• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Volume WR, Who is it Gonna Be?

Tiz

Practice Squad
Most of us already knew that even if reinstated he's not reliable and it wouldn't take long to have him at a lifetime ban.
Which means they don't feel he's done enough to prove he's learned his lesson. I agree with the league here.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Apparently there's "mutual interest" between the Ravens and Victor Cruz. I'd rather have Boldin smh

Reactions: Tiz

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would love to have Keenan Allen but we may have trouble fitting him under the cap as his hit is $8.65M in 2017, $9.65M in 2018, and $10M+ in 2019/2020. With that said, that is lower than the going rate of some of the lesser talented WR's that got paid this offseason.

The only concern is the amount of games missed. On one hand, it's easy to call him injury prone but on the other hand it's always a different injury so it's more likely he's just had bad luck. In college he hurt his left knee, last season he tore is right ACL, and the other two years he lacerated his kidney and broke his collarbone in the other. I will let people more experienced in evaluating this stuff than me determine if it's flukey or injury prone.

Who wouldn't love to have Keenan Allen? He's easily one of the best WRs in the league, when healthy. I highly doubt that the Chargers would trade him though unless they got a ridiculous trade offer.

Inman would probably be the better option to trade for since we wouldn't have to give up as much and doesn't have the injury history. Not sure that any trade is likely though if we're expressing interest in Victor Cruz.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
People around talking about victor cruz? Better not be truth to that. We need a legit WR. Not a broken down shell of a WR.
[doublepost=1494538590,1494536949][/doublepost]Come guys what's the news. Why is everybody mentioning Cruz

ZonaRaven

Practice Squad
Who wouldn't love to have Keenan Allen? He's easily one of the best WRs in the league, when healthy. I highly doubt that the Chargers would trade him though unless they got a ridiculous trade offer.

Inman would probably be the better option to trade for since we wouldn't have to give up as much and doesn't have the injury history. Not sure that any trade is likely though if we're expressing interest in Victor Cruz.

I agree completely that for the price, I'd rather have Inman. I don't truly see Allen being moved by the Chargers but was responding to the list of potential candidates according to that article. I originally liked bringing in Cruz but have since soured on the idea.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
I would love to take a flier on DGB. He hasn't produced much but if you are a big strong receiver who can make a contested catch, joe will give you opportunities to do so. I think he would get targeted more here and make more of those targets
ravens wont touch dgb bc of his prior DV issues

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
People around talking about victor cruz? Better not be truth to that. We need a legit WR. Not a broken down shell of a WR.
[doublepost=1494538590,1494536949][/doublepost]Come guys what's the news. Why is everybody mentioning Cruz

People mentioning Cruz because Ravens and Cruz have "mutual interest " according to CBS Sports, Profootballrumors.com, Baltimore Beatdown, Baltimore Sun.

Cruz has had way too many injuries to various body parts. Groin, ankle, foot, hamstring I mean that's practically fall apart worse than my 98' Lincoln lol.

That's why they should just wait, until some roster cuts take place. I'm sure the Jets will eventually release Decker, the Eagles and Jags have a bunch of WRs only so many can make an active roster.

Similarly the Ravens will eventually release Arrington and Watson once they get clean physicals to prevent possible injury settlements.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
His DV could very well be total nonsense. His DV is about as DV as Ryan andersons.
[doublepost=1494594568,1494589420][/doublepost]His DV could very well be total nonsense. His DV is about as DV as Ryan andersons.
how is his DV total nonsense???
plus he got kicked out of 2 programs

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
how is his DV total nonsense???
plus he got kicked out of 2 programs
He was a knucklehead at one point, that's certainly true, but so was Tim Williams.

His dv was nonsense because according to the reports it was more of a drunk college chick sticking her nose between him and his girlfriend and she took a tumble. I've been in enough situations to know that there's more than a good chance that he did nothing. That was the only accusation of a DV he ever had and police reports state that the "victim" and DGBs girlfriend were both uncooperative and that they were drunk at the time of the incident.

Call it what you want but I don't trust the word of a drunk college girl in an incident like this. I've seen younger girls who can't handle their booze get aggressive with grown men and trip and fall over their own feet and claim they were assaulted, I've seen this kinda thing countless times.

