• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flacco Tier 3 QB?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lol, check out the talent that offense had around him. That and continuity with the same kubiak and kubiak / shanahan. It does make a huge difference.
Yeah.. Flacco that season had old man Steve Smith, one trick pony Torrey Smith, old man Owen Daniels, and only good because of Kubiak Justin Forsett. Schaub had stud RB Arian Foster, and literal football juggernaut Andre Johnson, an in his prime Owen Daniels.

Yeah I'll take Schaub's supporting cast any day of the week over that.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
you would think a good-great QB in his 10th year with all this experience and being able to pick the brains of coaches wouldnt be so dependent on being puppeteered.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
All I can say about Flacco is: if he gets hurt and we suck because of it, we better take a QB in the top 10. I have a terrible feeling about the offense this season and this QB class is really good.

I think he'll be fine if he's healthy.

And to those who complain about him: good luck finding a replacement for when he's gone. He's not an elite QB by any means, but he's by far the best we've ever had, and Ozzie has shown a piss poor ability to find QBs in the past before Flacco, and finding a QB who's good enough to win a super bowl is obscenely difficult. He's not elite, he's only good in the postseason, but he's shown an ability to lead teams to wins in the playoffs. That is why he was paid the money he was.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Like i said, we need to get a new QB ready. If it means drafting one next year, so be it..The ravens FO have lost some balls and have operated through fear rather than truth.

Boldnpurpblack

Practice Squad
Like i said, we need to get a new QB ready. If it means drafting one next year, so be it..The ravens FO have lost some balls and have operated through fear rather than truth.
Cuz all that guile running through QB's was so successful '01-'07.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rather than changing OC's every season perhaps start with a philosophy change. Ie: time for the harbaugh to leave.

Maybe that will stabilize things. All im saying is that we're a sub .500 team since 2012. thats 4 years, so clearly the decisions the FO have made are certainly not the best.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
you would think a good-great QB in his 10th year with all this experience and being able to pick the brains of coaches wouldnt be so dependent on being puppeteered.

THIS is the thing you dont get. EVERY QB in the NFL is dependent on having a good supporting cast. There is no magical QB who can turn water into wine. Great QBs get the most out of there supporting but they dont make them into something they are not. That is why you need both a QB AND a solid supporting cast.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rather than changing OC's every season perhaps start with a philosophy change. Ie: time for the harbaugh to leave.

Maybe that will stabilize things. All im saying is that we're a sub .500 team since 2012. thats 4 years, so clearly the decisions the FO have made are certainly not the best.

Seriously?!?!?!? That obnoxious misuse of statistics basically invalidates your entire point. I could use your exact metric and say the Ravens have had ONE losing season since 2012 (which is true because they have had only 1 losing season since 2008 which is oddly enough when he arrived). You are calling for the head of a coach who in 9 seasons has had only 1 losing season. What you did was use the fact that said losing season was a lot of losses which honestly with how bad the injury bug bit that year was only to be expected.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

Get the frustration and another poor year might mean a coaching change. One mistake might have been getting Kubiak instead of Shannahan when we had the chance. I honestly see the GO giving him at least one more year and if no real progress made after next year, good chance he's gone. 8-8 is somewhat expected considering the circumstances. Team also has had a run of bad luck with injuries, mostly happening to people given new contracts. Can't blame him for that. We're stuck with him until 2020 and wouldn't see the franchise going qb until 19 unless we hit on a late pick in an upcoming draft.

I think bortles will have a betterseason this year

Bortles might not even be the starter come week 1.

Joe sure as he'll needs to play better, but I can't put everything on him. I also can't defend him when he's grouped with these qb abominations because of his play the past two years. Best way to drop the stigma is het the guys back to playoffs and show them his worth. Also, ESPN is hot garbage.

ThatsMyJoeTerback

Ravens Ring of Honor

How does firing a head coach stabilize things?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
How does firing a head coach stabilize things?

Get someone on the wheel who can actually drive. Harbaugh isn't a good HC on a tactical level. Need someone to steady the ship. He is the one common denominator in this team on a philosophical level over the last 4 years. I also haven't forgotten all the games we have lost because of his stupid decisions and as a team that always win or lose by a single score, it's proven to be critical.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Get someone on the wheel who can actually drive. Harbaugh isn't a good HC on a tactical level. Need someone to steady the ship. He is the one common denominator in this team on a philosophical level over the last 4 years. I also haven't forgotten all the games we have lost because of his stupid decisions and as a team that always win or lose by a single score, it's proven to be critical.

I don't think firing a coach with the 7th best record among active NFL coaches is a great option (and history tends to support that conclusion as well). The turnover among coordinators has probably been a bigger problem because (aside from Pees) basically every one of Harbaugh's coordinates has gotten fired, retired, or got a HC job w/in 2 years. Always hurts that we have a new scheme being installed every year or are bringing in new OCs to run old OCs systems.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
THIS is the thing you dont get. EVERY QB in the NFL is dependent on having a good supporting cast. There is no magical QB who can turn water into wine. Great QBs get the most out of there supporting but they dont make them into something they are not. That is why you need both a QB AND a solid supporting cast.
Im sorry but BB and brady makes hogan, james white and their past scrubs into something they are not. All you gotta know how to do is catch and you will be decent. 90% of the time brady is throwing to a wide open man lol