• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The WR Thread

It happens every year ... prognosticators project when various WRs at the top of the draft will go and then the draft happens and they all get shifted up about 10-15 slots from where they were projected. Given that approach, Moore very well may right at home at 16th. Maybe we can trade back and still get him ... maybe not.

It is going to be interesting to see how aggressively this team attacks the draft as it relates to this position. Of course, we still have to see what happens in FA.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
@JoeyFlex5 cain ran a 4.43 and wilson ran a 4.54. Cain is one of the mkst explosive players in this class and his tape in 15/16 is reflective of that. Same with Wilson who has good speed but not great speed on tape and you gave him a 9. Should be 9 for Cain and 8 for Wilson
i thought wilson appeared more explosive, on tape it looks like one of his best traits and im really surprised he ran that time

Ya thats where its looking like he will go. Right now hes my WR2. Just elite athleticism. Natural catcher of the football (unlike kirk)
If he is truly viewed by others as WR#2 in the draft, he'll likely go before the mid-20s. There have been cases where the WR#2 went in that range over the past 10 years, but I feel like there are enough WR needy teams and the need for playmakers at that position continues to grow. Teams are going to be willing to "reach" a little to get the guy they want at that position.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
If he is truly viewed by others as WR#2 in the draft, he'll likely go before the mid-20s. There have been cases where the WR#2 went in that range over the past 10 years, but I feel like there are enough WR needy teams and the need for playmakers at that position continues to grow. Teams are going to be willing to "reach" a little to get the guy they want at that position.
I cant take him at 16....i just think theres better value to be had and the track record for WR drafted in first round is really worrisome

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Humphrey’s always showing up in WR highlights. Put on highlights of any sec receiver and Humph is sure to show up a multi golden globe award supporting actor in them.
and that didn't happen this year. He showed a ton of improvement from college to the pros, even though you won't admit it.

If you were the GM of any team and played the Browns 16 games a year, the Browns would win every game.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
and that didn't happen this year. He showed a ton of improvement from college to the pros, even though you won't admit it.

If you were the GM of any team and played the Browns 16 games a year, the Browns would win every game.

Aww did it hurt your little feelings?? that u have to respond with an attack. I love when u expose yourself. Except when he finally got matched up with little help with 31 yr old journeyman Brandon Lafell. Your stats don’t show he most always got help. You could bet your ass Harball wasn’t putting his round1 pick in any dangerous assignments and hurt his confidence and make him look like a bust. But that will eventually change and it’s gonna be interesting watching him get him exposed then everybody’s reaction here. It’s gonna be fun rubbing everybody’s nose in his failure. All the hurt feeling when somebody doesn’t like him and defending him. What r u really have to say when he gets lit up??

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Aww did it hurt your little feelings?? that u have to respond with an attack. I love when u expose yourself. Except when he finally got matched up with little help with 31 yr old journeyman Brandon Lafell. Your stats don’t show he most always got help. You could bet your ass Harball wasn’t putting his round1 pick in any dangerous assignments and hurt his confidence and make him look like a bust. But that will eventually change and it’s gonna be interesting watching him get him exposed then everybody’s reaction here. It’s gonna be fun rubbing everybody’s nose in his failure.
It's not an attack at all. Not sure why you took it that way.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
DJ chark doesnt catch the ball cleanly....showed in the gauntlet. Faught a lot of those throws and caught a few on the back end of the ball

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
DJ chark doesnt catch the ball cleanly....showed in the gauntlet. Faught a lot of those throws and caught a few on the back end of the ball
I saw that, but it doesn't change the fact that I really like him. he's a playmaker and even though he had a limited route tree in college, he has the ability to be a very good route runner. He has really nice acceleration. He's really good on the double move and has that extra gear.