• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

"Who" or "What" do you hate about other teams

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I've hated the Steelers from my early days watching football. I loved Kenny Stabler. He's my favorite player of all time. If it weren't for Stablers long touchdown run there would be no immaculate reception or should I say immaculate deception. (I do respect them as an organization though)

Pats - wife is from Boston, need I say more - oh, she has Ravens merchandise. Pisses her friends off.

Eagles - I can't stand their fans. They are the most horrendous fans on earth. Who boos Santa Claus.

Cowboys - former skins fan here, need I say more.

Seahawks "Ospreys" - I despise them as an organization, hate their fan base and there is no such bird as a Seahawk. It is an Osprey.

Last edited:

RavensDFan

Veteran
I hated a few players from the Steelers over the years, but have a grudging respect for the organization and the team. What I do hate is the way the media fawns over them even when they are performing worse than the Ravens. It is most annoying.

Pats - despise them. Hate them. Wish for them to fail every year. Never happens which just increases my hatred.

Seahawks - I honestly have no idea why I hate this team, but I do. I used to like them. I wish I could say what turned me against them, but it escapes me.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I "hate" the Cowboys with a passion! More than the Steelers and the Patriots!

With the Steelers, my "hate" is more of a respectful nature. Our teams just bring out the best in one another and boy have we had some battles for the ages over the years. With the Patriots, my "hate" is more out of being sick and tired of seeing them always run through their WEAK division to be in the dance every year.

When it comes to those COW-BUMS their fan base is the most delusional that I've ever encountered. And I'm so sick of hearing that weak-ass moniker of them being "America's Team" along with the media's constant attention to them. It's overkill!

All they care about is how much money the organization has and how their facilities look. If the truth be told-the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are the main attraction!

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Other from the 4 usual suspects, here's my current "crap" list (not sure if there's a profanity filter and hate is too harsh or a word for the following teams). Also it's no particular order:

Bills - beating us in 2013 yet losing to our divisional rivals. Also, crapping the bed against the Steelers and Dolphins: two teams we NEEDED them to lose, but leave it to BUF to shrink small and not help.

Jaguars: living in FL, that MNF game in 2011 was a disaster for me. Was ridiculed to no end the following day smh. And then there was what happened in 2015.......

Chiefs: wanted to hog up a playoff spot by going on these ridiculous winning streaks and then doing next to nothing in the playoffs.

Jets: against us, they played like the 10-6 team from 2015. Against everyone else, played like the sorry scrubs they were.

Cowboys: while I don't hate this team like @Militant X 1 does, I LOATHE the media worshiping them. Plus, their fans are like the majority of Pats fans. Now they're winning, it's "WE DEM BOYZ."

Honorable mention - Dolphins. We've played this team EVERY SEASON SINCE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. Might as well blame them for our lack of success post-Super Bowl lol. But for real, I might have to treat them like a divisional rival at this rate.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Patriots - the illegal levels they go to to win a game/championship is unreal. I'd hate to be associated with a team like that.

Steelers - Tomlin stepping onto the sideline to block Jacoby (?) was ridiculous. For the most part it's a respectful hate in the rivalry but all this "Big Ben is the toughest player in the league" BS is so nauseating. Is there any other QB who leaves games and misses future games quite like he does?

Cowboys - where did these fans come from? I've only been watching the NFL since 2011 but they've only just started piping up with their nonsense.

Jets - I don't know what it is but they seem like one of those teams that turns up against the Ravens but bends over for other teams. It's possibly not true and I'm imagining it but that's where my dislike for them came from.

theFRANCHISE

Practice Squad
Bears - for continually shooting themselves in the foot and being insanely stupid despite having a long, storied history in the league.

Fuck Ryan Pace and that front office, seriously. I don't even have an affinity for the Bears, but if there's anything I cannot tolerate, it's complete incompetence and ineptitude.

Unless it's on the part of the Steelers. Then they can go play hopscotch with all their draft picks for all I care.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
Bengals - Mostly because I live here and have to put up with it everyday. lol I think I get more fiery towards them than the Steelers, at times.
Redskins - Dan Snyder. I keep up with the Skins a little because of my dad and Snyder can be soo stupid at times. Glad he doesn't run our team.
Patriots - I really hate the Patriots. Probably my most hated team. Hate them all the way down the line. Though, I've met some cool Pats fans, I still can't get over what they said to Torrey when his brother died. You always here negative stories coming out of the fan base in Boston. *cough* Adam Jones.
Cowboys - The media makes me hate them. No matter the situation, they're always covered. lol

K-Dog

MVP
My wife is from Massachusetts. She still has friends and family up there, so we are there often. Of course I wear RAVENS tee shirts and what not.
I have visited many cities around the country. often wearing RAVENS. Unquestionably Pats fans in Massachusetts are the worst and it is not even a little bit close. Saying terrible thing to me and my family.
Fortunately her brothers are both cool.
We can actually have good football conversations.
The thing is the Pats are an amazing team. Tom is an amazing QB. Billichek is amazing.
The fans have every right to be arrogant. I am sure most of us would be if that were the case with the RAVENS.
But being arrogant is one thing, being an a-hole is another.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I've hated the Steelers from my early days watching football. I loved Kenny Stabler. He's my favorite player of all time. If it weren't for Stablers long touchdown run there would be no immaculate reception or should I say immaculate deception. (I do respect them as an organization though)

Pats - wife is from Boston, need I say more - oh, she has Ravens merchandise. Pisses her friends off.

Eagles - I can't stand their fans. They are the most horrendous fans on earth. Who boos Santa Claus.

Cowboys - former skins fan here, need I say more.

Seahawks "Ospreys" - I despise them as an organization, hate their fan base and there is no such bird as a Seahawk. It is an Osprey.

Why the hatred for Seahawks?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I hate the bengals... they are a despicable organisation who have been a mess for decades and then dont learn from their mistakes - drafting guys like mixon is going to hurt them some day (it already kind of has done with burfict and adam jones single-handedly losing that playoff game for them) and when it does im going to laugh at them as they fall into the basement of the AFC

Pats

Veteran
Other from the 4 usual suspects, here's my current "crap" list (not sure if there's a profanity filter and hate is too harsh or a word for the following teams). Also it's no particular order:

Bills - beating us in 2013 yet losing to our divisional rivals. Also, crapping the bed against the Steelers and Dolphins: two teams we NEEDED them to lose, but leave it to BUF to shrink small and not help.

Jaguars: living in FL, that MNF game in 2011 was a disaster for me. Was ridiculed to no end the following day smh. And then there was what happened in 2015.......

Chiefs: wanted to hog up a playoff spot by going on these ridiculous winning streaks and then doing next to nothing in the playoffs.

Jets: against us, they played like the 10-6 team from 2015. Against everyone else, played like the sorry scrubs they were.

Cowboys: while I don't hate this team like @Militant X 1 does, I LOATHE the media worshiping them. Plus, their fans are like the majority of Pats fans. Now they're winning, it's "WE DEM BOYZ."

Honorable mention - Dolphins. We've played this team EVERY SEASON SINCE WINNING THE SUPER BOWL. Might as well blame them for our lack of success post-Super Bowl lol. But for real, I might have to treat them like a divisional rival at this rate.

Your point on the chiefs is an interesting one that I agree with. There's nothing I hate more than a team that constantly goes on big win streaks or gets top seeds and then does NOTHING with it. It's like tottenham in english soccer, sure they have been around the top of the league finally lately, but they are an embarrassment in european cups.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Your point on the chiefs is an interesting one that I agree with. There's nothing I hate more than a team that constantly goes on big win streaks or gets top seeds and then does NOTHING with it. It's like tottenham in english soccer, sure they have been around the top of the league finally lately, but they are an embarrassment in european cups.
- as a chelsea fan i appreciate this comparison
- and to be fair to the chiefs i think they realised it themselves too which is why they sold the farm for patrick mahomes behind alex smith

Pats

Veteran
- as a chelsea fan i appreciate this comparison
- and to be fair to the chiefs i think they realised it themselves too which is why they sold the farm for patrick mahomes behind alex smith
Personally mahomes doesn't look that great, sure its a backup to mold into a good QB in a few years, but I would have rathered trade the pick for more flexibility next year and get a much better QB. It gives me pleasure that tottenham got their hopes up once again and then we bounched them from the FA cup and then they bottled the league lol.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

Exactly. Hogging up a spot like the selfish sob's they are lol. But welcome to the forums! Good to see you again!

Pats

Veteran
T
Exactly. Hogging up a spot like the selfish sob's they are lol. But welcome to the forums! Good to see you again!
Thanks man you too! My theory on sports is this, I don't care if you spend all the money in the world and buy the league, or go on the best regular season runs every year. If you fail with things in mind then it's just disgust on my part.

Tiz

Practice Squad
Growing up as a basketball fan in SoCal (laker fan) I was used to rooting against bird and the Celtics. My "hatred" for New England comes from that.

Really don't hate any other team but do find the mouths coming out of nyg to be annoying

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Colts - I hate this team and never want them to win because of the Irsay family. The fact that they stole our colors and history still makes me sick to this day!

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I really can't describe how much I despise the Patriots and their Masshole fans. Seeing them getting knocked off their perch is long, long overdue.