• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Nico Siragusa

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm tellin y'all, something clicked in James Hurst halfway through the 2016 season and he just started putting it together... I can't explain it but he just stopped being a total disaster, almost overnight. If he managed to put on more weight this year, I think he'll be serviceable.

Now, if we play Lewis at LG and Hurst at RT in the regular season, I'll be still be disappointed. Nice to see a rotation at center, but I'm confused about Siragusa's apparent lack of consideration thus far. Ah, well, still a long time til September.
So wait...are you telling me he'll go from Hurst to First?!?!?!

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'm tellin y'all, something clicked in James Hurst halfway through the 2016 season and he just started putting it together... I can't explain it but he just stopped being a total disaster, almost overnight. If he managed to put on more weight this year, I think he'll be serviceable.

Now, if we play Lewis at LG and Hurst at RT in the regular season, I'll be still be disappointed. Nice to see a rotation at center, but I'm confused about Siragusa's apparent lack of consideration thus far. Ah, well, still a long time til September.

I was reading over some of Filmstudy's stuff on RSR and noticed that he seemed to grade Hurst higher at T than Lewis. So I guess it makes at least a little sense to put Hurst at RT over Lewis for now. Hurst is in a contract year and has added some weight (I think Harbaugh said hes around 318 now from being listed at 312 last year).

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016...raphs-charts/2016-offensive-line-grades-game/

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Hurst is a disaster at LT but I don't remember him being bad at RT and I feel like I saw him play there before but I can't remember very well. Still, I think it's a risky move and I don't like it but I think you can sorta scheme an iffy RT and I remember Wagner looking terrible when he first started, although I doubt Hurst is a quarter the player Wagner is and was.

But Wagner's first start was against Von Miller Im pretty sure.

The Raven

Veteran
I was reading over some of Filmstudy's stuff on RSR and noticed that he seemed to grade Hurst higher at T than Lewis. So I guess it makes at least a little sense to put Hurst at RT over Lewis for now. Hurst is in a contract year and has added some weight (I think Harbaugh said hes around 318 now from being listed at 312 last year).

http://russellstreetreport.com/2016...raphs-charts/2016-offensive-line-grades-game/

The thing people miss against Hurst is that he's extremely athletic for a big man and moves well -- a benefit in pass pro at T. The issue has been his technique and lack of size. I don't buy that he was 312 last year, and if he was, it was a soft 312. The dude just doesn't move people.