• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

What Will You Be Watching vs. Redskins?

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm always excited to watch preseason. And not simply because it brings back to us football yet again.
It is clearly an early look at scheme, at personnel and alignment and at this season's draft class.

Those that say it doesn't matter haven't paid close attention to what the preseason indicates. No stock ought be overly placed in wins and losses but most else can be scrutinised, and does in fact, "matter".

This week I hope to see:

1) our offense in full on effort to develop its run game for all four quarters ; particularly the final three or so behind Mallet.
2) how the 5tech position begins to shake out and the personnel along the d line generally.
3) can't wait to see Judon, Williams and Bowser....Correa at ILB Interests me greatly.
4) Jensen
5) all rookies. Will any come out of nowhere as Pierce did last year?

What are you most excited to watch vs. Redskins?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I'm looking forward to Marlon Humphrey. I expect he'll be second team on the outside and in the slot. Maybe see if he can get some first team reps.

Interested to also see if Webb is back in the slot. It sounded like he was in practice.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm looking forward to Marlon Humphrey. I expect he'll be second team on the outside and in the slot. Maybe see if he can get some first team reps.

Interested to also see if Webb is back in the slot. It sounded like he was in practice.
Hopefully he is healthy. I was expecting him to get first team reps with Jimmy expected to see very limited (If' any), time.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Probably not a popular answer, but I am actually excited to see Carl Davis. Most people seem to have already counted him out, but everything we've heard about him this year is positive. He could end up being a very underrated rotational piece. Also excited to see the other young DL guys (Henry, Wormley and Kaufusi)- should be a tight battle for roster spots among them.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
I am anxious to see how our run game is progressing. I am also interested to see which of our young defensive players step up to earn playing time.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm interested in everything. Well maybe not so much the kicking game.

I'm also very curious about how our QBs behind Mallett can do.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
I will be watching a Samsung.
That's where I was gonna go with it too til I read the OP. Title little bit difficult to decipher intent.

But, dad jokes aside....
- Judon, Tim Williams, and Bowser. I want to see our edge guys winning the 1on1 battles consistently.
- Correa's confidence. Playing loose and flying around, or over-thinking and slow to react?
- Chris Moore and Camp. Both should be able to make a serious impact. Might be tough w/ who will be throwing the ball majority of the time, but both should be able to get open almost at will against inferior competition most of the time.
- Run game. Can the OL push people off the ball, and can we consistently get our QB into 3rd and shorts. If the run game looks decent regardless of unit and RB, that tells me Roman has implemented something that O'lineman like, and that works.
- a TE emerge from the pack and make plays. Be an outlet for your QB, hit ppl in the run game, and get YAC.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Can we not have any season-ending injuries?
Will T. West be that guy?
Same goes for Boyle...can he put it all together?
Can our offensive line do something or are we all gonna pray for Joe?

Which one of our young defensive studs step up?
Who's gonna be the other ILB besides Mosley? Is it gonna be by committee?
Will Jefferson show his presence (assuming he plays)?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So some fucking asshole just posted an article in the news section. We should roast him while we get the chance.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
So some fucking asshole just posted an article in the news section. We should roast him while we get the chance.
Is it the same guy you roasted on the old boards? I saved it if you want to roast him again. :p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to watching the secondary and linebackers play. Guys like Jefferson, Humphrey, Boykin, Williams, Bowser, Jaylen Hill, and the other undrafted rookies.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll be watching the Skins get thumped.

In all seriousness, I'm interested in seeing how all of our rookies and second year players play. I'm also interested in watching the speed of our defense and how we swarm to the ball. However nothing interests more than seeing how improved our secondary plays.

Last edited: