• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: OL Tyre Phillips (106) and Ben Bredeson (143)

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
he's a less explosive KO. Similar Size and Length. I must say though he doesn;t look like he's put much effort in the weight room
I agree, although he was 380lbs when he left EMCC and at the combine he weighed-in at 331lbs.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree, although he was 380lbs when he left EMCC and at the combine he weighed-in at 331lbs.

Imagine a line of Stanley, Phillips, Bredeson, Fluker, Orlando Brown Jr? Who the fuck is pushing that line back in the run game? would be biggest line in football history

Reactions: cdp

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
remember in 2011 offseason when we were so close to signing evan mathis?

Imagine an Mathis LG and Yanda at RG combo? Best in history?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
yes it is - had you not seen this clip before - i feel really bad for him lol - first time ever flying on a plane and everyone's laughing at you while you think you're about to die - id be so pissed when the plane landed
Yeah but you get over it lol, that’s pretty harmless hazing.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Imagine a line of Stanley, Phillips, Bredeson, Fluker, Orlando Brown Jr? Who the fuck is pushing that line back in the run game? would be biggest line in football history
The biggest, and the slimmest most finesse of them all would ironically be the best player of them all.

man if phillips can develop those feet to a competent level to play pass pro in the league, and if bredeson is the technician so many claim he is, that line doesn’t sound bad.

an OL where dj fluker is the weak link is not bad at all lok

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Tyre had a rough game in pass pro vs Tennessee - i know some here think he can be a swing tackle but i just dont see it having watched this tape - speed rushers will kill him on the outside if he takes snaps at LT or they'll force him to overset and open the gate to the inside move - there's no future for him at tackle - if he ends up backing up at tackle it will be because he'll offer versatility to be cover for 4 different spots on the OL

there's a massive future for him as a guard though - he showed processing that allowed him to protect himself and not get beat like a drum at tackle despite his athletic limitations, and that processing and vision is a nice sign that he will be able to cope well with the move inside where the processing gets sped up a little but in a tighter space

some of the huge pros:

he down-blocks like a freight-train - his arm length allows him to get hands inside first and control defenders and if he can extend his arms then he literally prevents the defender from being able to disengage effectively - when he keeps his feet under him and moving he's really difficult to deal with in either phase - he's the kind of guy you'd want to run behind on 4th and 1 - has shown some ability to pull and find his target - he's so long that he's hard for defenders to avoid when coming down hill

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Tyre had a rough game in pass pro vs Tennessee - i know some here think he can be a swing tackle but i just dont see it having watched this tape - speed rushers will kill him on the outside if he takes snaps at LT or they'll force him to overset and open the gate to the inside move - there's no future for him at tackle - if he ends up backing up at tackle it will be because he'll offer versatility to be cover for 4 different spots on the OL

there's a massive future for him as a guard though - he showed processing that allowed him to protect himself and not get beat like a drum at tackle despite his athletic limitations, and that processing and vision is a nice sign that he will be able to cope well with the move inside where the processing gets sped up a little but in a tighter space

some of the huge pros:

he down-blocks like a freight-train - his arm length allows him to get hands inside first and control defenders and if he can extend his arms then he literally prevents the defender from being able to disengage effectively - when he keeps his feet under him and moving he's really difficult to deal with in either phase - he's the kind of guy you'd want to run behind on 4th and 1 - has shown some ability to pull and find his target - he's so long that he's hard for defenders to avoid when coming down hill
Yeah I don’t see swing tackle at all. His feet are really heavy on his drop and he has this issue with not finishing in pass protection.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

some of the huge pros:

I agree. I also liked his senior bowl matchup vs kinlaw. The only guy to actually win over kinlaw during the senior bowl during the 1 v1 reps at guard.

I actually like him more at LG than RG on our team.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree. I also liked his senior bowl matchup vs kinlaw. The only guy to actually win over kinlaw during the senior bowl during the 1 v1 reps at guard.

I actually like him more at LG than RG on our team.
We ask our LG to be a supreme athlete and our RG to be a mauler and anchor. Tyre definitely strikes me as more of the latter

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
DIdn't he do rather well at LG during the senior bowl?
Was he being used as a LG the same way we scheme our LG? If he just looked good with general guard play then it doesn’t matter that much which side it was on, if he was at LG and was also being asked to pull and get downfield often then that’s another story.

full disclosure I haven’t watched any of his senior bowl tape so you could be totally right

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was he being used as a LG the same way we scheme our LG? If he just looked good with general guard play then it doesn’t matter that much which side it was on, if he was at LG and was also being asked to pull and get downfield often then that’s another story.

full disclosure I haven’t watched any of his senior bowl tape so you could be totally right

He was the only guy that handled kinlaw in his half a dozen reps against him.