• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flacco Tier 3 QB?

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im sorry but BB and brady makes hogan, james white and their past scrubs into something they are not. All you gotta know how to do is catch and you will be decent. 90% of the time brady is throwing to a wide open man lol

Seriously?!?!? Do you honestly believe this nonsense or are you just messing with people. Tom Brady's best skill is that he doesnt throw INTs but that is helped a lot by his great OLine. However his actual passing numbers are far more lopsided and dont involve the people you mention. Yes his 3rd and 4th option can get catches because his 3rd and 4th option are helped by having ACTUAL number 1 options in Edelmen and Gronk when healthy.

Tom Brady is a great QB but you are mistaking "system" for having the right pieces on the roster to win (and getting the Bills Dolphins and Jets twice a year helps). He is an all-time great and so is BB but in BBs case its for the fact that he has consistently followed the same recipe to win the Patriots titles and that is having a solid QB great OLine play and a great secondary. EVERY Patriots title for the past 15 years has this in common and when its not true they do not win the SB.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Im sorry but BB and brady makes hogan, james white and their past scrubs into something they are not. All you gotta know how to do is catch and you will be decent. 90% of the time brady is throwing to a wide open man lol

no excuses! An OC doesnt change the fact that youre inaccurate and make bad reads

He definitely needs to play better, smarter being a part of better. That said Flacco is no Brady and many aren't.

Now reference to your 1st statement with your 2nd one, the OC won't hit your man in stride, but he will design plays to make it easier to get the guy you're throwing to open. Benefit of having the same guy for years is comfort in the system and building and understanding of the system so knowing the offense is effortless. You make the read and naturally know where all your reads are. This also comes with the mental part of the game (presnap reads and understanding the defense you're playing). Trust me, I get just as frustrated with him as you do. I've just realized it is What it is at this point. Somewhat inconsistent guy who will for the most part show up for big games, but can be frustrating for the supposed easy games.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Seriously?!?!? Do you honestly believe this nonsense or are you just messing with people. Tom Brady's best skill is that he doesnt throw INTs but that is helped a lot by his great OLine. However his actual passing numbers are far more lopsided and dont involve the people you mention. Yes his 3rd and 4th option can get catches because his 3rd and 4th option are helped by having ACTUAL number 1 options in Edelmen and Gronk when healthy.

Tom Brady is a great QB but you are mistaking "system" for having the right pieces on the roster to win (and getting the Bills Dolphins and Jets twice a year helps). He is an all-time great and so is BB but in BBs case its for the fact that he has consistently followed the same recipe to win the Patriots titles and that is having a solid QB great OLine play and a great secondary. EVERY Patriots title for the past 15 years has this in common and when its not true they do not win the SB.
Yep cause the 2nd half of the superbowl won them the game because of his recipe lol. BB is greatest coach of all time lets face it and brady is probably the best qb! Did you see the 2nd half adjustments they made? They literally tore theirweaknesses apart. I mean they figured out that collins had no balls skills and lacked instincts! Every ball thrown his way was tight cvg but they knew he lacked the cb skills to int the ball. Thats not a recipe, thats genius

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Yep cause the 2nd half of the superbowl won them the game because of his recipe lol. BB is greatest coach of all time lets face it and brady is probably the best qb! Did you see the 2nd half adjustments they made? They literally tore theirweaknesses apart. I mean they figured out that collins had no balls skills and lacked instincts! Every ball thrown his way was tight cvg but they knew he lacked the cb skills to int the ball. Thats not a recipe, thats genius
Yes, BB didn't give up and kept trying to win the game and ended up doing so. His adjustments were very good and he deserves a lot of credit.

But let's be real here. A team has to choke to blow a 25 point lead to begin with. The Falcons decided to play prevent and choke the fucking game away. They should have kept piling on offensively. As good as BB was during the game, it takes both sides to blow a 25 point lead. The Falcons deserve credit for being prepetual chokers, and the football gods will respond with Matt Ryan suffering at the hands of local drunkard Steve Sarkisian(sadly. I've grown fond of Ryan since he helped me win one of my fantasy leagues). They are eternally screwed!

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Ravens coulda taken a chance on Chad Kelly. He put up like 50 points consecutive games on an Alabama defense with like 8 round1 and future round1 picks. He was pummeled in those games yet consistently made accurate throws knowing he was going to take a hit. Elway was shocked at the accuracy and velocity he threw with while throwing coming off a wrist surgery and acl injury. He coulda learned behind joe flacco a couple years. And be ready when Joes contract came to its next climax

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens coulda taken a chance on Chad Kelly. He put up like 50 points consecutive games on an Alabama defense with like 8 round1 and future round1 picks. He was pummeled in those games yet consistently made accurate throws knowing he was going to take a hit. Elway was shocked at the accuracy and velocity he threw with while throwing coming off a wrist surgery and acl injury. He coulda learned behind joe flacco a couple years. And be ready when Joes contract came to its next climax

oh ffs would you stop it with the chad kelly crap - he's a distant third on the broncos depth chart and there's a reason he was drafted as mr irrelevant - he likely wouldnt even have made the team this year despite flacco's injury

CharmCityChampions

Practice Squad
I'd like to point something out about flacco and his ''good'' season with Kubiak. Matt Schaub had 2-3 regular seasons under kubiak which were lightyears better than flacco's. Why didn't Flacco perform like prime schaub under Kubiak?

Didn't Schaub have Andre Johnson at that time, along with Owen Daniels (who at that time was still good)? Where was Flacco's Andre Johnson at the time? Where has Flacco's Andre Johnson ever been?

