• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: OL Tyre Phillips (106) and Ben Bredeson (143)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tyre Phillips was a harbaugh pick

that means he'll probably amount to nothing

ramon harewood style

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tyre Phillips was a harbaugh pick

that means he'll probably amount to nothing

ramon harewood style
But with a name like Tyre, the way that he'll do the tire drill would have Harbs thinking "Yep, that's the heart of a lion right there."

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
In all seriousness , tyre and broderick washington were two guys that were not good value IMO

pretty sure both could have been at in the 6th or even 7th round.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In all seriousness , tyre and broderick washington were two guys that were not good value IMO

pretty sure both could have been at in the 6th or even 7th round.
I think Tyre goes in the 4th round and it's pretty obvious we were targeting him, because they wanted him or Harbaugh wanted him. I think he has some upside, but it's hard to know at this point. I like the Broderick Washington pick and feel getting him in the 5th was decent value due to his versatility.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Tyre goes in the 4th round and it's pretty obvious we were targeting him, because they wanted him or Harbaugh wanted him. I think he has some upside, but it's hard to know at this point. I like the Broderick Washington pick and feel getting him in the 5th was decent value due to his versatility.

the more i watch of broderick the more i like him - was not a player id watched pre-draft so knew nothing about beforehand

tyre felt like a bit of a reach to me but only by half a round (which in the mid-rounds is not that much) and if he's a guy that gets the coach excited then that's a no brainer when you've already made 5 picks in the top 100

phillips feels like a coach's pick too - high ceiling prospect with all the measurables you could want in terms of physique at the position and coaches often feel like they want the ball of clay to mould - Harbs probably looks at Tyre and gets excited over what he imagines Joe D can do with him - we'll see whether joe d can do something with him but that would be my guess as to why harbs was so pumped about phillips

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the more i watch of broderick the more i like him - was not a player id watched pre-draft so knew nothing about beforehand

tyre felt like a bit of a reach to me but only by half a round (which in the mid-rounds is not that much) and if he's a guy that gets the coach excited then that's a no brainer when you've already made 5 picks in the top 100

phillips feels like a coach's pick too - high ceiling prospect with all the measurables you could want in terms of physique at the position and coaches often feel like they want the ball of clay to mould - Harbs probably looks at Tyre and gets excited over what he imagines Joe D can do with him - we'll see whether joe d can do something with him but that would be my guess as to why harbs was so pumped about phillips
phillips probably gave a hell of a few interviews, his call with the ravens media was great, seems like he would give harbaugh an interview to leave a lasting impression