• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
They'd have to majorly suck to get into Fields selection range.
Well I imagine they will... last year felt like they were massively overachieving and I think their OL has been taking steps back and I think claypool is a total bust and I think Ben has to be done, his body has been beaten to shit so badly I just don’t think he or any qb on that roster will make it work.

I also think fields is far from a 2nd overall lock, this time a year ago tua was a dead lock for first overall, a year prior to the 2018 draft Baker was considered a reach in round 2.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Well I imagine they will... last year felt like they were massively overachieving and I think their OL has been taking steps back and I think claypool is a total bust and I think Ben has to be done, his body has been beaten to shit so badly I just don’t think he or any qb on that roster will make it work.

I also think fields is far from a 2nd overall lock, this time a year ago tua was a dead lock for first overall, a year prior to the 2018 draft Baker was considered a reach in round 2.

ok maybe not guaranteed to be number 2 - but as long as he doesnt shit the bed this year you can guarantee he's going top 15 worst case... and almost certainly top 5

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Fields and Lawrence will be first 2 off the board next year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Anyone have a bad feeling Justin fields ends up a Steelers and is bens replacement... just feels like such a fucking Steelers thing

I'm more concerned with the Patriots pulling off a better tank job than the Dolphins and end up with Lawrence or Fields. We saw how competitive the Steelers were without Ben last year, they still had a chance at the playoffs in week 17. No way they suck so bad that they end up with the first or second overall pick.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm more concerned with the Patriots pulling off a better tank job than the Dolphins and end up with Lawrence or Fields. We saw how competitive the Steelers were without Ben last year, they still had a chance at the playoffs in week 17. No way they suck so bad that they end up with the first or second overall pick.
Idk man the Steelers feel like they’re bound to crash. They seriously overachieved last year and they looked really bad at times, and I feel like they showed their true colors week 17, and ruling out bens return they haven’t gotten better and may end up dramatically worse outside of bens return, and there’s a more than realistic chance ben comes back really bad

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Idk man the Steelers feel like they’re bound to crash. They seriously overachieved last year and they looked really bad at times, and I feel like they showed their true colors week 17, and ruling out bens return they haven’t gotten better and may end up dramatically worse outside of bens return, and there’s a more than realistic chance ben comes back really bad
Now that you brought up week 17, I'm kinda still in shock on how BADLY we dominated them at front with a back QB who couldn't do shit in the passing game other from a play here and there.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

their defence is too good - their defence is an elite unit filled with high quality talen - even if their offence sucks, their defence will win them too many games - Big Ben, Juju, johnson and washington will have enough to score points when the defence puts them in good positions even if the OL does start to falter - their season may end up looking a lot like last year where they have a truly awful offence but their defence can help them win some games 15-10

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Now that you brought up week 17, I'm kinda still in shock on how BADLY we dominated them at front with a back QB who couldn't do shit in the passing game other from a play here and there.

we also had taken our 2 best OL out of the game too - we had james hurst at left tackle...

tbf RGIII ran that running game to perfection (and offered basically nothing in the passing game0

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
their defence is too good - their defence is an elite unit filled with high quality talen - even if their offence sucks, their defence will win them too many games - Big Ben, Juju, johnson and washington will have enough to score points when the defence puts them in good positions even if the OL does start to falter - their season may end up looking a lot like last year where they have a truly awful offence but their defence can help them win some games 15-10

Kinda sounds like our teams flipped.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trey Lance QB - has some tools and some nice reads etc. in his game + athleticism - looks better than jalen hurts already to me as a prospect and hurts went round 2 this year - i think a great season from this guy and we might see him be taken in the 1st round

He was good enough not to be caught by Daka lol. Looked more into Daka and he led the FCS in sacks with 16.5. I'm saying it now. Dude is making the team. I know this is not the proper thread but I had to get it in.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Based on highlights Asante Samuel jr plays like his dad with an extra chip on his shoulder. I’m gonna be doing some film study on that dude for sure

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
btw...and this is on one of my posts at some point early this year , I wanted etienne with the 28th pick. For me, he's the only RB that was a clear cut above the rest with JT in 2nd place. Can you imagine having to deal with him and lamar?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
btw...and this is on one of my posts at some point early this year , I wanted etienne with the 28th pick. For me, he's the only RB that was a clear cut above the rest with JT in 2nd place. Can you imagine having to deal with him and lamar?

didnt watch a crazy amount of etienne because he decided not to declare fairly early in the process before i started watching running backs

taking a RB that high who is uncomfortable as a receiver is a massive gamble - might be able to play 3rd downs because of his ability in pass pro but clearly not a natural receiver (maybe why he went back to school)