• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Crabcruncher

Practice Squad
I liked watching Tebow play, he was exciting. Very underated because of his mechanics, but he knew how to win. Don't get your panties in a bunch, people like watching Lamar play just like they liked Tebow, or Doug Flutie.
No knock on Tebow or Lamar, just similar styles.
But Tebow had a way of pulling out last minute miracles which confused and enraged the hell out of purists.
So LamarTebow8 was a compliment. Any QB who can beat the Steelers in the Playoffs is all right by me.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I liked watching Tebow play, he was exciting. Very underated because of his mechanics, but he knew how to win. Don't get your panties in a bunch, people like watching Lamar play just like they liked Tebow, or Doug Flutie.
No knock on Tebow or Lamar, just similar styles.
But Tebow had a way of pulling out last minute miracles which confused and enraged the hell out of purists.
So LamarTebow8 was a compliment. Any QB who can beat the Steelers in the Playoffs is all right by me.
While your lamartebow nickname is incredibly stupid, I too liked Tebow quite a bit and I don’t think he got a fair shake.

If the game wasn’t within a possession in the fourth, you were fucked, but he really did have a knack for winning games he shouldn’t have, which is a trait that can’t be quantified or seen in practice, and not being able to show a knack for winning in practice is ultimately why he didn’t get another chance.

Tebow was not a good qb by any stretch, but he was winning, and wasn’t being carried by some great team, and for that reason he deserved another shot. Lamar is a better qb, and a better runner, he has actual qb mechanics, he reads the field, his release doesn’t take an entire 1.5 seconds and he doesn’t need a clear 5 yard radius to complete the motion, he can throw a touch pass, and comparing Tebow’s FB running style to lamars Dante Hall-esque running style, makes it a non comparison.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Lamar is not anywhere near as bad as Tebow mechanically. The way our games are going are no where near how they did with Tebow. He had a playoff game against a shitty banged up Steelers team that won on a 10 yard pass the wr took to the house. PLEASE do not compare them. Go back and check those games.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf tebow had pretty nice surrounding talent
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

That talent didn’t really show up til Peyton came to town. Eric Decker was average at this point, Brandon Lloyd disappeared when orton got benched, knowshon moreno was never above average, Julius Thomas was a Peyton product, they had a few talented guys on defense with dumervil having his best season and having pre-Torrey champ bailey, but if Tebow was as worthless as people made him out to be then this roster wouldn’t be carrying him, they weren’t the 2017 eagles or 2009 saints.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Let’s just all agree that Tim Tebow is the goat and move on
Until I see Tebow to do THIS, it's a no from me.
20130203_095045_Super-Bowl-Football_Arri.jpg

sailorsam

Practice Squad
If Flacco leaves--and he apparently will--would love to see him in Minnesota. the purple suits him. (And we won't have to play against him much).
I could see Denver. they want to win now.