• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General TE Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Watson, Boyle And Waller.

I think Ben plays with something to prove. While he is a "seasoned vet", he's also had a long rest on those old bones. If his Achilles is healed well he could be a monster for us this year.

Williams and Gilmore are proving to be potential busts. Everyone cracks on 7th round pick Camp for being often injured, but these two are just as bad. Hopefully they both shake the bug and get on the damn field.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
You didn't know?
John has it out for for us fans. He wants to decieve and mislead us.
For what reason I am not really sure, but it is a well established fact John Harbaugh hates the fans.
now that you mention it, that rings a bell.

something about doghouses to keep the best players off the field and what not?

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
now was harbaugh actually dishonest about perrimans knee? i thought it was a misdiagnosis?
I really feel like he didn't have information and said things too quickly just to give an answer and then kept up with it routinely in the face of the media instead of saying he didn't know.

usmccharles

Practice Squad
Just watching them play, i feel like Gillmore has much more play making ability. We just need to see more of both, hard to do when they both cant stay healthy. Two TE sets with them two would be nice

so it looks like maxx might not even be ready for the start of training camp which is disappointing - perriman has always taken most of our ire as a fanbase for being unfortunate with injuries but maxx williams has sneakily been even less available during the season - that 2015 draft class isnt half having problems with availability at times:

perriman missed his entire rookie season and first 2 years of training camp
williams missed his entire sophomore year and didnt come on until after flacco was injured in his rookie season as well as missing this year's entire off season program so far
davis missed his entire sophomore year with an injury as well as seeming exhausted towards the end of his rookie year (kind of understandable)
zadarius smith has been around but has been a healthy scratch (i guess that's more lack of development than lack of availability)
buck allen has an almost identical story to zadarius
tray walker died in tragic circumstances
nick boyle has been suspended twice for a total of 16 games in his first 2 years
robert myers didnt make the initial 53
darren waller missed 4 games due to a suspension

the only two players on that list who were available the whole time were zadarius and buck - both of whom might find themselves superfluous come cut time - what's crazy is we still conceivably might get significant contributions from this draft class this year if they are all available... perriman is likely to start, with pitta's injury maxx would surely get snaps if he can show anything, likewise boyle who might get some of juice's work too, and darren waller - especially if he continues to improve in the redzone like he did towards the end of last year, davis also has a chance to win some of timmy jernigan's snaps

This is why weve put such a strong emphasis on durable players these past two drafts. From memory I think only two or three had durability issues in college, Judon, Dixon and someone else...I cant remember.

Looking back on recent league history it seems like TE is such a difficult position to develop that you should look for a starter though free agency and not the draft. On the other side of the spectrum you can find middle linebackers and run stuffers anywhere.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly....if 2 of maxx, boyle, or gillmore faulter...we might need to look at the TEs in the draft. Problem is TEs are hard to judge comming out of college