• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

RB Thread

FloeJacco

Practice Squad
There are so many good draft eligible RB's in CFB. Obviously some will return or get injured, but if we somehow don't come away with one or two good ones in this draft then I'm done with this team. I've only thoroughly studied a couple, but right now Barkley and Guice are the only two I'd take in the 1st, and I'd be thrilled with either. Penny, Harris and Justin Crawford are guys I'm higher on than others seem to be. Not as high on Ronald Jones, Love and Scarbrough. And then you still have really talented backs like Walton, Wadley, Ballage, Gaskin, Freeman, Kelly, LJ Scott and Michel. With all these good prospects I don't see why you would take an early risk on Chubb. The team can't be looking too kindly on players with extensive injury histories.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Can we just give up the farm for saquon barkley? Falcons did it for Julio. Bills did it for Watkins. Why not ravens for a RB? A strong run game and great defense. Let this guy dream..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Can we just give up the farm for saquon barkley? Falcons did it for Julio. Bills did it for Watkins. Why not ravens for a RB? A strong run game and great defense. Let this guy dream..
Look what that did for the Bills. Not always the best thing todo and in a rb class like this one, you don’t need to give up the farm.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
Tell me why you think this. I haven’t seen any tape of either, so I’m interested in a differing opinion.
Michel's game translates better to the pro game. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and as stated before, being the #2 to Chubb has reduced the mileage on his legs. I also think that Chubb's ability to bowl over people won't be as effective against pro defenders who can tackle much better.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Michel's game translates better to the pro game. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and as stated before, being the #2 to Chubb has reduced the mileage on his legs. I also think that Chubb's ability to bowl over people won't be as effective against pro defenders who can tackle much better.
People said the same about Kenyan drake and tj Yeldon as opposed to Derrick Henry

Charm City

Pro Bowler
People said the same about Kenyan drake and tj Yeldon as opposed to Derrick Henry
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Derrick Henry has a much better line to run behind and keeping him in a platoon with Murray allows him to be a change of pace "thumper" rather than your typical "do it all 3-down bellcow"

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Derrick Henry has a much better line to run behind and keeping him in a platoon with Murray allows him to be a change of pace "thumper" rather than your typical "do it all 3-down bellcow"

i think its more about over complicating things - derrick henry is a better football player and that has borne itself out in the pros without worrying about whether being a pass catcher is better than not being a pass catcher

he's also not a change of pace thumper he's a better runner than demarco murray right now and has excelled for the mostpart since murray's injury and looked better than murray before murray's injury too

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think its more about over complicating things - derrick henry is a better football player and that has borne itself out in the pros without worrying about whether being a pass catcher is better than not being a pass catcher

he's also not a change of pace thumper he's a better runner than demarco murray right now and has excelled for the mostpart since murray's injury and looked better than murray before murray's injury too
I over complicated shit with Henry, I thought his lateral speed and one step burst weren't good enough to be a bellcow 25 carry kinda guy, but sometimes just running strong as fuck is all you need

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I over complicated shit with Henry, I thought his lateral speed and one step burst weren't good enough to be a bellcow 25 carry kinda guy, but sometimes just running strong as fuck is all you need

with henry it always felt like people were looking for reasons for him not to be a viable prospect because he looked wrong in some ways when perhaps the viewpoint should have been the other way around like it is with most players - what can they do to help my team rather than what cant they do...

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well you also need eyes. Trent Richardson couldnt figure that out

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Well you also need eyes. Trent Richardson couldnt figure that out
Derrick Henry never appeared to have even the slightest issue with vision and anticipation. I wasn't watching when Trent Richardson was at Alabama but from what I hear he always had an issue with following holes

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Look what that did for the Bills. Not always the best thing todo and in a rb class like this one, you don’t need to give up the farm.
I would honestly. Barkley would turn this offense around for the better. I don’t think any WR can do that while Flacco is at the helm. Barkley is a better prospect than Zeke and Fournette, and we need that workhorse/safety blanket that can do much more than just run the ball.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Do you guys honestly think we’ll have to have a top five pick to grab Barkley, or could we get him from 5-10?