• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (It's Happening!)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I feel like every time a missed FG happens, Tucker's agent is ready to ask for more money on his next contract.

Gostkowski just missed an extra point too... he's terrible.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Wow.... Vic Fangio didn't use any of his two timeouts left and awful play calling on offense throwing instead of running to take time off the clock. Gostkowski MAKES the game winner after missing previous Field Goals and an Extra Point. Poor coaching.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Wow.... Vic Fangio didn't use any of his two timeouts left and awful play calling on offense throwing instead of running to take time off the clock. Gostkowski MAKES the game winner after missing previous Field Goals and an Extra Point. Poor coaching.
Vic fangio is a shit coach and keeping him on was a horrible move for Denver and it’s gonna basically make what should’ve been a really promising season, forgettable

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Really dont even know how people count arod out.. idk where it comes from tbh. He has been looking better than brady the last 5 yrs yet people still believed brady had the arm talent up until yesterday. Yes packers wrs arent as good but he still has the arm talent and football iq.
Well I mean saying he's been better than Brady the last few years isn't really saying a whole lot, because Brady hasn't been that great.

The knocks on Rodgers are:
1. Steady decline in statistical output from his peak years (lower YPA, less TD passes, lower completion %, QBR, QB Rating, etc.)
2. Inability for the Packers organization to surround him with playmakers.
3. Obvious change in direction in the design of the offense to a more balanced, arguably run-first mentality.
4. He really hasn't been a "clutch" QB in many, many years.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well I mean saying he's been better than Brady the last few years isn't really saying a whole lot, because Brady hasn't been that great.

The knocks on Rodgers are:
1. Steady decline in statistical output from his peak years (lower YPA, less TD passes, lower completion %, QBR, QB Rating, etc.)
2. Inability for the Packers organization to surround him with playmakers.
3. Obvious change in direction in the design of the offense to a more balanced, arguably run-first mentality.
4. He really hasn't been a "clutch" QB in many, many years.
Only knock i really see is the organization to put talent around him. Tbh i think our wr core is better than his. He still he the arm, great decision making is there. Everything is still there from what i see other than bad play calling and bad cast

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Only knock i really see is the organization to put talent around him. Tbh i think our wr core is better than his. He still he the arm, great decision making is there. Everything is still there from what i see other than bad play calling and bad cast
1. His accuracy is vastly overrated. While playing against our secondary isn't easy, he missed plenty of throws that could have been completions on Sunday.
2. There are many, many, many teams in the league who would do just fine with OBJ and Landry in your WR core, and I think they have the best 1/2 RB tandem in the league by a wide margin.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Watched back Kenneth Murray in week 1 on the all-22 just because i was interested to see how his week 1 and patrick queen's compared...

He still shows many of the same flaws we see on tape - he's very much still a see-ball-hit-ball type player - he seems to be a bit better at reading the run following the pullers and getting upfield than he was in college but he still overruns gaps and oversells upfield on run-fakes and has no great feel in coverage (also just looks really weird when he's in his pre-snap stance)

what he did do better than queen in week 1 was attack the OL when coming downhill - queen was a bit hesitant and allowed OL to get on him and Murray made sure he attacked and used his athleticism to fill the gap

when the play was in front of him murray did ok but im amazed he didnt get picked on more by the bengals in coverage