Not that the ravens would make a move for him though, the simple fact that he was involved may be too close for comfort, im just saying that he's one of these borderline dv cases where I think the player is innocent.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
People mentioning Cruz because Ravens and Cruz have "mutual interest " according to CBS Sports, Profootballrumors.com, Baltimore Beatdown, Baltimore Sun.

Cruz has had way too many injuries to various body parts. Groin, ankle, foot, hamstring I mean that's practically fall apart worse than my 98' Lincoln lol.

That's why they should just wait, until some roster cuts take place. I'm sure the Jets will eventually release Decker, the Eagles and Jags have a bunch of WRs only so many can make an active roster.

Similarly the Ravens will eventually release Arrington and Watson once they get clean physicals to prevent possible injury settlements.

I'm really not interested in Decker at this juncture. Maybe as the #2 option. He is 30 now with injury history mounting up. He was very underrated several yrs ago. As big and fast as any WR in football. Sudden in routes and shifty after the catch. He could get separation in Redzone as well as highpoint. But we would probably be getting a shell of that player now.

And I'm tired of broken down WRs ahead of the curve of their prime and mid round picks. It's like repeating repair of a broken down car. And the repairs in addition to leaving you (the offense) stranded multiple times the cost begins adding up to the cost of a new sports car. If we want to go mid round route then double and triple up on WRs we like. Somebody will turn out a stud. I mean isn't that what we do on defense? Like last year we shoulda picked Moore and Malcolm Mitchell. Mitchell looks to be a mid round steal. Pony up and trade for a young WR on his first contract with some real potential. Before its mid season and you realize the offense blows once again.

wrongbaldy

Practice Squad
He was a knucklehead at one point, that's certainly true, but so was Tim Williams.

His dv was nonsense because according to the reports it was more of a drunk college chick sticking her nose between him and his girlfriend and she took a tumble. I've been in enough situations to know that there's more than a good chance that he did nothing. That was the only accusation of a DV he ever had and police reports state that the "victim" and DGBs girlfriend were both uncooperative and that they were drunk at the time of the incident.

Call it what you want but I don't trust the word of a drunk college girl in an incident like this. I've seen younger girls who can't handle their booze get aggressive with grown men and trip and fall over their own feet and claim they were assaulted, I've seen this kinda thing countless times.

Not that the ravens would make a move for him though, the simple fact that he was involved may be too close for comfort, im just saying that he's one of these borderline dv cases where I think the player is innocent.

no one knows the real story but i dont see ravens taking a chance on a guy with possible dv issues in the past.
they have stayed away from these guys lately.
i do like the guy as a player

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I like idea of trading for Marqise Lee before he finishes his breakout. He is a complete WR that can win at any level. He was electric last year even with bad QB and Oline play. And a terrible scheme and coaching. In our offense he and Joe could be close to unstoppable. Always liked Marqise Lee. Wouldn't surprise me if he outplayed Beckham as a raven. Getting him now would be like getting in early on a hot stock.

If not Marqise there are numerous WRs on their first contract needing a real team, system and or a real QB. Paul Richardson, Watkins, Matthews, Tyler Lockett, Agholor, Caroo, Keenan Allen and Hurns although Hurns is already extended. A good receiver but not a lot of upside for his money. If we threw a round2 or 3 pick at a team. Many WRs would become available and open for trade.

Last edited:

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
In honesty I'd rather see what the young guys do even if we fail then as someone mentioned add million dollar stop gaps year after year. I'd be happy with a 4th round pick in exchange for Jordan Matthews, but i don't want a Jackson/Boldin/Cruz. If we spend our remaining cap I hope it's on a lineman however.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
In honesty I'd rather see what the young guys do even if we fail then as someone mentioned add million dollar stop gaps year after year. I'd be happy with a 4th round pick in exchange for Jordan Matthews, but i don't want a Jackson/Boldin/Cruz. If we spend our remaining cap I hope it's on a lineman however.

Don't think we're getting Matthews for a #4. Maybe round 3. Time to pony up and see what a round2 -3 pick can reel in. I would prefer a young WR on his first contract like a Jordan Matthews. Although young even if the player hasn't broken out yet we have some game tape at NFL level to scout him on. And he is already pretty much coached up and knows NFL playbook. And decide if we can get him to break out. And target him in a trade.

