• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

Simba

Staff Member
Learned today that there are dudes in this draft named Rachad Wildgoose and DiCaprio Bootle. We need them.

Simba

Staff Member
This prompted me to search for name value selections...

WR Rico Bussey
LS Cameron Cheeseman
P Oscar Draguicevich III
S Ky'el Hemby
CB Marlon Character
OT Coy Cronk
WR Racey McMath
CB Rachad Wildgoose
CB Dicaprio Bootle
CB Deommodore Lenoir
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
RB Chuba Hubbard
ED Hamilcar Rashed Jr.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

WR Rico Bussey
LS Cameron Cheeseman
P Oscar Draguicevich III
S Ky'el Hemby
CB Marlon Character
OT Coy Cronk
WR Racey McMath
CB Rachad Wildgoose
CB Dicaprio Bootle
CB Deommodore Lenoir
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
RB Chuba Hubbard
ED Hamilcar Rashed Jr.

i do love that racey mcmath is really fast

don't forget to add WR Whop Philyor

WR Rico Bussey
LS Cameron Cheeseman
P Oscar Draguicevich III
S Ky'el Hemby
CB Marlon Character
OT Coy Cronk
WR Racey McMath
CB Rachad Wildgoose
CB Dicaprio Bootle
CB Deommodore Lenoir
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
RB Chuba Hubbard
ED Hamilcar Rashed Jr.

My gf approves the list
She's in love with McMath, Wildgoose and Hubbard

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

WR Rico Bussey
LS Cameron Cheeseman
P Oscar Draguicevich III
S Ky'el Hemby
CB Marlon Character
OT Coy Cronk
WR Racey McMath
CB Rachad Wildgoose
CB Dicaprio Bootle
CB Deommodore Lenoir
WR Josh Imatorbhebhe
RB Chuba Hubbard
ED Hamilcar Rashed Jr.

Zaven Da Raven.
Teven Da Raven.

that’s all we need

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Who wants Kellen Mond? lol

Hopefully we can get a QB-haul for it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Who wants Kellen Mond? lol

Hopefully we can get a QB-haul for it.

So this means we aren't fielding calls lol. I can see us trading up from 27 for Devonta or Kwity Paye then trading back from 31 to recoup the picks we lost.

Simba

Staff Member
i mean if he's right, then that's great - because i really wasnt sure there'd be much interest in the 31st pick tbh...

but it's also from *** so probably not much merit to it (although he was very early on the orlando stuff this offseason)

I feel like this is one of those no brainer reports though. Like of course there are going to be talks. Every single team out there is figuring out what it would take to move up and back. This is just part of the process.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Learned today that there are dudes in this draft named Rachad Wildgoose and DiCaprio Bootle. We need them.
Wildgoose low key looks like a late day 3 guy with some upside.

also, unrelated, USC’s olaijah griffin is Warren G’s son

Simba

Staff Member
Rapoport just said live on NFLN that trade talks have been relatively silent this year. Teams in the top 10 don't want to move far because of the drop off. He also said multiple teams have told him that what you get in the late teens could very well be similar to what you get at pick 50.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Rapoport just said live on NFLN that trade talks have been relatively silent this year. Teams in the top 10 don't want to move far because of the drop off. He also said multiple teams have told him that what you get in the late teens could very well be similar to what you get at pick 50.

no one really moved at all in last year's draft either until late in the 1st...

it's definitely possible that the only trades we see early are for the other 2 QBs...

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Too bad It's Bucky Brooks. His mock has us landing Ojulari at 27 and Teven Jenkins at 31

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Too bad It's Bucky Brooks. His mock has us landing Ojulari at 27 and Teven Jenkins at 31

Every mock has been overreacting saying we need to take a tackle just because we traded OBJ. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up then traded back. Also, I like the idea of having two players on five year deals with Lamar's contract situation coming up.

Simba

Staff Member
Every mock has been overreacting saying we need to take a tackle just because we traded OBJ. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised if we traded up then traded back. Also, I like the idea of having two players on five year deals with Lamar's contract situation coming up.

I'm not sure the year 5 option makes that big of a difference for a non-QB. Sounds great in theory, but if the player is that good, there's a good chance you're working on an extension well before that anyways. It's a nice to have, but for a team that will likely have a QB occupying a huge part of the cap, you're probably going to want the extension over the option, because you can adjust the cap hit that way.