• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
youre putting too much stock in times. he was always seen as quicker than fast, his game doesnt need speed, just burst and separation, which he has in spades, and i never compared him to AB, i always saw more steve smith in him due to his surprising strength and toughness and ability to attack and pursue the ball. i see the derrick mason though, really those 2 werent far off from eachother once their speed faded, they both were route technicians who caught the hell out of the ball and played tough as nails.

SS was very explosive and fast!! In his younger days. Cuz of his breakaway speed I wouldn’t put Miller with him. Mason was tough with short area burst in his younger days. SS could get separation with a lot of routes even when he aged. Cuz even after losing speed he wasn’t that slow. His toughness is top notch but his strength isn’t gonna impress as much at the nfl level. I would prefer he play at 188-190 and exploit more of his burst. My opinion he is mason with a lil less strength and lil more explosion.

arnie_uk

Veteran
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/962193691824836608

Look at the commesnts too. He goes on about Dante Pettis and makes some great points.

pettis was one of those guys that i began watching, was totally unimpressed, and moved on. strikes me as more of a returner than anything. didnt like his hands, didnt like his route game as it looked very low effort and just lackadaisical(not that pettis himself looks low effort, just that there is nothing to his route game) and really just nothing jumped out on tape at all for me. and i tend to lean towards washington players a lot(although i didnt like john ross either) so i was really disappointed once i turned on pettis' tape.
watch this, then re watch pettis

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
SS was very explosive and fast!! In his younger days. Cuz of his breakaway speed I wouldn’t put Miller with him. Mason was tough with short area burst in his younger days. SS could get separation with a lot of routes even when he aged. Cuz even after losing speed he wasn’t that slow. His toughness is top notch but his strength isn’t gonna impress as much at the nfl level. I would prefer he play at 188-190 and exploit more of his burst. My opinion he is mason with a lil less strength and lil more explosion.
You probably need to actually watch the kid play. I think being at 200 is a good thing for Miller. People were concerned about his size. No more cause for concern, he’s 6 ft 200. That’s great. He put up a good bench number as well. You have absolutely no basis for saying his strength won’t impress at the NFL level.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
pettis was one of those guys that i began watching, was totally unimpressed, and moved on. strikes me as more of a returner than anything. didnt like his hands, didnt like his route game as it looked very low effort and just lackadaisical(not that pettis himself looks low effort, just that there is nothing to his route game) and really just nothing jumped out on tape at all for me. and i tend to lean towards washington players a lot(although i didnt like john ross either) so i was really disappointed once i turned on pettis' tape.
I think you need to take another look dude. One of the best route runners in this class in my eyes. Also im pretty sure ive read somewhere hes only bad 2 drops in 2 years.
Ouch Humpbrey-
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/966389604713746432

This is awesome
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/962203052781572096

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
You probably need to actually watch the kid play. I think being at 200 is a good thing for Miller. People were concerned about his size. No more cause for concern, he’s 6 ft 200. That’s great. He put up a good bench number as well. You have absolutely no basis for saying his strength won’t impress at the NFL level.

Didn’t say it wasn’t enough. I said he wasn’t gonna overpower nfl cornerbacks and safety’s. Some players he runs through and shrugs off and bully’s aren’t even cfl athletes. I could be wrong. But my opinion he isn’t winning with strength at the nfl level. Not gonna be his game

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Didn’t say it wasn’t enough. I said he wasn’t gonna overpower nfl cornerbacks and safety’s. Some players he runs through and shrugs off and bully’s aren’t even cfl athletes. I could be wrong. But my opinion he isn’t winning with strength at the nfl level. Not gonna be his game
He’s not going to “win with strength” but if you’re telling me you think an NFL wide receiver should go back down to 188 when he’s at 200 and in great shape...idk what to say to that.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I think you need to take another look dude. One of the best route runners in this class in my eyes. Also im pretty sure ive read somewhere hes only bad 2 drops in 2 years.
Ouch Humpbrey-
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/966389604713746432

This is awesome
https://mobile.twitter.com/BradKelly17/status/962203052781572096

Humphrey’s always showing up in WR highlights. Put on highlights of any sec receiver and Humph is sure to show up a multi golden globe award supporting actor in them.