• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: RB JK Dobbins (55)

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Naw we still lose tbh.. we had no answer for henry
We did have an answer, to score points, lack of separation and drops killed any chance at that. If you replace Roberts with Thomas we have an early TD and also a key third down conversion later on, along with actually separating throughout the game.

Henry got almost half his yardage on one run, he worked us BUT if Judon makes that one fucking tackle then Henry has a “good” game, that one run really skews the entire perception big time. Yes Henry has a big game against us, even if you discount that run which was inexcusable on Judon, he had a good game, but he wasn’t producing at a rate that we wouldn’t have been able to match if we had actually been scoring points.

All we had to do was score points and make them chase us, we couldn’t. Difference between us and the chiefs is that they completed passes and we dropped them.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
We did have an answer, to score points, lack of separation and drops killed any chance at that. If you replace Roberts with Thomas we have an early TD and also a key third down conversion later on, along with actually separating throughout the game.

Henry got almost half his yardage on one run, he worked us BUT if Judon makes that one fucking tackle then Henry has a “good” game, that one run really skews the entire perception big time. Yes Henry has a big game against us, even if you discount that run which was inexcusable on Judon, he had a good game, but he wasn’t producing at a rate that we wouldn’t have been able to match if we had actually been scoring points.

All we had to do was score points and make them chase us, we couldn’t. Difference between us and the chiefs is that they completed passes and we dropped them.
I think they don't watch Thomas enough. He's open if he's 1 vs 1 against a CB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If we talking flacco era, no matter what wrs you give flacco he was gonna be flacco. That wouldnt have upped his game other than forcing throws and hoping they come down with it..

As for now, id still rather have derrick.. derrick basically single handily won them two playoff games.. wrs dont have that much power. Its much easier to stop/slow down someone like thomas than derrick henry imo..i dnt think henry is a good example lol. If titans had anyother back in nfl plus thomas, i think we wouldve won that game but because it was derrick henry he changed the outcome alone
Michael Thomas will have a much longer career and be more consistent than Derrick Henry.

A comparison is Clinton Portis or Champ Bailey. Portis willed the Skins to two playoffs in 2005 and 2007. That wouldn't have happened with Bailey, but I would have preferred Bailey for the duration because he is a better overall player.

btw, Skins were forced to trade Bailey back in 2004. Bailey's wife caught him cheating and it was either be traded or file for divorce.

Last edited:

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Michael Thomas will have a much longer career and be more consistent than Derrick Henry.

A comparison is Clinton Portis or Champ Bailey. Portis willed the Skins to two playoffs in 2005 and 2007. That wouldn't have happened with Bailey, but I would have preferred Bailey for the duration because he is a better overall player.

btw, Skins were forced to trade Bailey back in 2004. Bailey's wife caught him cheating and it was either be traded or file for divorce.
We have a better chance at winning with henry than we do with thomas.. thats all im saying. We also have a better chance at beating a team that has thomas and not henry.. its harder to tackle henry than it is to guard thomas.. its harder to game plan for henry also.. give us thomas last year vs titans and we still lose.. only way we win that game is if derrick henry didnt exist

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have a better chance at winning with henry than we do with thomas.. thats all im saying. We also have a better chance at beating a team that has thomas and not henry.. its harder to tackle henry than it is to guard thomas.. its harder to game plan for henry also.. give us thomas last year vs titans and we still lose.. only way we win that game is if derrick henry didnt exist
if your point is that there hasn't been a number 1 receiver on a winning super bowl in a long time, then I agree with you, a running back or good running back tandem is more important.

I'm going on longevity and ability to contribute for a long period of time to an organization and not just a short run.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Every time I watch dobbins, the more I fall into disbelief that we got this dude at the end of the 2nd... he’s gonna be a problem for real. He is so quick, and elusive, and he is such an intuitive and heads up runner and so decisive. He’s a dream fit for this Roman lamar offense.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Every time I watch dobbins, the more I fall into disbelief that we got this dude at the end of the 2nd... he’s gonna be a problem for real. He is so quick, and elusive, and he is such an intuitive and heads up runner and so decisive. He’s a dream fit for this Roman lamar offense.
Dobbins is another example of a highly touted prospect who started off with massive hype and produces but then no one bats an eye.

It's almost like after the freshman year people get bored talking about how good he is. He was a freshman phenom who ended up as the 2nd all time leader in OSU history, and they've had some great backs.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
JK has a super high floor. His ceiling? I don't think it's that much higher than his floor. I've now watched pretty much every snap of his college career on youtube

My only real gripe is that he runs a bit too high when running through the line of scrimmmage and I'd like him to be a tad more harder to bring down. He's elusive enough but I'd like to see more broken tackles.

HIs main PROs?

His vision ( elite)
His Motor
Very Good in pass protection

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I worry about his speed. I don't see the 4.4 on tape. There were plenty of occasions where Im watching his carries and im thinking '' He's going to score'' but he then gets caught up with or tackled.

His best attribute is his vision. It's superb.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I worry about his speed. I don't see the 4.4 on tape. There were plenty of occasions where Im watching his carries and im thinking '' He's going to score'' but he then gets caught up with or tackled.

His best attribute is his vision. It's superb.

I agree with this. If he actually had just a bit of extra juice in the speed dep, he would never have got caught and would have been hands down the best RB in the class

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is where swift and taylor have the advantage. THey look explosive on tape and never look like being caught ( taylor in particular).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is where swift and taylor have the advantage. THey look explosive on tape and never look like being caught ( taylor in particular).

jonathan taylor was the best runner in the class hands-down
swift i thought was overrated but had some breakaway speed and more production out of the backfield but not the best vision

i think taylor on the colts is going to be a fireworks display
i think d'andre swift on the lions might turn into a lost 4 years

we wouldnt have been complaining about edwards-helaire's long speed if we'd drafted him and he's also not going to be a home-run threat in the pros

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
jonathan taylor was the best runner in the class hands-down
swift i thought was overrated but had some breakaway speed and more production out of the backfield but not the best vision

i think taylor on the colts is going to be a fireworks display
i think d'andre swift on the lions might turn into a lost 4 years

we wouldnt have been complaining about edwards-helaire's long speed if we'd drafted him and he's also not going to be a home-run threat in the pros

I like dobbins more than CEH

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
but yeah, Taylor just pops out more out of all the RB's. True explosion.

I think dobbins has the best vision though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Taylor is particularly fast, but no other top back in the class looks like they match dobbins breakaway speed other than swift in which case it’s kind of a toss up and dobbins imo is head and shoulders above swift all around.

CEH who was my favorite back doesn’t have nearly the long speed or explosive change of direction that dobbins has, CEH was my favorite back simply because he is a legit 3 down back but could be a full time slot receiver for the right coach.