• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Bold Prediction:

- Ravens trade up to grab Patrick Queen, then trades back into the first round for..... Kenneth Murray. Decosta gets both linebackers and @Sami84 goes nuts for 4 years hoping we don't re-sign Murray lol.

On a serious note, I do think we trade up and grab a falling defensive prospect who leaves the top 10 who wasn't supposed to.
Fingers crossed Kinlaw drops passed Dallas. Having him learn from Campbell would be invaluable for his development

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I want eric to actually go full on eric decosta and trade back a shitload in this draft and basically have the entire 3rd and 4th round to himself. I believe he could allocate 15-16 picks and I'd actually like it.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Dolphins are expected to pick Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 5 overall pick if he's available and they don't take a quarterback.
In Pauline's report from Monday, a source close to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tells Pauline that Ross is "talking as though Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick," so it's either going to be a position player -- Pauline reports it would be Thomas -- or Tua Tagovailoa. Thomas is widely viewed as the top tackle in this draft, slightly ahead of the other three in the "big four." If the Dolphins take Thomas, the belief would be they'd try to trade up for Utah State QB Jordan Love with their other two first-rounders. Thomas, of course, could go before the Dolphins even pick at No. 5, considering the Giants are believed to be eyeing a tackle at No. 4.

The Dolphins are definitely a wild card for me this year. With all of that draft capital, I can absolutely see a scenario where they bypass QB first and look to move up from 18 in front of the Raiders to take whichever one they pass on.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I want eric to actually go full on eric decosta and trade back a shitload in this draft and basically have the entire 3rd and 4th round to himself. I believe he could allocate 15-16 picks and I'd actually like it.
you'd like that, that's a switch.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was my draft on PFF

upload_2020-4-21_11-3-49.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Dolphins are expected to pick Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 5 overall pick if he's available and they don't take a quarterback.
In Pauline's report from Monday, a source close to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tells Pauline that Ross is "talking as though Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick," so it's either going to be a position player -- Pauline reports it would be Thomas -- or Tua Tagovailoa. Thomas is widely viewed as the top tackle in this draft, slightly ahead of the other three in the "big four." If the Dolphins take Thomas, the belief would be they'd try to trade up for Utah State QB Jordan Love with their other two first-rounders. Thomas, of course, could go before the Dolphins even pick at No. 5, considering the Giants are believed to be eyeing a tackle at No. 4.

the big bombshell there is not what they do at 5 because its still clearly hedging and lying season...

but Thomas being viewed widely as the top tackle surprises me given the way media has been reporting about becton and wills

rossihunter2

Staff Member
With our current 9 picks, leaves us with 24 spots to fill. Guessing we'll do so for now and then sign a few vets like we did with McPhee and Ray last year.

Interesting thing will be with no OTAs, no camp invites and no real way to evaluate these UDFAs until they actually get on the field.

yeah its going to be interesting - they're going to have to bury themselves in their playbooks and virtual team meetings etc. and prove themselves in training camp and preseason (if that even happens)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Does he have his grown man body yet? If so he’d be doing himself a disservice.

he’s as good at bending the edge and finishing a rush as anyone in the class, he’s on par with uche and chaisson there

no idea whether he's got room to put more bulk on his frame but he's clearly a better edge prospect but is undersized there right now - could he put on 15 lbs and maintain that bend etc. then i think that's his position - i do agree with you it's foolish of him to pin himself as a LB straight away

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the big bombshell there is not what they do at 5 because its still clearly hedging and lying season...

but Thomas being viewed widely as the top tackle surprises me given the way media has been reporting about becton and wills
I never bought the hype, I always thought becton was a major project and wills was a great athletic OL but Thomas looked to me like clearly the best OL in the draft and it felt like the nfl would feel the same, I don’t think the league bites on athleticism on the OL the way the media does

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I never bought the hype, I always thought becton was a major project and wills was a great athletic OL but Thomas looked to me like clearly the best OL in the draft and it felt like the nfl would feel the same, I don’t think the league bites on athleticism on the OL the way the media does
and Becton is repeatedly seen at the bottom of the 1st round in the Mock Database sites, of course that's also far from real

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Around the NFL has an article about some of the top prospects. Mentions Murray as the most well liked prospect, with nobody saying anything negative about him.

Someone is definitely trading up for him