• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Browns

Who Will be the Ravens starting RG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1pm kickoff on Sunday the 13th of September at an empty M&T Bank Stadium.

I can't wait for football to finally be back - have looked forward to putting up this thread for months.

Big division game to start the season. The Browns have been much quieter than last year and that worries me a bit. They've also had tons of DBs go down to injuries already this year so potentially a nice way for our young WR corps to try and get healthy early in the year.

With the lack of preseason I expect lots of missed tackles which means that getting the ball into the hands of dangerous ball-carriers early may well bear fruit. The ravens have a backfield full of dangerous runners but so do the Browns. There's a litany of offensive weapons on both teams.

In any case... I'm just hyped for Ravens football to be back in less than a week (just)!

rossihunter2

Staff Member

it's a good point that the early weeks will be a supreme test of communication
what's not mentioned so much is having continuity on the backend of a defence where communication is at its most important - patrick queen right in the middle obviously is a key new piece and tavon hasnt and deshon elliott havent spent much time in live action with this current corps - but having chuck, peters, marlon, jimmy, levine is potentially going to give them all a leg up early in the year dealing with offences that want to play quickly (ultimately the biggest help against those sorts of offences is brandon williams or calais campbell putting them behind the chains)

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
How there was no preseason still just boggles my mind, but nonetheless, it's great to have these Next Up threads again. Now, I wonder: what colored jerseys are we going to wear?

For the longest, I feel that we're gonna go with the white on purples like last season's home opener. If not, prolly the cursed non-color rush purple on purples.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
How there was no preseason still just boggles my mind, but nonetheless, it's great to have these Next Up threads again. Now, I wonder: what colored jerseys are we going to wear?

For the longest, I feel that we're gonna go with the white on purples like last season's home opener. If not, prolly the cursed non-color rush purple on purples.
I for one want to completely do away with the white on black combo, I hate it, it was cool for the Flacco era but it feels extremely dated now, it looks tacky. The all white and the white on purple with the perfect striping on both pants feels like the most classic looks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If I'm the Browns I attack the middle of this defence and challenge Queen in his first nfl game action
That’s probably exactly what they do, I’m expecting a shit ton of Austin hooper and Jarvis Landry targets, lucky for us chuck Clark and Levine and Elliott are guys I have full faith in to handle that task

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s probably exactly what they do, I’m expecting a shit ton of Austin hooper and Jarvis Landry targets, lucky for us chuck Clark and Levine and Elliott are guys I have full faith in to handle that task

and jimmy smith
but dont forget they've also got njoku and the rookie bryant too - the browns are absolutely stacked at the skill positions and we're absolutely stacked on the back end

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
It's gonna be interesting if we start seeing more 3-WR sets with Hurst gone.
We have to see more. We have 2 TEs and we’ve also made a strong attempt to load up our wr room the past 2 years. I think Eric saw the natural progression of this offense ahead of time, we lost that playoff game because of the ineffectiveness of our receivers more than anything, getting the ball in a speedy receivers hands is gonna be a huge emphasis I think all year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We have to see more. We have 2 TEs and we’ve also made a strong attempt to load up our wr room the past 2 years. I think Eric saw the natural progression of this offense ahead of time, we lost that playoff game because of the ineffectiveness of our receivers more than anything, getting the ball in a speedy receivers hands is gonna be a huge emphasis I think all year.
no doubt about that. This will be the biggest change of our offense this year and I believe it always was going to be the natural progression.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-release-first-depth-chart-of-2020

literally what's the point in getting these done by the PR staff every year - makes them completely meaningless
normally this happens after preseason and it makes some sense but what's the point in releasing this this week with all this absolutely worthless information and lies lol

e.g.

not to mention this is a complete lie if Tyre Phillips really does start (albeit this would suggest otherwise lol)

Charm City

Pro Bowler
It's gonna be interesting if we start seeing more 3-WR sets with Hurst gone.
I think this is what we wanted to do last year but boyle/Hurst were better than the options we had at WR. We saw a lot of boyle lined up in the slot, which he should rarely do imo since he's so much better in-line