• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
Ryan Mink had some good ideas
keenan allen
nelson agholor
dorial green beckham
jordan matthews
josh gordon
marqise lee
I wouldn't mind any of them

Last edited:

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the main reason he's not worth a 2nd round pick is because he's a 1 year rental - if the bills were gonna trade him i feel pretty confident that they'd have picked up his option because it increases his trade value
essentially you wouldnt just be spending a 2nd rounder on an injury risk, you'd be spending a 2nd rounder on an injury risk that you might only get for a year - either he might not sign an extension or he might not warrant one because of injuries etc.
boom/bust is not the type of risk you take on a 1 year rental when it's worth a 2nd rounder - look at sheldon richardson's trade value being reported as a 4th round pick maybe a 3rd round pick - there's no way watkins is worth more than that

For the record, there aren't any trade rumors anywhere about Sammy Watkins as of yet, he's simply an example someone brought up early as unlikely trade options they'd like.

As for the 1 yr rental thing, that's really worst case scenario he's injured plays half the season. So the team would see no incentive to Franchise tag him or sign him long term. But if he were brought in played the entire season went for over 1000yds 8tds. Then Ozzie ain't letting a 24yr go. Even if he had Pro bowl caliber season he wouldn't be inline for AB, Dez type money.

And whatever Sheldon Richardson report that is seems asinine if he can't fetch more than Jernigan did. He's not that much of a distraction.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
keenan allen
nelson agholor
dorial green beckham
jordan matthews
josh gordon
marqise lee

I love Keenan Allen but for the far lesser price I would rather trade for Dontrelle Inman
I have concerns with Agholor because I don't think he fits what we need and he's in his own head and was inactive last year as healthy scratches
Matthews struggles to catch and will want a big payday next year and DGB is underwhelming
I'd love a flier on Gordon personally
I wouldn't mind Lee but he's another one who's often hurt

And absolutely no to a 2nd rd pick for Watkins (not directed towards you HNL)

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
I love Keenan Allen but for the far lesser price I would rather trade for Dontrelle Inman
I have concerns with Agholor because I don't think he fits what we need and he's in his own head and was inactive last year as healthy scratches
Matthews struggles to catch and will want a big payday next year and DGB is underwhelming
I'd love a flier on Gordon personally
I wouldn't mind Lee but he's another one who's often hurt

And absolutely no to a 2nd rd pick for Watkins (not directed towards you HNL)
ryan mink said it and keenan allen caught my eye. its makes sense now that they have mike williams and tyrell williams. Allen can be tradable.

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
ryan mink said it and keenan allen caught my eye. its makes sense now that they have mike williams and tyrell williams. Allen can be tradable.

I would love to have Keenan Allen but we may have trouble fitting him under the cap as his hit is $8.65M in 2017, $9.65M in 2018, and $10M+ in 2019/2020. With that said, that is lower than the going rate of some of the lesser talented WR's that got paid this offseason.

The only concern is the amount of games missed. On one hand, it's easy to call him injury prone but on the other hand it's always a different injury so it's more likely he's just had bad luck. In college he hurt his left knee, last season he tore is right ACL, and the other two years he lacerated his kidney and broke his collarbone in the other. I will let people more experienced in evaluating this stuff than me determine if it's flukey or injury prone.

HNL Raven

Practice Squad
I would love to have Keenan Allen but we may have trouble fitting him under the cap as his hit is $8.65M in 2017, $9.65M in 2018, and $10M+ in 2019/2020. With that said, that is lower than the going rate of some of the lesser talented WR's that got paid this offseason.

The only concern is the amount of games missed. On one hand, it's easy to call him injury prone but on the other hand it's always a different injury so it's more likely he's just had bad luck. In college he hurt his left knee, last season he tore is right ACL, and the other two years he lacerated his kidney and broke his collarbone in the other. I will let people more experienced in evaluating this stuff than me determine if it's flukey or injury prone.
I would call that injury prone lol. how bad is lee;s history?

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
I would call that injury prone lol. how bad is lee;s history?

I see it both ways but the collarbone and the kidney are flukish injuries and he hasn't retorn either of the knees. Lee has ankle/knee/hamstring issues that come and go but I don't think he's had anything major.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I see it both ways but the collarbone and the kidney are flukish injuries and he hasn't retorn either of the knees. Lee has ankle/knee/hamstring issues that come and go but I don't think he's had anything major.

So what is the educated guess of what player we will try to bring in?

The Greek

Veteran
keenan allen
nelson agholor
dorial green beckham
jordan matthews
josh gordon
marqise lee
i would look into matthews and lee. i would be curious as to what it would cost to acquire gordon if he were reinstated

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I would love to take a flier on DGB. He hasn't produced much but if you are a big strong receiver who can make a contested catch, joe will give you opportunities to do so. I think he would get targeted more here and make more of those targets

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Id rather take a chance on josh gordon
I agree. Allen has missed way too many games for me to be comfortable with. That and he salary, plus the parting of a mid to high round draft pick make me more interested in taking a chance on Josh Gordon. He's talented when he's on the field and just maybe he has learned his lesson. That and it shouldn't cost too much, due to his past experiences.

Josh gordon is our best, safest and cheapest route

I wouldn't describe a guy who's been suspended for multiple years because violating the league's substance-abuse policy as "safest". There's a higher chance he'll get himself suspended again, than for me to sleep with Tiffany Thompson.

Tiz

Practice Squad
Most of us already knew that even if reinstated he's not reliable and it wouldn't take long to have him at a lifetime ban.
Which means they don't feel he's done enough to prove he's learned his lesson. I agree with the league here.