• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 General Draft Thoughts

Simba

Staff Member
A lot of the Mac Jones to SF guaranteed people are conveniently putting Trey Lance to SF today

Simba

Staff Member
Also it seems like the Dolphins massively misread the board when they traded back up. It sounds like they were convinced one of Chase or Pitts would be there at 6 with a QB going at 4. But with that not happening, they're in an interesting spot and might be forced to go Sewell even though they didn't want to. Probably made a mistake there moving back up for no reason.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I literally make the pick, just to appease myself, then pick at 31, for fun, then restart lmao.

Then I never pick ardarius Washington at the end of the third, because I firmly believe he’s not gonna be there.

you shut your dirty lil mouth!

Washington and Palmer are our 3rd round selections. Book it!

I will Lavar speak it into existence!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
upload_2021-4-28_18-19-5.png

it felt like corner was BPA about 7 times but i managed to only take 2 of them lol - first 5 picks were all basically religiously following my board though

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Also it seems like the Dolphins massively misread the board when they traded back up. It sounds like they were convinced one of Chase or Pitts would be there at 6 with a QB going at 4. But with that not happening, they're in an interesting spot and might be forced to go Sewell even though they didn't want to. Probably made a mistake there moving back up for no reason.
Yeah I thought that was stupid to begin with. You don’t trade up using picks before the draft, you work out the deal in advance and if shit falls as you wanted then you execute the trade, it’s not that simple, but you can’t just prematurely send picks away and then not get your guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
you shut your dirty lil mouth!

Washington and Palmer are our 3rd round selections. Book it!

I will Lavar speak it into existence!
I’ll be real here, I don’t get the josh Palmer hype. I just don’t see what makes him any better than a typical late day 3 H/W/S project

rossihunter2

Staff Member

having just got rid of ereck flowers, you've got to think that sewell's at least somewhat an option for them - shift robert hunt inside to guard, draft a tackle like sewell and then shift austin jackson to RT

either that or jaylen waddle is super high on their board too

got to think they had 3 players they liked at 6 just in case - ultimately though if they didn't, then you're right and it's a misplay to make that trade before draft night...

Simba

Staff Member
having just got rid of ereck flowers, you've got to think that sewell's at least somewhat an option for them - shift robert hunt inside to guard, draft a tackle like sewell and then shift austin jackson to RT

either that or jaylen waddle is super high on their board too

got to think they had 3 players they liked at 6 just in case - ultimately though if they didn't, then you're right and it's a misplay to make that trade before draft night...

Oh yeah I think he's an option and I think they'd be happy with Sewell, Waddle, or Smith if they have to pick at 6. But I don't think it's what they had in mind when they made that move back up.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’ll be real here, I don’t get the josh Palmer hype. I just don’t see what makes him any better than a typical late day 3 H/W/S project

A deprived and scarred Ravens fan looking for WR talent.

And I ageee, he’s probably a day 3 prospect (which a 3rd round comp pick is technically).. but he’s my new David Reed.. Tandon Doss.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Trading back while Jenkins is on the board is just not something I’d be happy with lmao, I don’t imagine it could play out that way irl

i had multiple guys i really liked at 27 including jenkins - and the packers were only asking me to move down 2 spots while giving me an extra 4th

had jenkins, ojulari, moore, dickerson, humphrey, samuel jr all still on the board - so i took the calculated risk

was not expecting elijah moore to still be there at 42 - i had 7 guys i really liked at 31 and the giants were asking me to trade back 11 spots

same at 76 - dyami brown for me was too good to pass up there even though i'd already taken moore...

i love jenkins a ton - but it seems he's slipping in media mocks a bit because he's a RT not a LT

rossihunter2

Staff Member
killing it.
would have preferred some edge early but great players.

stuck to the board, with the knowledge that ultimately there'd be one somewhere and that the ravens probably don't value edge super highly compared to other positions (especially vs DB) - and there was never one really close to the top of my board - thought about quincy roche at 94 but he was taken, odeyingbo and turner both went before the 76th pick

tbh patrick jones wasnt BPA when i took him (another CB was lol) but at that point i thought i had to get one

Simba

Staff Member
And Denver picks up Teddy in a trade. I wonder if this means Lance is going to SF. Rumors abound that he was the QB they'd move up for.

not a fan of wade or golston but otherwise - great draft

i'd take almost every other corner i've watched over shaun wade lol
and i think golston's all power and not much else - there's some use for that probably, especially as an edge setter but i just dont love the prospect

I've really liked Golston at the SeBowl game.. Showed some very nice burst and closing angles.
I have the feeling he's been used way too often inside at Iowa.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
And Denver picks up Teddy in a trade. I wonder if this means Lance is going to SF. Rumors abound that he was the QB they'd move up for.

yeah got to think this is insurance in case a QB they like isn't there...

but if all the rumours about everyone's preferences are right then it really makes me wonder who the hell is picking Jones and Fields...

it will be really annoying if the Pats are somehow able to move up for Fields - probably Josh McDaniels's dream prospect