• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Joe Flacco

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I think a lot of us (myself included) are putting some of Flacco’s shitty season on the WR play around him. Flacco undoubtedly holds his weight in blame but still. Then people do what they always do “we’ve never drafted Flacco a #1 WR” stuff like that. Some say Torrey is but he wasn’t.

Flacco has to get better but until some upgrades are made around him this team isn’t going anywhere
I think flacco will always be flacco no matter what weapons are around him matter fact im 100% sure giving him the best weapons in football still wouldnt make him a great Qb! He is way to inconsistent and his football iq is very questionable at times! We dnt need him to be great though but im just saying all the talk about giving him weapons wont change much of his play, unless we ran a BB type offense and 90% of the throws are to a wide open guy

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I think flacco will always be flacco no matter what weapons are around him matter fact im 100% sure giving him the best weapons in football still wouldnt make him a great Qb! He is way to inconsistent and his football iq is very questionable at times! We dnt need him to be great though but im just saying all the talk about giving him weapons wont change much of his play, unless we ran a BB type offense and 90% of the throws are to a wide open guy

Whatever time Flacco has left in Baltimore, we will never place a team around him like he had from 2008 to 2012. We are simply too far away from that quality. And too many years past a man's Football Acumen Prime to come close to acquiring what he selected in the past. Lombardi said it all in a comprehensive piece. He said it true and said it politely with way more patience than many of us here can muster.

I've tried to express the same thing to the boards in fewer sentences because it seems so obvious and has been so obvious for such a long time. Now, they have Flacco, of all NFL QB's trying to read multiple checkdowns, West Coast Style, and he's leading the league in the short dump. His yards per attempt is comical for a rifleman. It just boggles the mind.

Anyway with the right supporting cast he can lead a team, we just are not anywhere near that. They missed their chance to deal him and comically extended him. It's long past time for heads to roll.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
"He is way to inconsistent and his football iq is very questionable at times"!
The implication with this sentence I mostly agree with! But I think his football IQ is questionable most times. After 10 yrs in the league his decision making and running plays like he does apart from being among the highest paid players in the league? If nothing else he provides the least bang for the Ravens buck.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

JoeJoe is a High Maintenance QB. He needs a lot more than a top WR. Lets put it this way...

There's nothing wrong with homely women. Most are very nice with hearts of gold. But blue eye shadow alone is not gonna be enough to raise their appearance game. There's women with outstanding character out there that are gonna need dermabrasion, foundation, toner, mascara, great choice in lipstick, skin conditioner. A cosmetician, the whole shebang.

Blue eye shadow alone will make that woman look like a spook. JoeJoe needs a helluva lot more than a good WR which alone will make him look like a spook.

We can't all roll out of bed a perfect 10 like you. <_<

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
We can't all roll out of bed a perfect 10 like you. <_<
Yea... by that measure Brady needs plastic surgery every offseason. Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Edelman, Gronk, a whole slew of every type of running back imaginable.

Wentz too. Alshon, Torrey, Ertz, Blount, Ajayi, Sproles....

It's like every QB in the league gets it done all natural. But who wants to play in a SB anyways.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea... by that measure Brady needs plastic surgery every offseason. Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Edelman, Gronk, a whole slew of every type of running back imaginable.

Wentz too. Alshon, Torrey, Ertz, Blount, Ajayi, Sproles....

It's like every QB in the league gets it done all natural. But who wants to play in a SB anyways.
It’s kinda laughable how people hate on Joe for “needing good weapons to win”.

No shit. So does literally every other NFL quarterback.

flynismo

Practice Squad
I felt the majority of posters basically said Torrey wasn't shit, to make this simple. And I don't mean that literally, but the consensus seemed to be the Ravens don't need him and he can easily be replaced.
And....we were right.
I love, love, love Torrey the person; I still follow him on FB and enjoy watching him and his family when they go live. But Torrey the football player....there's a reason we chose to let him walk when we could have easily resigned him. That reason is very clear when you look at his results when he didn't have a guy like Flacco throwing him the ball any more.

flynismo

Practice Squad
JoeJoe is a High Maintenance QB. He needs a lot more than a top WR. Lets put it this way...

