• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Can't wait for the day when we finally get rid of him. Hope we send Harbaugh packing at the same time too.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Josh Allen is falling, we're climbing in the draft. Flacco will still be the starter next year due to contract. Let's go man.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want the next coach to simply be a football man( with playcalling talent on O or D). No God crap ,No faith crap, straight shooter and honest..not socialy or politically correct..someone who holds his QB accountable and would BENCH him.

K-Dog

MVP
I am not defending Joe in the least, but any claims he is *THE*reason for the loss today is way overstating things. The TEAM played poorly today against a very good opponent.

I am still one of the holdouts on Joes bandwagon. All I mean by that is I would rather have him over Mallette. That said the sun is well setting for him time here. Possibly. I don't know if whatever funk has gotten ahold of Joe is fixable or not. ( Marty? O-line? No running game? Too much dairy in his diet? ) No, clue, but he is more like Joe nervous as opposed to Joe cool.
Once upon a time I would lean back and relax at a two minute drill with Joe having the ball. Not any more. :(
I don't know if this is fixable or not. I hope it is, because the alternatives really are not much better.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
well its gonna carry him for at least 1 more year and likely at least 2 more years given his contract
I think the fact that Flacco is holding himself accountable could signify a paycut coming in the near future. A better consolation prize is that he actually works to improve his game again, but I'll take what I can get.

Long term wise, even if he's not in the plans I still think we're in a solid place.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think the fact that Flacco is holding himself accountable could signify a paycut coming in the near future. A better consolation prize is that he actually works to improve his game again, but I'll take what I can get.

Long term wise, even if he's not in the plans I still think we're in a solid place.
i agree with that to a pretty large extent - before the season started i did say that even if the offence isnt there this year that this team is set up to be a major contender in 2018 - i didnt realise quite how bad the offence would be though i think

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
i agree with that to a pretty large extent
I do think it's good that Joe is aware that he's been total ass. If he actually puts in some work I think a bounce back year next season is possible if we can get him the right coaching. We've seen stuff like it before. A paycut would go a long way.

I really don't think we are screwed long term. Even if we have to take an immediate QB to replace Joe.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I want the next coach to simply be a football man( with playcalling talent on O or D). No God crap ,No faith crap, straight shooter and honest..not socialy or politically correct..someone who holds his QB accountable and would BENCH him.

Not to act like a smart-ass, but who do you have in mind?