Seahawks have a squadron of young talented WRs. Paul Richardson and Tyler Lockett could be phenoms in ravens uniform. We could of got Marqise Lee at a bargain. Now he will cost a little something. As good as he played down the stretch we haven't seen his best act by far. I agree no old players like Boldin and Cruz. Only vet I like is Jeremy Maclin. Big contract by kc is paying him some of it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Do yall think we should look at cj2k?
[doublepost=1494821245,1494821181][/doublepost]
I 100% agree with you

jdynamite

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm really not interested in Decker at this juncture. Maybe as the #2 option. He is 30 now with injury history mounting up. He was very underrated several yrs ago. As big and fast as any WR in football. Sudden in routes and shifty after the catch. He could get separation in Redzone as well as highpoint. But we would probably be getting a shell of that player now.

And I'm tired of broken down WRs ahead of the curve of their prime and mid round picks. It's like repeating repair of a broken down car. And the repairs in addition to leaving you (the offense) stranded multiple times the cost begins adding up to the cost of a new sports car. If we want to go mid round route then double and triple up on WRs we like. Somebody will turn out a stud. I mean isn't that what we do on defense? Like last year we shoulda picked Moore and Malcolm Mitchell. Mitchell looks to be a mid round steal. Pony up and trade for a young WR on his first contract with some real potential. Before its mid season and you realize the offense blows once again.

I only mentioned Decker, because he will be a likely salary cap cut & available for cheap, since people seem to want a veteran WR option so badly it gives them another option than drooling over a Boldin and Cruz lol.

Yeah it would be nice if they stacked a couple of young WRs through the draft to develop. Which is why I've said I don't want Boldin or Cruz since they would more than likely take targets from Moore and Perriman.

I feel like the Ravens will never discover their late round WR prospect, because they never make it to field to receive targets. It's like when the Steelers drafted A.Brown in the 6th RD 2010, they already had Ward, Wallace & Randle El on the roster and the same year they drafted E.Sanders in the 3rd RD 2010. Neither did anything as rookies by year 2 Brown is starting.

Heck even when you look at guys like S.Diggs falling to 5th RD, Vikings gave the guy an opportunity and he shined ( now I'm not sure what they did with Treadwell last year since he never played at all ).

For a brief second it looked like maybe the team had discovered Marlon Brown but between injuries and inconsistencies that ended quickly.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I only mentioned Decker, because he will be a likely salary cap cut & available for cheap, since people seem to want a veteran WR option so badly it gives them another option than drooling over a Boldin and Cruz lol.

Yeah it would be nice if they stacked a couple of young WRs through the draft to develop. Which is why I've said I don't want Boldin or Cruz since they would more than likely take targets from Moore and Perriman.

I feel like the Ravens will never discover their late round WR prospect, because they never make it to field to receive targets. It's like when the Steelers drafted A.Brown in the 6th RD 2010, they already had Ward, Wallace & Randle El on the roster and the same year they drafted E.Sanders in the 3rd RD 2010. Neither did anything as rookies by year 2 Brown is starting.

Heck even when you look at guys like S.Diggs falling to 5th RD, Vikings gave the guy an opportunity and he shined ( now I'm not sure what they did with Treadwell last year since he never played at all ).

For a brief second it looked like maybe the team had discovered Marlon Brown but between injuries and inconsistencies that ended quickly.

Decker is a very good idea actually. Only worry is if the injuries have taken some of his underrated and immense skills. In many ways he was better than his Denver counterpart. Most underrated WR in football. He works hard and if he could prove injury free and do a workout to see how much athleticism he lost I would like to have him. He played well with terrible jets QB and schemes. I couldn't believe he signed for $7mil per. We shoulda signed him. He may have avoided injury with ravens. If cut we should definitely check out.

Ravens don't take enough cracks at mid and late round WRs. We shoulda drafted 2 WRs In the 2016 draft. Malcolm Mitchell looks to be a steal. We're not going to find our Mitchell Ward and Brown drafting one late round receiver every second year. So we could trade for a young wr coaches feel can really break out.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I doubt we bring in any older one year rentals without the prospect of signing them if things work out. It will most likely be a younger player released in July or perhaps a trade around that time for the same.