• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I know Christian Kirk personally from back home bet he's gonna be successful
Thats cool. He seems like hes got a good head on his shoulders from the interviews ive seen. Very religious it seems too. Im rooting for the kid. Hopefully we're smart enough to draft him so he can replace camps spot

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I'm not sure Ridley is 100% to declare next year but we'll see.
Apart from him, my favourite WR in this class is James Washington from Oklahoma State. Straight up beast.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Apart from him, my favourite WR in this class is James Washington from Oklahoma State. Straight up beast.
I haven't watched any of his taps. I'll make a note of it

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Thats cool. He seems like hes got a good head on his shoulders from the interviews ive seen. Very religious it seems too. Im rooting for the kid. Hopefully we're smart enough to draft him so he can replace camps spot
Christian Kirk had a big TD today albeit with broken coverage. He also added a kick return with 5 minutes to go in the game to give them the lead against the Arkansas Razorbacks. He has some major game speed and moves.

Last edited:

FloeJacco

Practice Squad
Yeah he's really cool and always been a leader. Ever since high school he's reminded me of Percy Harvin, partly because he played QB, RB, WR and returner. Flacco seems much more comfortable throwing over the middle of the field and Kirk will be a nightmare to cover in the slot. He's so athletic, explosive and smooth with great hands too.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Was shouting his name earlier in the year. This kids got a playmaking it factor, he just always makes plays with his speed but still has bruiser rb size

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Washington? I really like his tape. Tbh. He can go deep with the best of them. Good after the catch, capable of making tough catches, elusive in the open field, capable of making good adjustments when the QB makes the mistake. Good speed, doesn't play small. Can go over the middle. I want to say he reminds me a bit of Josh Gordon but I'm not sure that's fair as Gordon is a lot faster and bigger.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Watching Memphis play right now, looking out for Anthony miller.

But I've seen Killins jr on UCF making a lot of plays, he's very small but so blindingly fast and quick and really fluid and smart as well, no wasted motion, goes downhill very efficiently and eats up a shitload if yardage really fast with his explosion and "up the alley" style, doesn't break stride for really anything but still looks elusive. JJ Nelson type of guy, dunno what class he's in but he looks exciting

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Watching Memphis play right now, looking out for Anthony miller.

But I've seen Killins jr on UCF making a lot of plays, he's very small but so blindingly fast and quick and really fluid and smart as well, no wasted motion, goes downhill very efficiently and eats up a shitload if yardage really fast with his explosion and "up the alley" style, doesn't break stride for really anything but still looks elusive. JJ Nelson type of guy, dunno what class he's in but he looks exciting
I watched some of his highlights earlier this year. He is a sophomore now. Real fast.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I watched some of his highlights earlier this year. He is a sophomore now. Real fast.
He looks like he knows what he's doing too though, so many burners like that just sprint and hope they win the footrace, this dudes got vision and patience, you can see it in his gadget plays where he actually sets up and follows blocks.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He looks like he knows what he's doing too though, so many burners like that just sprint and hope they win the footrace, this dudes got vision and patience, you can see it in his gadget plays where he actually sets up and follows blocks.
Yep, doesn't just run as fast as he can. Doesn't follow the blocks for too long though. I saw this one, just reposted (funny comment, too):

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Washington? I really like his tape. Tbh. He can go deep with the best of them. Good after the catch, capable of making tough catches, elusive in the open field, capable of making good adjustments when the QB makes the mistake. Good speed, doesn't play small. Can go over the middle. I want to say he reminds me a bit of Josh Gordon but I'm not sure that's fair as Gordon is a lot faster and bigger.
3:30 to play in 1st, 6 catches for 62y and a TD vs Texas Tech

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
How do you guys feel about Equanimeous St Brown? I like his saavy, smooth style and his huge catch radius, his ball tracking ability and ball skills,but I question his physicality and how he would fare against press coverage.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How do you guys feel about Equanimeous St Brown? I like his saavy, smooth style and his huge catch radius, his ball tracking ability and ball skills,but I question his physicality and how he would fare against press coverage.
Same, I liked him when I first discovered him but that lanky frame worries me, although with a quality enough route tree he could become aj green lite who is also lanky and shares alot of the same traits

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Christian Kirk had a big TD today albeit with broken coverage. He also added a kick return with 5 minutes to go in the game to give them the lead against the Arkansas Razorbacks. He has some major game speed and moves.

How's his route running? Watching clips of him on YouTube, and its mostly just return game and fly bys.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I feel he's 2nd rounder on name value alone.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Same, I liked him when I first discovered him but that lanky frame worries me, although with a quality enough route tree he could become aj green lite who is also lanky and shares alot of the same traits
I wouldn't say it's his frame as it's part of his game, but just how easily his separation is to get. Most of the time he's getting off coverage with a ten yard cushion. It's hard to gauge a player when he's given so much easy catches.