• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: RB JK Dobbins (55)

Asyranok

Practice Squad
Did you see Lamar’s reaction to getting drafted? He was pissed off, but not because he was a raven, which he cleared up very quickly in his interview. These players didn’t get interviews.
Nothing about Lamar's reaction is corellatable in my mind to Dobbins. Believe it or not, I am fairly solid at reading body language and inflection. It is actually something I need to be good at. Lamar showed a chip. He said he would win the Ravens a superbowl. It's not close...

Let's be honest. I am being harsh, though. I mean no insult to the guy, but I mean what I said. But I have no doubt that he can prove me wrong. I sure hope for it. If he dominates, then my favorite team does. But the reaction could make me happier. That's it and that's all, personally.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Nothing about Lamar's reaction is corellatable in my mind to Dobbins. Believe it or not, I am fairly solid at reading body language and inflection. It is actually something I need to be good at. Lamar showed a chip. He said he would win the Ravens a superbowl. It's not close...

Let's be honest. I am being harsh, though. I mean no insult to the guy, but I mean what I said. But I have no doubt that he can prove me wrong. I sure hope for it. If he dominates, then my favorite team does. But the reaction could make me happier. That's it and that's all, personally.
If you take out Lamar’s interview he didn’t get to reveal that he was pissed about going late. He literally walked up the stairs shaking his head lol

Asyranok

Practice Squad
If you take out Lamar’s interview he didn’t get to reveal that he was pissed about going late. He literally walked up the stairs shaking his head lol
Well, I sort of am ignoring his interview. I just didn't see the same body language. Guess it's just me :p

Tank

Hall of Famer
He can easily win me over. As hinted/mentioned, of all the picks his highlights impressed me the most. And by far. But I also don't think I am bad or wrong for being disappointed. Full expectations he will ultimately prove me wrong though. Fingers crossed.
Thinking logically, surely he was miffed at going late. Why would a RB be angry about being drafted by the league's #1 rushing offense? Doesn't seem to make sense.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think I read dolphins was ready to draft him. They had the next pick. Usually a team would call probably 2 picks ahead of them to let the guy know. Maybe he was already thinking about that sunshine weather lol.

But in all seriousness, this is like the perfect scheme fit for him. Everything matches up. Heavy run offense out of shotgun. I’m honestly surprised he fell to us. BPA matches with scheme fit so well, it’s crazy.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think I read dolphins was ready to draft him. They had the next pick. Usually a team would call probably 2 picks ahead of them to let the guy know. Maybe he was already thinking about that sunshine weather lol.

But in all seriousness, this is like the perfect scheme fit for him. Everything matches up. Heavy run offense out of shotgun. I’m honestly surprised he fell to us. BPA matches with scheme fit so well, it’s crazy.
I gotta day I’d probably be a little bummed out too. But that’s 28 year old me, 21 year old me wouldn’t give a shit about the beaches or weather lol I’d be like let’s fucking goooo

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I gotta day I’d probably be a little bummed out too. But that’s 28 year old me, 21 year old me wouldn’t give a shit about the beaches or weather lol I’d be like let’s fucking goooo

Stop lying. 21 year old you knowin you’ll be spending 4 years In Miami as a millionaire and you wouldn’t give a shit if you got blue balled by getting picked right before? Haha I bet he was a little bummed but then talked him into getting hype about getting drafted to a contender and 1st class organization. Still bummed tho haha

Maybe its the 5% tax hit

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
my concern with dobbins is that he really isn't a guy that breaks that extra tackle which you don't expect him too. that's something you'd want in an elite running back. He seems like a high floor but low ceiling RB. Basically a solid starter.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
my concern with dobbins is that he really isn't a guy that breaks that extra tackle which you don't expect him too. that's something you'd want in an elite running back. He seems like a high floor but low ceiling RB. Basically a solid starter.
actually he breaks a lot of tackles. Not only that he finds holes when they are about the size of a coin slot and has tremendous vision and patience.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
actually he breaks a lot of tackles. Not only that he finds holes when they are about the size of a coin slot and has tremendous vision and patience.

I didn't see it. Zach Moss breaks a lot of tackles. I didn't see it with dobbins. Can someone show statistics to back up the broken tackles?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I didn't see it. Zach Moss breaks a lot of tackles. I didn't see it with dobbins. Can someone show statistics to back up the broken tackles?
Lot of it is due to style of play. Dobbins is way quicker and more elusive. Times his cuts really, really well.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

Why would the Dolphins call though when the pick would not be until next day? They would be fielding trade offers all the way up until the start of the round.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lot of it is due to style of play. Dobbins is way quicker and more elusive. Times his cuts really, really well.

Just found this on PFF.

NEGATIVES
  • Not terribly dynamic in the open field. Seven broken tackles on 71 catches in career.
  • So much space in OSU offense. Not a lot of translatable concepts.
  • Runs high between the tackles.
ROUND PROJECTION
Third Round

NFL COMPARISON
Ryan Matthews

BOTTOM LINE
Dobbins’ running style and vision are elite when projecting to the NFL. His speed and receiving ability are icing on the cake.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Just found this on PFF.

NEGATIVES
  • Not terribly dynamic in the open field. Seven broken tackles on 71 catches in career.
  • So much space in OSU offense. Not a lot of translatable concepts.
  • Runs high between the tackles.
ROUND PROJECTION
Third Round

NFL COMPARISON
Ryan Matthews

BOTTOM LINE
Dobbins’ running style and vision are elite when projecting to the NFL. His speed and receiving ability are icing on the cake.

PFF has always been pretty bad on college prospects, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Dobbins keeps his feet moving through tackles and is able to break them on a consistent basis and has elite vision as it says in PFF's bottom line.

Watch Edgar's film breakdown

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
PFF has always been pretty bad on college prospects, I'd take that with a grain of salt. Dobbins keeps his feet moving through tackles and is able to break them on a consistent basis and has elite vision as it says in PFF's bottom line.

Watch Edgar's film breakdown

Wow awesome video. Didn't realize how well he does the little things.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He can easily win me over. As hinted/mentioned, of all the picks his highlights impressed me the most. And by far. But I also don't think I am bad or wrong for being disappointed. Full expectations he will ultimately prove me wrong though. Fingers crossed.
Maybe he wasnt all that excited because he knew he would get drafted? I mean he worked his ass off for yrs so he been came to terms that it would happen, so maybe the element of suprise didnt hit him like it did others..

Its not as big as getting drafted but when i graduated highschool and college i didnt really gaf cause i expected it to happen. now if i hit the lottery, id act a mf fool lol..Anyway, im just giving him benefit of doubt because i wouldve reacted the same way as he did...

Edit: just watched a vid “ he told me he is never satisfied and wants to be known as the best back in the country”.... now with that being said while he was in college, it could also mean he maybe was a lil disappointed getting picked by the ravens because he wont be the primary starter there and eve if he is, he will be splitting carries with atleast 3 people

Last edited: