• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Nico Siragusa

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh always has teachers pets, you know the type who barely belong in the CFL but they do things his way so he hypes them up.

Harbaugh hypes up his,weaker players and downplays his stronger ones. He is a motivator and that is his job. He doesn't want weak players losing hope or strong ones getting complacent.

Harbaugh hypes up his,weaker players and downplays his stronger ones. He is a motivator and that is his job. He doesn't want weak players losing hope or strong ones getting complacent.

He doesn't just motivate them, he plays them and swears they're good enough or better than guys in his doghouse. We're not blind

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
He doesn't just motivate them, he plays them and swears they're good enough or better than guys in his doghouse. We're not blind

Who are these mythical better people we arent playing? Maybe everyone sucks and he just sucks the least. Not everything has to be a case of playing favorites.

Who are these mythical better people we arent playing? Maybe everyone sucks and he just sucks the least. Not everything has to be a case of playing favorites.

Hurst is the latest in a long line of guys who cant cut it, hes a speed bump.

I've posted it a few times but I think Stanley-Siragusa-Jensen-Yanda-Lewis is our best shot.

I think thats our best shot and its not pretty, Goose and Jensen probably arent starting caliber and Lewis would be making a tough transition. Lewis is definitely our best shot at RT

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't get why we overpaid for b.williams and didn't offer a bit more to keep KO here
KO is a better O linesman that B.Williams is a D linesman

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I think thats our best shot and its not pretty, Goose and Jensen probably arent starting caliber and Lewis would be making a tough transition. Lewis is definitely our best shot at RT
I'd say Siragusa is starting caliber. I also think Lewis could surprise some people.

I hate that Flacco is basically going to get killed again though. Having a bad center potentially could kill the whole line. That's probably the most important position on the offensive line as he calls the protections among other things. It's why I kind of want us to explore Yanda at center. Centers and guards can last a bit longer and it'd be perfect from him. He's already called the protections in the past... It's a move that makes too much sense if you ask me. Put Siragusa at the right guard spot.. Lewis could stay at LG cause John Harbaugh is being a fucking idiot, and pick up someone like King Dunlap. I'd be somewhat confident in that line.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd say Siragusa is starting caliber. I also think Lewis could surprise some people.

I hate that Flacco is basically going to get killed again though. Having a bad center potentially could kill the whole line. That's probably the most important position on the offensive line as he calls the protections among other things. It's why I kind of want us to explore Yanda at center. Centers and guards can last a bit longer and it'd be perfect from him. He's already called the protections in the past... It's a move that makes too much sense if you ask me. Put Siragusa at the right guard spot.. Lewis could stay at LG cause John Harbaugh is being a fucking idiot, and pick up someone like King Dunlap. I'd be somewhat confident in that line.

King Dunlap? really..? He's been awful for the past 2 seasons and hes already 33. No thanks
This situation is the FO's fault. KO said that the ravens put little investment into the O line and don't appreciate it as much as the D line.
He was right.

James Hurst would have been out of the NFL by now if he were with any other team.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I don't get why we overpaid for b.williams and didn't offer a bit more to keep KO here
KO is a better O linesman that B.Williams is a D linesman
Context is key. You're comparing apples to oranges. We still offered enough money to make KO the highest paid guard in NFL history. Then the Oakland Raiders decided to give him LT money(which isn't surprising. Penn is old and KO will probably replace him down the line somewhere), and had to spend a certain amount of money per league rules anyway, and they had more cap space than anyone PLUS a promising team that is up and coming. Yeah. I'd pick the Raiders too. We weren't going to win a bidding war with them anyway, so why bother trying?

jboy19

Pro Bowler
A peculiar note from OTAs: According to Ryan Mink- Jensen, Urschel and Skura have been rotating at first team C while Hurst has received every first team rep at RT.

Hopefully he's showing something he's never showed before.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
smh watch hurst be excellent this year. sike.

i tell you what though, being dead serious... stanley-siragusa-jensen-yanda-lewis does not sound too bad. of all those names, siragusa is the biggest concern, i personally think jensen will be a fine center even if hes inconsistent here and there, lewis then becomes the second biggest question, but i dont think any of those question marks are too major, lewis and siragusa both should be serviceable at the very worst.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hurst is a disaster at LT but I don't remember him being bad at RT and I feel like I saw him play there before but I can't remember very well. Still, I think it's a risky move and I don't like it but I think you can sorta scheme an iffy RT and I remember Wagner looking terrible when he first started, although I doubt Hurst is a quarter the player Wagner is and was.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Hurst is a disaster at LT but I don't remember him being bad at RT and I feel like I saw him play there before but I can't remember very well. Still, I think it's a risky move and I don't like it but I think you can sorta scheme an iffy RT and I remember Wagner looking terrible when he first started, although I doubt Hurst is a quarter the player Wagner is and was.
When Michael oher went down opening game of 2013 and I saw Wagner play... I just KNEW he wasn't gonna make it to year 2. He was atrocious, maybe played a worse game than anything I've seen from hurst lol

The Raven

Veteran
I'm tellin y'all, something clicked in James Hurst halfway through the 2016 season and he just started putting it together... I can't explain it but he just stopped being a total disaster, almost overnight. If he managed to put on more weight this year, I think he'll be serviceable.

Now, if we play Lewis at LG and Hurst at RT in the regular season, I'll be still be disappointed. Nice to see a rotation at center, but I'm confused about Siragusa's apparent lack of consideration thus far. Ah, well, still a long time til September.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
There really are no interesting option at RT. I dont understand why we took elumenor over roderick johnson for instance?