• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Cleveland

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I feel confident with our defense dominating this game. Just want to see our offense look more balanced. Still run the ball but lets run some play action and get Watson amd Williams the ball. Take a few deep shots to Perriman and wallace. Im expecting Campanaro to be more involved with woodhead out

I think all of us would love to see the offense more balanced. I don't want to see our offense balanced for the sake of being balanced. I remember when Caldwell was our OC in 2013 (*cringes*) that we were balanced, but COMPLETELY predictable AF. As long as our offense takes what the defense gives them, they should be fine.

Awww damn! Here we go with this "break out" talk. I can't stand that term @TheCity5 :brickwall: :D

Oh stop, will you. You KNOW you love that term! :D

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think all of us would love to see the offense more balanced. I don't want to see our offense balanced for the sake of being balanced. I remember when Caldwell was our OC in 2013 (*cringes*) that we were balanced, but COMPLETELY predictable AF. As long as our offense takes what the defense gives them, they should be fine.

Oh stop, will you. You KNOW you love that term! :D

I think we have a better oline than the 2013 year. Also better recievers for flacco. We had Marlon Brown as our most dangerous reciever that year lol

K-Dog

MVP
Actually, you're wrong. The last time a rookie QB carved us up was 2012 when we ruined RG3's career and Kirk Cousins came in to beat us in overtime. We haven't lost to a rookie QB since then. Last year, we played Wentz, but we held him in check for most of the game passing wise(sure, he did have that rushing TD against us when our defense decided to shit the bed towards the end of the season), but we still ended up winning that game. But I guess anything to fit the "fire Pees" narrative(even though he's clearly not the problem).

Kizer isn't as good of a rookie QB as Wentz looked either to be honest. He has a good oline in front of him, but he holds the ball longer than AC Green held on to his virginity. He also has good weapons as well, but all in all we should be able to contain him. It ain't gonna be an easy, but we should win this game. The Browns have beaten Flacco, what once in his time here? With no Garrett, the defense isn't nearly as scary as the Bengals was.

I see a W, but could see how it's a hard W. But with a rookie QB, whom we normally give a hard time? I could also see a win like yesterday's.

Wasn't Derek Carr a rookie when they cleaned our clock ?

Awww damn! Here we go with this "break out" talk. I can't stand that term @TheCity5 :brickwall: :D
I understand that but how many of us was expecting that type of game from Za'darius? He looked like a star out there and was killing against the run and pass. He looked more explosive, more refined and faster. He really looked like a guy who put in serious work in the offseason. I understand the word is used and abused but in this case I find it perfectly fine.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I understand that but how many of us was expecting that type of game from Za'darius? He looked like a star out there and was killing against the run and pass. He looked more explosive, more refined and faster. He really looked like a guy who put in serious work in the offseason. I understand the word is used and abused but in this case I find it perfectly fine.

Don't mind him. Any time he hears the words "break out" he immediately thinks about the offense having a breakout game exploding for 30+ points. It really started on the previous website by a poster named OURavensFan (or something like that) and then Mili would get triggered when he (and then I) would say every week that our offense is primed to break out. So here I am saying that our offense WILL break out against the Browns, ain't that right @Militant X 1 ?

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't mind him. Any time he hears the words "break out" he immediately thinks about the offense having a breakout game exploding for 30+ points. It really started on the previous website by a poster named OURavensFan (or something like that) and then Mili would get triggered when he (and then I) would say every week that our offense is primed to break out. So here I am saying that our offense WILL break out against the Browns, ain't that right @Militant X 1 ?

C'mon now! Not you too? I thought we was boys @Dom McRaven? I got triggered when "others" kept using the term "break out" game for this or that player or for the offense etc. AND IT NEVER HAPPENED! Just let them play ball and leave it at that. :D

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Wasn't Derek Carr a rookie when they cleaned our clock ?
Sophomore. Carr was drafted in 2014. We lost to them in 2015 and 2016. Whenever everyone(myself included) thought it would be a W. Amari Cooper was the rookie and I still laugh at the fans who said, "Pees should be fired, Carr will never amount to anything and he carved us up".

