• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
that would be wild
I’m not just making a bold prediction, I’m banking on this shit. I think chaisson is our top target, and the only thing stopping it is if a team like the falcons trade up high to eliminate all risk of missing out. I have this hunch, I can’t deny it, it’s too strong. It’s gonna happen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If we trade a 1, 2, and 3 and move up for chaisson, just imagine...

Chaisson in 1, Harrison or dye in 2, an OL or the top faller at WR in 3, Damien Lewis? Bryan Edwards?

Jesus Christ if we could add chaisson and Harrison or dye to this defense with Calais I’d piss myself. Keep Judon on the tag and see if we can’t field what we got and win a super bowl.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bold Prediction:

- Ravens trade up to grab Patrick Queen, then trades back into the first round for..... Kenneth Murray. Decosta gets both linebackers and @Sami84 goes nuts for 4 years hoping we don't re-sign Murray lol.

On a serious note, I do think we trade up and grab a falling defensive prospect who leaves the top 10 who wasn't supposed to.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m not just making a bold prediction, I’m banking on this shit. I think chaisson is our top target, and the only thing stopping it is if a team like the falcons trade up high to eliminate all risk of missing out. I have this hunch, I can’t deny it, it’s too strong. It’s gonna happen.

Well Eric had the LSU/Oklahoma game on so it could Chaisson or it could be..................your boy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Dolphins are expected to pick Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 5 overall pick if he's available and they don't take a quarterback.
In Pauline's report from Monday, a source close to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tells Pauline that Ross is "talking as though Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick," so it's either going to be a position player -- Pauline reports it would be Thomas -- or Tua Tagovailoa. Thomas is widely viewed as the top tackle in this draft, slightly ahead of the other three in the "big four." If the Dolphins take Thomas, the belief would be they'd try to trade up for Utah State QB Jordan Love with their other two first-rounders. Thomas, of course, could go before the Dolphins even pick at No. 5, considering the Giants are believed to be eyeing a tackle at No. 4.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Falcons aren't trading up for Chaisson. I'm willing to bet on them trading up this year and expect them to draft Henderson or Okudah. Most likely Henderson.

Simba

Staff Member

I’d been of the opinion previously that we’d not be going after as big a rookie class as usual but clearly I’m potentially wrong lol - we’re currently projected to end up with a udfa class of 20+ players - I’m expecting us to acquire more picks

With our current 9 picks, leaves us with 24 spots to fill. Guessing we'll do so for now and then sign a few vets like we did with McPhee and Ray last year.

Interesting thing will be with no OTAs, no camp invites and no real way to evaluate these UDFAs until they actually get on the field.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
zzzz

Just trade back eric. Get around 15 picks and have around 8 between the 3rd and 4th round. You know you want it.

Hurry up. How much longer? 60 hours or so?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Dolphins are expected to pick Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 5 overall pick if he's available and they don't take a quarterback.
In Pauline's report from Monday, a source close to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tells Pauline that Ross is "talking as though Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick," so it's either going to be a position player -- Pauline reports it would be Thomas -- or Tua Tagovailoa. Thomas is widely viewed as the top tackle in this draft, slightly ahead of the other three in the "big four." If the Dolphins take Thomas, the belief would be they'd try to trade up for Utah State QB Jordan Love with their other two first-rounders. Thomas, of course, could go before the Dolphins even pick at No. 5, considering the Giants are believed to be eyeing a tackle at No. 4.
Could be smoke, but I’ve been saying from day one thomas is the top T and these other guys are overhyped in comparison, exciting athletes sure, but we’re talking about OL here, not WR or edge or LB, there’s only so much you can do with an athlete on the OL, give me the guys who know how to play their positions

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He’s a more natural edge but just not got the size to play there full-time supposedly I guess
Does he have his grown man body yet? If so he’d be doing himself a disservice.

he’s as good at bending the edge and finishing a rush as anyone in the class, he’s on par with uche and chaisson there