• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

O

OriolesMagicPlease

For about $20mil (arguably not earned) just fucking suit up and shut up. Leave the sentiment out the door.

And he did just that. And supported Lamar during and after that atrocious game. You're really going to criticize him now for saying he wanted to play???

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And he did just that. And supported Lamar during and after that atrocious game. You're really going to criticize him now for saying he wanted to play???

is anyone actually criticising him for that?
because if they are they're being stupid - of course he wanted to play, and i extra appreciate joe because he didnt make that an issue at the time nor did he even bring it up at the time - what qb wouldnt have wanted to play - and he's well within his rights to express those feelings now...

O

OriolesMagicPlease

is anyone actually criticising him for that?
because if they are they're being stupid - of course he wanted to play, and i extra appreciate joe because he didnt make that an issue at the time nor did he even bring it up at the time - what qb wouldnt have wanted to play - and he's well within his rights to express those feelings now...

Allblackraven just said he should just shut up and suit up because he got paid, so yeah, they are. Go figure.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

isnt he talking about it "at the time" as it were - maybe i misconstrued it

and i disagree that he shouldnt have been suited up - what if lamar got injured?

I know that we disagree on that. If the premise was Joe was being protected for potential trade value, then you suit up Robert instead.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know that we disagree on that. If the premise was Joe was being protected for potential trade value, then you suit up Robert instead.

If the goal was trade value I would think you put him in without hesitation. Either the team still loses and his value is unchanged or he leads a comeback and leads a playoff run and you maybe get a 3rd instead of a 4th.

I have to think it was just not wanting to shatter his confidence and being okay with being worse off 1 game (how worse off is a fair debate) and not risk future development. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

If the goal was trade value I would think you put him in without hesitation. Either the team still loses and his value is unchanged or he leads a comeback and leads a playoff run and you maybe get a 3rd instead of a 4th.

I have to think it was just not wanting to shatter his confidence and being okay with being worse off 1 game (how worse off is a fair debate) and not risk future development. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

I meant the risk of injury being the reason that could affect the trade value.

And I don't agree with the confidence reason. The goal is the win in the playoffs period. It is not easy to get there.

eta: I think Lamar is a lot tougher than that. I think his confidence would have been just fine.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are we going to be talking about this until 2029 or beyond when we draft our next QB. Really????? Everyone has different opinions and some peoples opinions you can't change. Enough already....

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Feel bad for Joe in Denver, because they aren't going to have a good OL their either. They lost Paradis and signed Ja’Wuan James to be the RT. Good luck with that.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
James is a really good RT but the rest of that line is garbage
I have several friends who live in Florida and are Dolphin fans that couldn't wait until he left. That being said PFF has him as an average pass blocker and run blocker. I've watched him on numerous occasions and never liked him nor did I like him coming out of college.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Are we going to be talking about this until 2029 or beyond when we draft our next QB. Really????? Everyone has different opinions and some peoples opinions you can't change. Enough already....

Yes SIR! Of course, sir. Whatever you say sir.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Agree. Let me then point to the Browns game where we scored how many times the first game?

EDIT: The Patriots have me questioning how good the Chargers defense really was.
Chargers defense was good, but not great.
The first Browns game we had no run game at all due to shitty oline play and Crabtree decided to slather his hands in hot butter before the game and literally dropped the game winning TD.

And the Chargers defense is a good, but not great one. They were able to prepare for us because they had good coaching, we didn't/don't(I am optimistic for Roman, but it remains to be seen). We literally did not change the gameplan at all between the two chargers games and barely beat them the first time.

We cannot rely on this scheme we ran on the oline next year. We need to get us a line that can actually beat teams off of the ball without any gimmicks, which was our offense when Lamar took over. The gimmick was the only reason we were able to run the ball with Lamar on the field. It's really not up for debate either, once a real defensive coordinator got a good look at our offense, it was game over.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Flacco in a Broncos jersey... :(

IMG_20190416_193319.jpg

https://twitter.com/davealthouse/status/1118237460025106432?s=19

Reactions: cdp