• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Predictions and Bold Predictions

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlon ends up starting next to Jimmy and we play more man to man coverage and press.

Allowing us to be more aggressive attacking the QB

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
The bengals line is gonna take some time to get *NSYNC. But the interior will continue to miss zeitlers power and experience. But could be adequate once it gains experience and adjusts. Their current offensive issues are probably more than OLine related. It's outa sync.

time
Truth be told, I see it as more of a talent gap. Russell Bodine has been somewhat of a turnstile throughout his first four years and is once again to a poor start. Clint Boling has been a solid starter for a while, though he seems to be visibly hampered by the downgrades. T.J. Johnson and Trey Hopkins have started at the opposite guard spot, both struggling. Cedric Ogbuehi and Jake Fisher have had turbulent starts to their starting stints, which isn't overly surprising in my eyes as I thought each had their own issues technique wise when they were coming out. It could be labeled as a hindsight assessment, but I did state that I thought their offensive line would be their undoing. It was perhaps the most questionable unit on paper going into the regular season. Can they gel and improve? Of course. No question about it. But until the unit improves, it will likely continue torpedoing the effectiveness of the offense.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I agree with this. The Ravens are fine with Bowser, Suggs, Judon, and Z. Smith. If Timmy was active he likely wouldn't touch the field.
Bullshit. There is zero reason for Z smith to see a single pass rush snap over Tim Williams. He is simply not as good of an edge rusher and it isn't up for debate. Now if you wanna argue ZDS as a ST ace over Tim that's fine, but if Tim is on the active roster he's seeing the field as a rusher. He's too damn good at getting to the qb to be a scratch or to be benched in favor of a journeyman who can't even turn his shoulders to pass rush. In the 4th when we need good fresh legged rushers, ZDS will generate jack shit in the pass rush while Tim Williams will bring the heat, and that's why we aren't fine with your list of players
Just wanted to say I told you so for week 1. Not like the Ravens to start young rookies no matter where they are drafted.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Just wanted to say I told you so for week 1. Not like the Ravens to start young rookies no matter where they are drafted.
I'll take this L, was very surprised with Z, he made a huge leap from year 1 and 2 where he was utter garbage.

And Tim wouldn't have been starting, that wasn't the argument. Tim Williams as a DPR is dangerous regardless of his experience level, he can get after the qb period

Sooky

Pro Bowler
So anybody else notice that rough part of the schedule after Jacksonville? I think 8 of those 9 teams, sorry Bears, could potentially be playoff teams. That is a rough stretch for any team. What record do you think the Ravens have after those games?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Bold prediction: our offense lights it up against Jacksonville. Totally unfounded, absolutely no reason for me to say such an asinine thing, and logic says the exact opposite happens, but its bold right?

Real one though, snap count willing, tyus bowser begins to cement himself as a bigtime DROY candidate in the next few weeks, possibly this week with facing a mistake prone statue at qb with weak pass protection.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bold prediction: Ravens defense gets 2 pick 6's off Bortles. Ill go out on a limb and say Bowser and Jimmy get them.

Prediction: Judon gets 2 sacks and Flacco throws no picks. Ends the streak at 8 straight games with an INT

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
@ Bengals W (check)
vs Browns W (check)
@ Jaguars W
vs Steelers W

So far, I'm 2-0 on "my" predictions. Hopefully, the Ravens continue this trend and beat down the Jaguars to advance to 3-0.

GO RAVENS!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bold prediction: our offense lights it up against Jacksonville. Totally unfounded, absolutely no reason for me to say such an asinine thing, and logic says the exact opposite happens, but its bold right?

Real one though, snap count willing, tyus bowser begins to cement himself as a bigtime DROY candidate in the next few weeks, possibly this week with facing a mistake prone statue at qb with weak pass protection.
knock on wood

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So, Harbs has sent you to IR, too?

i never thought of that - i've had a suspiciously dangerous summer - i nearly broke my leg and ended up with a shin that looked like a second knee cap, got run over by a truck and saw the insides of my ankle, and was 10 minutes away from being on the train carriage where the bomb went off last friday

ive had a suspicious number of near misses - maybe it is all harbs's fault

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i never thought of that - i've had a suspiciously dangerous summer - i nearly broke my leg and ended up with a shin that looked like a second knee cap, got run over by a truck and saw the insides of my ankle, and was 10 minutes away from being on the train carriage where the bomb went off last friday

ive had a suspicious number of near misses - maybe it is all harbs's fault
Was all that during summer leisure activities or you're working in some really dangerous field? Like green berets or something...