There's nothing wrong with homely women. Most are very nice with hearts of gold. But blue eye shadow alone is not gonna be enough to raise their appearance game. There's women with outstanding character out there that are gonna need dermabrasion, foundation, toner, mascara, great choice in lipstick, skin conditioner. A cosmetician, the whole shebang.

Blue eye shadow alone will make that woman look like a spook. JoeJoe needs a helluva lot more than a good WR which alone will make him look like a spook.

Fake news

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Fake news

Joes needs are fake news? Well, you have a fellow traveler, no not the rodent hair man, the fellow traveler's name is ozze. He doesn't believe Joe has extensive needs either.

If someone here asked you what factors have been present the few times that Joe has "partially bonded" with a receiver, you couldn't produce a comprehensuv response. You'd say something like ...'catchers with good hands" and then you'd throw in another platitude and say "That's it." Of course that wouldn't be it. The truth about Joe is not fake. But when someone wishes to avoid the truth, its convenient to label it "fake" if your interests are not aligned with what is being revealed.

But as we are experiencing with JoeJoe, the truth eventually becomes apparent, even when it is initially denied. There's a moral in that story too.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Joes needs are fake news? Well, you have a fellow traveler, no not the rodent hair man, the fellow traveler's name is ozze. He doesn't believe Joe has extensive needs either.

If someone here asked you what factors have been present the few times that Joe has "partially bonded" with a receiver, you couldn't produce a comprehensuv response. You'd say something like ...'catchers with good hands" and then you'd throw in another platitude and say "That's it." Of course that wouldn't be it. The truth about Joe is not fake. But when someone wishes to avoid the truth, its convenient to label it "fake" if your interests are not aligned with what is being revealed.

But as we are experiencing with JoeJoe, the truth eventually becomes apparent, even when it is initially denied. There's a moral in that story too.

this response makes me think you havent actually properly read and understood anything anyone has said...
either that or you're just straight up living in a fantasy world of soul bonds, mystic travellers, rat men, good and evil and a shroud of mystery surrounding all things...

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
this response makes me think you havent actually properly read and understood anything anyone has said...
either that or you're just straight up living in a fantasy world of soul bonds, mystic travellers, rat men, good and evil and a shroud of mystery surrounding all things...
Sometimes it ain't worth it bruh. I just can't....

RayRayRaven

Veteran
Its not so much the shroud of mystery...

Who here thinks they can effectively converse with Bill Belichick about positional needs? Getting into detail on some things with some people is just not possible. If one went to B.B. and attempted to refute his view that a player at a specific position had such and such abilities or so and so weaknesses do you think he'd want to take the time to get into a colloquy?

He'd speak in riddles, just enough to let you in on his view and he go about his business and let the events confirm or refute his opinion.

Some things just aren't debatable.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Its not so much the shroud of mystery...

Who here thinks they can effectively converse with Bill Belichick about positional needs? Getting into detail on some things with some people is just not possible. If one went to B.B. and attempted to refute his view that a player at a specific position had such and such abilities or so and so weaknesses do you think he'd want to take the time to get into a colloquy?

He'd speak in riddles, just enough to let you in on his view and he go about his business and let the events confirm or refute his opinion.

Some things just aren't debatable.

and yet isnt that what you do?

I think flacco will always be flacco no matter what weapons are around him matter fact im 100% sure giving him the best weapons in football still wouldnt make him a great Qb! He is way to inconsistent and his
football iq is very questionable at times! We dnt need him to be great though but im just saying all the talk about giving him weapons wont change much of his play, unless we ran a BB type offense and 90% of the throws are to a wide open guy

He doesnt have the same commitment and work ethic as the elite QBs, he does the bare minimum of his work requirements for his massive cap hit.