considering your question.

If the priority was to win the playoff game obviously you put Joe in, that was a complete no brainer. But they set a course with LJ and stuck with it and the priority was just that, stay the course. I fully understand why, but my original point was since they knew they weren’t going to play him they should have just made Joe inactive and had Rob be the backup. Having Joe sit there watching the freakishly poor play and listening to many in the stadium yelling for him to come in was IMO just a poor and classless choice.

Respect your opinion. My original point was he probably goes in if Lamar gets hurt. That's why I started with I don't think he was injured.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
that was a complete no brainer

i just dont agree with this bit here...
you can make a case for it but i dont think its obvious that joe performs better in that situation at all - and lamar rallied and in the end had the ball down one score in the 2 minute drill to end the game - given the issues with the OL pummelling jackson and the rbs im not sure what joe was supposed to do behind that line at all

so i dont think its a no brainer and honestly i dont think joe had a better chance to come back into that game

and tbh the only classless thing in that stadium in that game was all the fans who ditched lamar as soon as it got even a little tough