• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I would love to know why you guys love Chubb so much. What does he bring to the table that West or Collins cant. They're all basically the same player. You can throw Royce Freeman in this group as well. They all have one thing in common. Size and running style. they're all about 5'11 210+, call it 215. Which is pretty solid for a running back and its great measurable's but they all have this scat back mentality. They use finesse to get by people and hardly ever break tackles (Chubb used to before his injury) none of them have homerun speed to break away from the second level and thats something we're seriously lacking.

I'd much prefer Myles Gaskin who's a bit smaller than all of them yet he breaks the most tackles and finishes his runs with the most violence. Hes got plenty of speed to take it the distance and from the 2016 tape ive seen he does a solid job in pass protection.

Im just saying. Id much rather have Gaskin, Bryce Love, or Akrum Wadley than either Chubb or Freeman. Maybe if Chubb returns to his freshman form but i doubt that. Chubb has not been the same explosive player he used to be. Now hes a good patient runner who uses his cuts well and finishes them hard. THATS IT. He wont threaten you outside or in the second level because he cant break tackles and he has no 5th gear.
I stopped at «can't break tackles». Also he's a lot more than 210.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Ok maybe im a bit harsh. Im watching the 2017 tape he has so far and he does look a lot better than 2016. Its just so upsetting seeing the potential he had as a freshman. He was on Barkleys level AS A FRESHMAN. Id still like to have him but wed need to get rid of west for him....fast. Hes a guy I really want to like too but his 2016 tape was really infuriating seeing that lack of burst. He seems to have a lot back. I want to see how he keeps up throughout the season. See if he gets stronger as the season wears on and ends up wearing out oponents with his physicality. I hate to say it but I want to see beast mode like runs from him. Runs only the greatest of backs make, cause if we draft a rb this year. I want him to be special
Sorry I didn't see that post. I think Chubb has those beast modes moment. He had a long run against South Carolina I think, where he completely humiliated tacklers. His TD run against Samford iirc, he met a tackler head on and straight up blasted him.
The reason LiT and I love him so much is because he is a great fit with Romans. He is already used to the Power scheme and has the vision, patience and no-waisted-motion style to be perfect in Roman's schemes. He's very reminiscent to West in some aspects but he is more powerful and sudden than West.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not sure how good Nelson is. Guards usually don't go in the first round though unless he's really exceptional. The last one I could think of was zack Martin. I think we can grab a quality guard in the 2nd / 3rd rounds. Pat elflien went 3 picks before our 3rd round selection, and man what he could have done for our offense. Just look at the Vikings now.
If Barkley gets even close to our 1st round pick, I hope Steve biscotti force Ozzie to make some move to secure him for us (just like the whole flacco draft day).
I just hope Ozzie gets aggressive this draft. Make some splash and give me hope please haha.
Well considering Zack Martin was a tackle in college it's hard to compare them as prospects, but strictly from a guard standpoint I've never seen a better one in college. Granted I just started watching film 3 years ago, but yeah Nelson is a stellar guard prospect and if you are picking top 10 and you have a big hole at guard, he's worth it, he's amazing

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Are we talking about 2018 prospects or 2017 draftees?
I assumed it was 2018 prospects.

I saved the "Pound the Table Thread" from the old board, if anyone is interested in looking at it again after the season ends.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
This has been and will continue to be a long season.