• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
if the knee is that bad would we draft him?
alternatively it's probably a smokescreen by a team trying to get other teams to panic during a pandemic where they cant do medical rechecks
I doubt it's that bad that he couldn't play 5 years and still be one of the better WR's in the league

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
if the knee is that bad would we draft him?
alternatively it's probably a smokescreen by a team trying to get other teams to panic during a pandemic where they cant do medical rechecks
It's a whisper campaign.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i dont think so too - it looked pretty good when he was training with hollywood etc.
i guess the worry has to be that (as with todd gurley) any knee issue might be degenerative

but then again this stinks of a smokescreen
I think it's probably a smokescreen as well.

LSURavenFan

Veteran
The NFC south is gonna be phenomenal to watch.

Saints, Falcons and Bucs can all put up points, also don’t sleep on the Panthers, they probably have an upgrade at QB from last season.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports the Dolphins are expected to pick Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 5 overall pick if he's available and they don't take a quarterback.
In Pauline's report from Monday, a source close to Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tells Pauline that Ross is "talking as though Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick," so it's either going to be a position player -- Pauline reports it would be Thomas -- or Tua Tagovailoa. Thomas is widely viewed as the top tackle in this draft, slightly ahead of the other three in the "big four." If the Dolphins take Thomas, the belief would be they'd try to trade up for Utah State QB Jordan Love with their other two first-rounders. Thomas, of course, could go before the Dolphins even pick at No. 5, considering the Giants are believed to be eyeing a tackle at No. 4.

I've also read the Chargers like Andrew Thomas and may take him if he makes it to six. Imagine the Chargers move up to three to jump Miami for... Andrew Thomas? Imagine the chaos if the Dolphins & Chargers and take Offensive Tackles instead? Hypothetically, how far does Tua and Herbert fall if they don't go where we expected them to go? I see Tua falling just because of a lack of medical information but how far could they fall if Miami or the Chargers pass on both?

JO_75

Hall of Famer

John Elway trying to not trade up for him lol. Woody Paige was saying the Broncos are eyeing a trade up to within the 8-10 range to nab Jeudy. It's crazy at first thought but Woody Paige said the Broncos liked Noah Fant and he would be their target in a trade down scenario last year. What happened, Broncos traded down and drafted Noah Fant. He must have some good insider info.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've also read the Chargers like Andrew Thomas and may take him if he makes it to six. Imagine the Chargers move up to three to jump Miami for... Andrew Thomas? Imagine the chaos if the Dolphins & Chargers and take Offensive Tackles instead? Hypothetically, how far does Tua and Herbert fall if they don't go where we expected them to go? I see Tua falling just because of a lack of medical information but how far could they fall if Miami or the Chargers pass on both?

If Miami passes I fully expect them to trade up and get 1 with the 18th pick

If the chargers pass and tua’s still there at 12 I think gruden and Mayock think about it really seriously - doesn’t have to get thrown into the fire straight away but could be the franchise qb gruden wants

rossihunter2

Staff Member
John Elway trying to not trade up for him lol. Woody Paige was saying the Broncos are eyeing a trade up to within the 8-10 range to nab Jeudy. It's crazy at first thought but Woody Paige said the Broncos liked Noah Fant and he would be their target in a trade down scenario last year. What happened, Broncos traded down and drafted Noah Fant. He must have some good insider info.

Broncos and TE was obvious - people just thought they’d take hockenson at 10

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor

thats a weird thing to say in praise of a LB. sort of expected to note a puller since before HS. and then to say, " takes him to ball locations....huh? Duh.

My main concern with Queen is tackling in space and his size. great read and react and probably would make us even more special so far as coverage in nickel particularly.

the 4th play in the clips he shows is one of my favorites. great read/take on and shed to make tackle

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
thats a weird thing to say in praise of a LB. sort of expected to note a puller since before HS. and then to say, " takes him to ball locations....huh? Duh.

My main concern with Queen is tackling in space and his size. great read and react and probably would make us even more special so far as coverage in nickel particularly.

the 4th play in the clips he shows is one of my favorites. great read/take on and shed to make tackle
I think the Ravens are the team that like Jordyn Brooks better than both Murray and Queen and are hoping to get him in the 2nd round.