• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Anthony miller is quickly becoming my favorite wr prospect. He's polished, aggressive, explosive, and attacks the shit out of the ball.

He legitimately reminds me of a golden tate/Steve smith/Corey Coleman type of guy

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
hes got an enormous chip on his shoulder and its great to see
If we're picking high but not high enough to get one of the elite qb prospects, or say a mcglinchey/Conor Williams, then I want a blockbuster trade back for Anthony miller, because I think regardless of how well he plays this season he's gonna fall

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The more I watch him the more obsessed I get with him. His awareness is absolutely amazing, he always knows what's happening around him, he recognizes soft spots before they even form, like pre snap he seems to know where the soft spot is gonna be.

He knows where every line is, sideline, goal line, first down marker, he always knows and never loses his target, he's constantly squeezing into those skinny spots to ensure the play gets the right results, like when he reached over the goal line in a crowd of 3 vs ucla, or when he broke the route off deep for his other touchdown, or when he lowered his head and wiggled through 2 defenders down the sideline last night for a first down, catching the ball over his shoulders down the sideline, faking the fade and sitting in the cushion for easy 8-10 yard catches.

Plus his yac is excellent, he plays so rough and fast with the ball in his hands, exaggerated cuts to make sure he buys space and lowers his shoulder to take on any tackler and often gaining extra yards doing so.

I really like this kid, he plays with hundred pound brass balls and an absurd amount of skill and refinement. How he's not looked at as a top 10 pick is beyond me, he's become easily my favorite wr this year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
And someone who I begin to dislike the more I watch, is James Washington. He is like jaelen strong with speed, he just looks so incredibly stiff, it's like Emmanuel ogbah playing wr. He could be a kelvin Benjamin type of guy because he's big fast and physical and can catch the ball well, but he could also end up a jaelen strong, too damn stiff to get any kind of separation or make contested catches

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Anthony miller is quickly becoming my favorite wr prospect. He's polished, aggressive, explosive, and attacks the shit out of the ball.

He legitimately reminds me of a golden tate/Steve smith/Corey Coleman type of guy
I was watching Ferguson little bit and Miller really popped up. He's awesome.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was watching Ferguson little bit and Miller really popped up. He's awesome.
He just seems to be a non fail guy, like he is gonna win at every level because he does EVERYTHING so well and plays with a fire that is hard to contend with
Welocome to the party
He gave me faith for this wr class, which I originally thought was even worse than 2016, but his emergence really tips the scales

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
He just seems to be a non fail guy, like he is gonna win at every level because he does EVERYTHING so well and plays with a fire that is hard to contend with

He gave me faith for this wr class, which I originally thought was even worse than 2016, but his emergence really tips the scales
I love the fact that he gives effort on nearly every play. Which is rare for a WR. I love the kids demeanor. Hed fit our culture perfectly

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I love the fact that he gives effort on nearly every play. Which is rare for a WR. I love the kids demeanor. Hed fit our culture perfectly
Agreed. Talent wise he's pretty solid, he can run every route, he can catch any ball, etc. but his effort and fire is what puts him over the top, he really does play with a big chip on his shoulder and it makes his above average talent level far more impressive and because of it he projects to improve tremendously

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Big dude. You don't have to throw the ball straight into his hands, anywhere within yard or two is good enough.
Yeah and he's not just big, he uses his frame to his advantage very well and he just plays big. He has that dog mentality and that violent attitude to dominate in every situation and at every level of the field.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
After watching most of the Clemson/Syracuse game I gotta bring up Steve Ishmael. While he doesn't seem to have great speed it looks like he highpoints real well and has strong hands. I mean remember the play even tho it got called back cuz he supposedly pushed off the way he twisted and carried his man into the endzone was beyond impressive. We keep screaming for an Anquan clone..... he just seemed to play like a Raven.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I really want someone on our team is who is quick. Get these "blazing" pieces of shit Perriman and Wallace out of here. I want a guy we can actually throw a wr screen too and gain a yard (crazy concept, right!) Who should I watch?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really want someone on our team is who is quick. Get these "blazing" pieces of shit Perriman and Wallace out of here. I want a guy we can actually throw a wr screen too and gain a yard (crazy concept, right!) Who should I watch?

im starting to think the problem with our screens is flacco - when other teams run screens they sell the fake - they pump the ball, or they scan downfield/ the checkdown for a couple of beats before going to the screen - so that the linebackers have had to commit somewhere so that there's space for the screen receiver to catch the ball and set up his blocks - but we get the ball out quickly while the linebackers are still in the box and because flacco never looked anyone off/scanned the field the safeties come flying down to blow up the screen

The Greek

Veteran
i agree but for some reason any receiver we draft ends up underachieving here but on other teams they would live up to the hype. i just do not understand why we cannot develop receivers and have to keep signing retreads

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
im starting to think the problem with our screens is flacco - when other teams run screens they sell the fake - they pump the ball, or they scan downfield/ the checkdown for a couple of beats before going to the screen - so that the linebackers have had to commit somewhere so that there's space for the screen receiver to catch the ball and set up his blocks - but we get the ball out quickly while the linebackers are still in the box and because flacco never looked anyone off/scanned the field the safeties come flying down to blow up the screen
That could be a large part, but we only have camp who is shifty, but always run the screens to guys who are fast. There is a major difference,and it is a Td and a no gain

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I doubt Wallace contract is renewed next season, but Perriman contract is still cheap, even if he is buried on the depth chart.