• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Keep an eye on Rashaad Penny from San Diego st. Hes taking over the starting role after Pumphrey left. Hes a lot bigger (listed 5'11 220) and much more explosive (6 career kickoff return touchdowns).

He put up monster numbers last week as he had 353 all purpose yards and 3 touchdowns (rushing, recieving, return) vs Arizona state.

With #19 Stanford allowing 2 100 yard rushers vs usc. I expect a big game from Penny, which launches him into the national spotlight

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I feel I need to admit I was wrong about Bo in the other thread. He looks like a different back after slimming down for this season. Hasn't lost any power but seems way more agile than over last two years.
Revising my projection on him to mid day 2.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I feel I need to admit I was wrong about Bo in the other thread. He looks like a different back after slimming down for this season. Hasn't lost any power but seems way more agile than over last two years.
Revising my projection on him to mid day 2.
Chubb is still better imo

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If we're picking anywhere near the top 10 you have to try for Scarborough
I think you're confusing him for Barkley. But fuck it, it's Ozzie. He's gonna take the Bama player no matter what.

I don't hate Scarborough, but I think he's a tad overrated. I'd put him behind Barkley, Freeman, Jones III, Chubb, Wadley, etc.

It's a deep running back class.

arnie_uk

Veteran
I think you're confusing him for Barkley. But fuck it, it's Ozzie. He's gonna take the Bama player no matter what.

I don't hate Scarborough, but I think he's a tad overrated. I'd put him behind Barkley, Freeman, Jones III, Chubb, Wadley, etc.

It's a deep running back class.
My bad. Read the thread and people were talking about Scarborough, confused myself.

Yes barkley from what ive seen is better than zeke gurley and fournette

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
My bad. Read the thread and people were talking about Scarborough, confused myself.

Yes barkley from what ive seen is better than zeke gurley and fournette
I'm a big Barkley fan, but I wouldn't put him above, or behind those three. He's on their tier though. Reminds me a ton of the 2009 version of Ray Rice running style wise. Which is a damn good thing. Different body type though.

I'd currently rank the RBs(I've scouted these ones. If your favorite name isn't on the list.... .sorry.

1. Barkley
2. Ronald Jones III
3. Wadley
4. Chubb
5. Scarbough

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Damien Harris is superior RB to Bo so far this year. He's jumped couple levels from last year in all facets of his game. Still very underrated but looks like a 3 down guy to me. He's probably one of the best backs in college football without the ball - gets open and catches everything thrown at him and plays great pass protection.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Damien Harris is superior RB to Bo so far this year. He's jumped couple levels from last year in all facets of his game. Still very underrated but looks like a 3 down guy to me. He's probably one of the best backs in college football without the ball - gets open and catches everything thrown at him and plays great pass protection.
harris really did look good against vandy but man bo is dynamic between the tackles even after he lost some weight

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
harris really did look good against vandy but man bo is dynamic between the tackles even after he lost some weight
Yep, they are both different players than what we've seen in prior seasons. Looked very good vs tough FSU defense, too. Leaner and faster, quick through gaps. Change of OC (much better passing game plan) plays big part in their improvement plus D lines always must keep an eye on Hurts, too.

The Greek

Veteran
all we need is a back in the mold of jamal lewis/fournette that carries and wears down defenders to go along with a change of pace back like allen and collins would make for a strong rb group with a healthy and upgraded o-line. the bpa method of ozzie is useless on a team that has missed the playoffs for several seasons. he needs to draft for need and we have needed offensive weapons for years now. makes no sense to pay your qb so much money and not build the offense around him. if they wanted a game manager they could have found one for a lot cheaper. if perriman does not show me something in the next 2 games i hope he gets thrown on ir and released after the season. another early round bust thus far

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm a big Barkley fan, but I wouldn't put him above, or behind those three. He's on their tier though. Reminds me a ton of the 2009 version of Ray Rice running style wise. Which is a damn good thing. Different body type though.

I'd currently rank the RBs(I've scouted these ones. If your favorite name isn't on the list.... .sorry.

1. Barkley
2. Ronald Jones III
3. Wadley
4. Chubb
5. Scarbough
To me, guice is a mirror image of ray rice in 09-12 form. The same low center of gravity, leg churning, slippery constant spinning style, using his hands to gain and extra step when he gets too low. It's weird how similar they look. Barkley reminds me of a more powerful lesean McCoy.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Personal rankings:

1) Guice
2) Barkley
3) Jones II
4) Freeman
5) Chubb
6) Wadley
7) Scarbrough
8) John Kelly
9) Damien Harris
10) Sony Michel

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'm warming up on Bo but his injury history is something I can't get over given the state of our team.