Last edited:

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
C'mon now! Not you too? I thought we was boys @Dom McRaven? I got triggered when "others" kept using the term "break out" game for this or that player or for the offense etc. AND IT NEVER HAPPENED! Just let them play ball and leave it at that. :D

You KNOW I'm messin' with you! It's all in good fun. I don't think there's a true fan who isn't frustrated with the inconsistencies of our offense throughout the years.

RavensDFan

Veteran
Actually, you're wrong. The last time a rookie QB carved us up was 2012 when we ruined RG3's career and Kirk Cousins came in to beat us in overtime. We haven't lost to a rookie QB since then. Last year, we played Wentz, but we held him in check for most of the game passing wise(sure, he did have that rushing TD against us when our defense decided to shit the bed towards the end of the season), but we still ended up winning that game. But I guess anything to fit the "fire Pees" narrative(even though he's clearly not the problem).

Kizer isn't as good of a rookie QB as Wentz looked either to be honest. He has a good oline in front of him, but he holds the ball longer than AC Green held on to his virginity. He also has good weapons as well, but all in all we should be able to contain him. It ain't gonna be an easy, but we should win this game. The Browns have beaten Flacco, what once in his time here? With no Garrett, the defense isn't nearly as scary as the Bengals was.

I see a W, but could see how it's a hard W. But with a rookie QB, whom we normally give a hard time? I could also see a win like yesterday's.
We lost to Dak Prescott in 2016 and I did not say anything about wins or losses merely that they've recently had success against us. Oh and EJ Manuel in 2013. Granted 2013 is a year we'd all like to forget but it still happened.

The Browns have beaten Flacco twice. Once at the Bank and once in Cleveland. However, most recently those games have been very close.

Last edited:

Mili isn't one of those guys who I think are just here to troll, I liked his energy on the old website. I think the last two seasons just got to a lot of people, even me as well but we got to realize that we really have an amazing front office here and will be back right where we left off. I don't blame him for how he feels about the offense, it's been rough the past two seasons and it might be three depending on what happens. I'm tired of hearing about it too but I really think this year we get things right on offense.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We lost to Dak Prescott in 2016 and I did not say anything about wins or losses merely that they've recently had success against us. Oh and EJ Manuel in 2013. Granted 2013 is a year we'd all like to forget but it still happened.

The Browns have beaten Flacco twice. Once at the Bank and once in Cleveland. However, most recently those games have been very close.
Okay, I was wrong about that, but again, context matters. Yes, Dak Prescott who probably has the best supporting cast in the NFL for a rookie last year with the best oline in the game, a top 3 running back in Zeke, and a good WR corps with Dez, Cole Beasley, and so on and add future hall of famer Jason Witten into the mix. We also had a few key injuries that game IIRC, and Dak played well, but he also had it a lot easier than 95% of the rookies we've ever played. Flacco would LOVE that kind of talent surrounding him. But again, this is usually the exception, not the norm. That's two times a rookie QB has played well against us during the Flacco era. Both times were several years apart.

And we only lost that Bills game because Flacco literally played the worst game of his career with 5 interceptions. And EJ Manuel was terrible during that game as well. He didn't carve us up. In fact, he was terrible. He threw two interceptions. So that's literally twice a rookie QB has played well against us. We may not beat the team, but we usually make life a living hell for the rookie QB. So your statement is invalid. The Ravens historically do well against rookie quarterbacks. Mettenberger a couple years ago, Wentz, we played well against Luck in the playoffs. N

The Browns don't have that. They have a really good offensive line with Thomas, Bitonio, Tretter, and Zeitler. Crowell and Johnson are a good RB duo, but not as good as Zeke. Corey Coleman is a good WR, but not as good as Dez. Britt is a good WR too. Browns have some talent. Problem is, Dak Prescott plays a game where he literally takes only what defense gives him. He's a smart QB. Kizer, has a lot of problems. Most notably his pocket presence is garbage. Which hinders his team significantly. The Browns have a top 10 offensive line in the NFL, yet they still surrendered 5 sacks last week, a few coming from the fact that Kizer holds onto the ball too long. That was a problem of his in college too, and I highly doubt he does a complete 180 in one week in the pros. Our front 7 is better than the Steelers so hopefully we can do well. I see this being a victory. I wouldn't be surprised if it was close, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we won by two scores.

We just shutout a good Bengals team. Yes, they're not as bad as everyone thinks. Their oline actually played better than anticipated yesterday. They have a better QB, we shut him down. They have better weapons too. We did well agains them. Granted, it was because of Dalton's oline getting beaten soundly throughout the course of the game, but the same issues could present themselves because of how long Kizer holds onto the ball. There's still a good chance that we get into his head. And getting into a rookie QB's head can kill an offense.

Just saying. I wouldn't be surprsied if it was a close game, but I still see us winning because of Kizer's holding onto the ball for too long, and their defense not being as good as the Bengals'. It also helps that we're at home.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Mili isn't one of those guys who I think are just here to troll, I liked his energy on the old website. I think the last two seasons just got to a lot of people, even me as well but we got to realize that we really have an amazing front office here and will be back right where we left off. I don't blame him for how he feels about the offense, it's been rough the past two seasons and it might be three depending on what happens. I'm tired of hearing about it too but I really think this year we get things right on offense.

Oh he isn't. When I tell him, the offense is gonna break out this week, I'm completely trolling him. I think everyone on this board (and dare I saw the previous one) is frustrated with how inconsistent our offense has been as of late.

IMO, it's solely on the offensive line to be solid (maybe shades of 2014?). Time and time again, we've seen Joe in the regular season transform into Playoff Joe with good protection all game long. We got the weapons this year though I need to see at least a TE (looking at you Maxx) step up this season. Do I think we'll rush for 150+ yards every game? Hell to the no, but I believe if we can have a top 10 rushing attack, this team has no excuse to AT LEAST go 9-7.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Any updates on woodhead and smith yet?
Harbaugh has put both of them in the crematorium and brutally stabbed both of them while they were burning alive. It's like Harbuagh's body is made of granite and can't be stopped, as he also should have been turning into Ash during this horrifying process.

He's coming for us next.

Oh he isn't. When I tell him, the offense is gonna break out this week, I'm completely trolling him. I think everyone on this board (and dare I saw the previous one) is frustrated with how inconsistent our offense has been as of late.

IMO, it's solely on the offensive line to be solid (maybe shades of 2014?). Time and time again, we've seen Joe in the regular season transform into Playoff Joe with good protection all game long. We got the weapons this year though I need to see at least a TE (looking at you Maxx) step up this season. Do I think we'll rush for 150+ yards every game? Hell to the no, but I believe if we can have a top 10 rushing attack, this team has no excuse to AT LEAST go 9-7.

Oh lol yeah I just saw your post right now that you were joking around with him.

On the offensive side of the ball, we absolutely need protection. Last season we weren't bad at protecting Joe but with out the threat of a run game our offense folded miserably. I also think Joe re-working himself back from that ACL injury played a huge deal as well. The thing is that even if you don't have elite run blockers there, as long as you have big and physical line-men you can indeed run the ball. Jensen wasn't great but man is he tough. Yanda and Stanley are big and physical guys as well. In a ZBS, you need really good, refined linemen to succeed, if they're not great then you're not going to run the ball well.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

It wasn't about winning or losing, but a rookie qb killing us, neither Manuel nor Prescott carved us up. The bills 4 picks is why we lost that game and the cowboys run game taking over late is why we lost that one