• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2020 NFL Draft Gameday Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
He said on Twitter or got quoted on Twitter as saying he would sit. He used to think all the big hugs and hits from prospects was the issue, but clearly that wasn't all it was.

Just trying to be more personable. I don't get why people hate him as a person. He seems like he really tries and is okay with self deprecation.
I feel like he’s Santa at Christmas waiting to give me a present.

Its still relatively "early" in the draft, but I'm getting the sense that the FO is like "look, we're not going to be able to upgrade the pass rush that much this year". And it makes sense... this is a notoriously bad year for edge rushers. The draft is lacking, and there wasn't much on the FA market.

What it seems to me is that the FO has decided:
a) we're not going to get bullied in the run game anymore. They're beefing up and redoing the Dline, and they're making sure that won't be a weakness this year.
b) they've just decided that they're going to blitz a lot with various groupings and looks, and allow the leagues best secondary to do what it does best.

Probably the worst news for us fans, because I think the consensus was adding to the pass rush was a key priority this offseason. But it's starting to smell like that's just not going to happen.
This sums up my thoughts as well. Get a LB who can blitz and shore up the run defense. We're going to lean on the secondary. Picking as late as we do just really hurts our chances of getting the day one impact pass rushers.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
He said on Twitter or got quoted on Twitter as saying he would sit. He used to think all the big hugs and hits from prospects was the issue, but clearly that wasn't all it was.

Just trying to be more personable. I don't get why people hate him as a person. He seems like he really tries and is okay with self deprecation.
People love to hate people of power. Just look at our President

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Do you guys in America say "Arranged Rhum"? Cause I just got my bottle out to make sure I celebrate the right way

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Even if the front office wanted AB, and that’s a BIG if, wouldn’t he have to go through some kind of process with the NFL that could take months?

LSURavenFan

Veteran
Through 3 picks, I’m pretty happy.

I liked Mims, would have been nice but in my mock if didn’t have him being available so I’ll pretend he wasn’t for my piece of mind lol.

We have 3 impact players so far, and I like our chances at getting a couple more before the night is out