• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Woodrum

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Okay laugh at me if you will, but I honestly like this kid so much I want to see him be Joe's back up and eventually starter for the Ravens. He's got talent and reminds me of Tony Romo - seriously.
I see Alex smith with woodrum. The pocket presence, accuracy, mobility, supposed lack of arm strength to go deep yet still showing velocity on short passes.

But then again I guess that's a solid description of romo too, except romo could go deep with the best of them in his prime

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
ill own up to this, I was wrong on that front, but I was only going off of his 2015 performance, and if he's in that same form then I'll go with him over kaep, but he has SERIOUSLY regressed since then
Tbh last year he did show some signs of life but the mistakes he made would were just the ones that made you forget about the good

K-Dog

MVP
mallett doesnt just look unpoised though, he looks absolutely shook playing vs backups. i watched kyle boller play, his recent play is seriously reminiscent, i can honestly say that boller vs starting defenders looked better than what mallet is showing vs backups. he looks terrified, he looks like hes standing on hot coals the way he chops his feet, im shocked he hasnt fell multiple times. he is way the hell off the mark with basically every single throw, with time to throw and open receivers he is missing by a mile. he hangs guys out to dry in the middle and is gonna get someone seriously hurt.

I agree with the Boller comparison. ( and I am an admitted Boller fan )
Trying too hard and getting too much into his own head.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many more series do we need to see Mallet? If we don't move the ball/score points in four or five drives, give Woodrum a shot with the starters.

If we DO move the ball through the first quarter, see above.

Pitta's New Hip

Practice Squad
Is it possible we don't keep a fb this year but have 3 QB's? Neither Ortiz or Tali have looked that great this year and fullback position is going the way of the dodo ya know.

Somerset Ravens

Pro Bowler
Is it possible we don't keep a fb this year but have 3 QB's? Neither Ortiz or Tali have looked that great this year and fullback position is going the way of the dodo ya know.

I think the only way we keep three quarterbacks is if there are still significant questions about Flacco's health.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor
Woodrum looked a little shaky against the Bills' first and second teamers. His lack of arm strength really showed up yesterday. I still believe he can make the team, but the QB situation is not looking good.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Woodrum looked a little shaky against the Bills' first and second teamers. His lack of arm strength really showed up yesterday. I still believe he can make the team, but the QB situation is not looking good.
Yeah that was a little disappointing about Woodrum, but we really needed to see that last night. I am glad the team gave him the opportunity to play against a starting defense.