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
oh ffs would you stop it with the chad kelly crap - he's a distant third on the broncos depth chart and there's a reason he was drafted as mr irrelevant - he likely wouldnt even have made the team this year despite flacco's injury

Injuries and fights. If he was able to throw at his proday he would of been drafted rounds2-4. He has loads of arm talent. Teams and scouts were so looking forward to his proday for a reason. Of course he isNo. 3 on depth chart. He is behind a round1 pick and a qb with like 14 starts and getting better every game. Btw he is injured as well. Ravens need a young good qb in the event Joe doesn't play any better. And if his back injury becomes more significant

The Raven

Veteran
Lately, yeah, tier 3. Y'all know I used to be one of the biggest Flacco defenders but I just can't do it anymore. Last year he just showed terrible decision making and shit accuracy. We can say oline this and scheme that and whatever else but for Pete's sake I've had enough of Joe constantly throwing it behind receivers and throwing to the flat on 3rd and 10. He just isn't accurate and he doesn't make good decisions with the ball.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Lately, yeah, tier 3. Y'all know I used to be one of the biggest Flacco defenders but I just can't do it anymore. Last year he just showed terrible decision making and shit accuracy. We can say oline this and scheme that and whatever else but for Pete's sake I've had enough of Joe constantly throwing it behind receivers and throwing to the flat on 3rd and 10. He just isn't accurate and he doesn't make good decisions with the ball.
To be fair. Most of us were big time Flacco defenders when people like RBates and Virginia55(same person I know), with RavensEconBust and others not only hating him, but it seemed like they wanted him to fail. "But Lost, you hate Hurst too." Yes, but I want him to prove me wrong lol. Even after his SB win they still seemed to hate on him.

I wholeheartedly agree sadly. But I think he has the chance to turn it around this season.. Hopefully...

Wait, he's still not practicing?

Nah we're fucked.

That said, anyone who says that he's "never been a good QB", needs to shut the fuck up. He's won us a super bowl. Had one of the best postseasons ever. Was the biggest reason we won a super bowl. Best QB the franchise has ever had. Sorry guys. He's declined, but I'm happy he was here.

I do think we seriously needs to look at the future options. If our season sucks, then we need to draft Joe's replacement.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Yes, BB didn't give up and kept trying to win the game and ended up doing so. His adjustments were very good and he deserves a lot of credit.

But let's be real here. A team has to choke to blow a 25 point lead to begin with. The Falcons decided to play prevent and choke the fucking game away. They should have kept piling on offensively. As good as BB was during the game, it takes both sides to blow a 25 point lead. The Falcons deserve credit for being prepetual chokers, and the football gods will respond with Matt Ryan suffering at the hands of local drunkard Steve Sarkisian(sadly. I've grown fond of Ryan since he helped me win one of my fantasy leagues). They are eternally screwed!

All the Falcons and Shanahan had to do was call a run play on 3rd down and not a pass play and they would have one that game.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
All the Falcons and Shanahan had to do was call a run play on 3rd down and not a pass play and they would have one that game.
Or running the ball on 2nd and 11 with 3:56 left, when they were on the opposing 23, averaging 5.8 YPC with a kicker who was perfect from 40+ on the season. Literally could've taken a knee twice and kicked the FG. A ridiculous strategy, of course, but sadly, it would've somehow been more rational than attempting the pass and risking a sack, exactly what it resulted in.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

I agree lol. I feel like coaches feel the need to prove a point vs BB. They wanted to put the game outtareach on that last drive instead of just kicking the fg. Same goes for the Seahawks.

K-Dog

MVP
I do think we seriously needs to look at the future options. If our season sucks, then we need to draft Joe's replacement.

He could be on our current roster.
I really want to see Woodrum with the 1's so I can compare apples to apples.
I am just scared this guy is going to be dynamite and he is going to slip through our fingers.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Honestly this team sucks at drafting offense and hates going out and spending huge contracts on offensive pieces in free agency. It's sad to say Joe has had a declining Derrick Mason, to a Anquan Boldin, to a declining aging Steve Smith, to now Jeremy Maclin when you look at the rest of the AFC North and you see....

Steelers: Bell and Brown (top 5 at positions easily if not higher)
Bengals: AJ Green (top 3 wide receiver talent at least in my opinion)
Browns: Had Josh Gordon and had Terrell Pryor with one of the best lines in the NFL

Give Joe a decent amount of talent like they did in 2012 and he does pretty good and that team wasn't even close to as talented as the Steelers offensive roster now. He won't take your breath away with every throw like a Brady or Rodgers, but definitely a tier 2. It is sad when you can say the best receiver the Ravens have draft in their entire franchise history is probably Ray Rice who isn't even a wide receiver.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Flacco has this year and next year. he's got 2 seasons left. Basically it's the beggining of the end. He's not indespensible, talent wise, as a QB. People here need to take their heads out of their asses. Outside of 6 post season games in his career, he's been an average starting QB who won games because of a superior defence and solid running game.
IMHO To be fair the front office has not really surrounded him with offensive superstars. If Flacco had been given the weapons that let's say the Falcons have given Matt Ryan and played in a weak division and under a dome at home, then I would agree but he plays for the Ravens in the AFC North and he still got us a Lombardi in some of the most incredible games I have ever seen played where he won them with his arm. He has bailed the defense out in the regular season more than a few times. I will never forget that Cardinals game a few years back when Flacco and Boldin put the team on their back and won that game in the second half. Most players that are coming off a bad injury have a down season. When healthy, IMHO Joe is better than average with the weapons he has had on offense to work with. Remember he has been also been hampered by the likes of Cam Cameron and lately had numerous OC changes, so I have to also cut him a little slack there.

Last edited: