• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 2 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Week 2 is upon us and this season is starting off the way we all knew it would. The Chiefs would upset the Patriots, the Jaguars would upset the Texans and lead the AFC South and well.... ok maybe not. What does week 2 have in store in this young season?

Texans @ Bengals: Deshaun Watson makes his first start Thursday Night against the Bengals. He will do so without WR Will Fuller, TE CJ Fiedorowicz, and their 2 other TEs are out as well and a poor offensive line that currently needs LT Duane Brown who is holding out into the regular season. Meanwhile Dalton will attempt to survive JJ Watt and Clowney after their offensive line couldn't hold up against our defense.

Bears @ Buccaneers: The Falcons almost lost to Mike Glennon and the Bears, and now Mike Glennon gets a chance to beat his former team. Since we don't know what to expect from the Bucs, I have nothing else to say.

Vikings @ Steelers: All that secondary shakeup will be tested against Sam Bradford and company. Bradford was 27/32 with 346 yards and 3 TDs against the Saints defense. Dalvin Cook impressed with 127 yards. They have a favorable secondary match up but the Steelers pass rush will test the Vikings new offensive line. Before Tuitt went down, they had 7 sacks before Kizer opened up after Tuitt went down.

Patriots @ Saints: An angry Tom Brady on the road vs an angry Drew Brees in the Saints home season opener? Both defenses looked terrible last week as Alex Smith and Sam Bradford carved up each of their defenses with ease. Could be a shootout and just hoping the Pats start 0-2, that's all I ask. Probably not going to happen.

Eagles @ Chiefs: The Eagles and Andy Reid reunite but only one will leave the reunion happy. This will be Alex Smith's first real test facing Jim Schwartz's defense that had three turnovers from the Redskins offense.

Titans @ Jaguars: If what we saw last week was real, this is the BEST shot the Jaguars have at being first time division champions. They already beat Houston, Colts are without Luck for who knows how long. A win against the Titans puts them up 2-0 in the division and the driver seat of the AFC South.

Fun Fact: 2006 was the last time the Jaguars started the season 2-0

Cardinals @ Colts: In case your wondering, the Cardinals have played the Colts with a healthy Andrew Luck and beat them 40-11. So while David Johnson is out and Palmer isn't the same, I still think the Cardinals come out on top with Jacoby Brisset starting for Indy.

Bills @ Panthers: The Panthers home opener is a reunion with former DC Sean McDermott and the Buffalo Bills. Panthers held the 49ers to just 3 points last week which will be a tall order for the Buffalo offense to put up points.

Jets @ Raiders: The quest for 0-16 continues as the Jets travel to Oakland to play the Raiders. Nothing to say here but only 14 more games after this to join the 2008 Lions in a very exclusive club.

Dolphins @ Chargers: We don't know what to expect from the Dolphins but the Chargers did show some fight against Denver. Their defense stepped up when needed but a rookie kicker cost the Chargers a chance at OT.

49ers @ Seahawks: Seahawks have a ton of questions on their offensive line and that will be tested against the new 49ers defense. I expect a easy Seattle win here.

Redskins @ Rams: Playing the form of the 2011 Colts in 2017 is not a good bench mark. It's amazing what good coaching does, those Rams last week looked nothing like Jeff Fisher's Rams. Kirk Cousins looks to bounce against his former OC and now Head Coach of the Rams, Sean McVay.

Cowboys @ Broncos: The Cowboys defense shockingly held the Giants offense to just 3 points last Sunday Night. The Broncos defense is still carrying the offense but Trevor Siemien may be ready to prove doubters wrong.

Packers @ Falcons: A rematch of the NFC Championship Game. Packers look for revenge against a team that blew a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl only to almost lose to the Bears last week. NFC Seeding could be on the line in this game.

Lions @ Giants: The Giants open at home on MNF when the Lions come to town. The Lions are the comeback kids as they completed another 4th quarter comeback to beat the Arizona Cardinals last week. OBJ is listed as "day to day' but it's clear that without him, the Giants offense falters.

RavensPunkXVX

Pro Bowler
A nice slate of games this week. I'm excited to get a first look at the Bucs and Phins. If I could get a Patriots and Steelers loss that would be great. I'd even take one of the two, doesn't have to be both, just preferred.

Jets still have a few winnable games in my book, outside of those few games, them winning would be a complete shock to me.

I'm eager to see if these low scoring, defensive battles continue.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm working early tomorrow and in the UK it's +5 hours from EST so given that this already looks like a bad game I'm not sure I'm gonna watch lol - the two worst offensive lines in football doesn't make entertaining stuff normally

Thursday night football already looks like it's gonna start off with a whimper...

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
I'm working early tomorrow and in the UK it's +5 hours from EST so given that this already looks like a bad game I'm not sure I'm gonna watch lol - the two worst offensive lines in football doesn't make entertaining stuff normally

Thursday night football already looks like it's gonna start off with a whimper...
I agree with you, not an exciting game to look forward to tonight. I do expect Dalton & Green to rebound somewhat and eek out a win but still expect it to end up a mere whimper.

I also want to see Brady and Ben go down. I struggle to bet against both but it would be sweet to watch happen.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree with you, not an exciting game to look forward to tonight. I do expect Dalton & Green to rebound somewhat and eek out a win but still expect it to end up a mere whimper.

I also want to see Brady and Ben go down. I struggle to bet against both but it would be sweet to watch happen.

As much as I hate playing those guys I'd never wish an injury on anyone especially given the injuries we've had

JO_75

Hall of Famer
You know your QB situation is bad when you accomplish something the Browns haven't done.

Under Bill O'Brien, including Watson tonight the Texans will have had 9 different starting QBs since 2014. Thats the most in the league..... including the Browns.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I rarely watch ESPN nowadays, but I have family who still do (to each their own). As they're previewing the HOU/CIN game, they keep bringing up Dalton's poor game, is he the guy long-term, etc. Not at ANY point did they give credit to the Ravens defense. See, this is why I've stopped watching for quite some time.

Honestly, people say ESPN's downfall is a result of them getting politicized. I actually disagree. Their downfall is their garbage coverage. No point bringing it up because it's real apparent which teams they love to talk about and which they act like they don't exist.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
My prediction tonight Texans win and the win the battle of the bad offensive lines. Watt and Clowney wreck havoc on their line making Dalton's life more miserable than we did. Then the media will find some other excuse to cover up Dalton's poor performance.

Texans 24
Bengals 10

JO_75

Hall of Famer
McKinney just moved those two Offensive Lineman out of the way like it was nothing. It was like they forgot to block him or they just said here, go sack our QB.