• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 1 Discussion (It's Happening!)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i wanted us to do whatever we could to get marcus peters - funny how things turn out in the end lol
we did, we traded a 5th round pick for him. Yes Marcus Peters was my guy in that draft as well. I also liked Kevin Johnson.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What are y’alls thoughts on the OPI call at the end of the Rams cowboys game?

Seems like OPI will become the new DPI controversy. The AJ Green call could have been DPI or holding as the corner was hugging AJ which prompted AJ to do the push off.

For this, I wouldn't have called it as it's just two players jostling for position to make a play on the ball.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So much for that, and how is being on a team with one common goal working out Ronnie Harrison? Seems to me Jacksonville, outside of Calais they got rid of the cancer players.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Seems like OPI will become the new DPI controversy. The AJ Green call could have been DPI or holding as the corner was hugging AJ which prompted AJ to do the push off.

For this, I wouldn't have called it as it's just two players jostling for position to make a play on the ball.
I actually felt like the call against Gallup was understandable, it was pretty clearly OPI by rule even if it was sold by Ramsey and thus a little ticky tacky.

if I was an nfl ref I just would have the highest standards for throwing a PI flag either way, like I wouldn’t have thrown it, but I can’t say it was a bad call, it’s a weird one

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I actually felt like the call against Gallup was understandable, it was pretty clearly OPI by rule even if it was sold by Ramsey and thus a little ticky tacky.

if I was an nfl ref I just would have the highest standards for throwing a PI flag either way, like I wouldn’t have thrown it, but I can’t say it was a bad call, it’s a weird one
I think the refs missed the blatantly illegal contact to Goff's face/head that caused an interception which ultimately lead to a TD by the Cowboys I believe.

So even if I didn't like the call, I would have been fine with it.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
My thoughts from some of the games yesterday:
Overall, its overreaction Monday. I'm already listening to people on radio and TV make definitive statements about certain teams after one game.
1. I don't think the Browns (nor Baker) are nearly as bad as they showed yesterday.
2. I'm not anywhere close to anointing Cam Newton as an MVP favorite, or the Patriots as a contender. They beat a very young Miami team at home, and offensively, I wasn't really all that impressed with what they did. Yeah, Cam ran the ball well. What happens when he doesn't?
3. I think Tampa will be just fine. It's going to take at least a month for that offense to get on the same page.
4. Rodgers pissed off may be the scariest thing in the league. Lets see if that continues.
5. The Washington Football Team isn't good. They just played a team with major Oline issues who also isn't that good. They have a great pass rush, but I think they're going to struggle to score points on everybody.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
their running game looks legitimately dangerous
Yes. I think they'll run well on a lot of teams. But it'll require them to stick with the run, and do enough in the passing game to stay in games.

Their secondary certainly looked below average, but they did have injuries.

Still, as the "talking heads" have mentioned most of the day, Baker's got problems. His accuracy is rapidly declining, and I thought his Oline held up pretty well yesterday.

I heard all offseason about how they were going to run a lot of play and boot action off the running game, and I saw very little of that yesterday.

They looked a lot like Dallas yesterday. Highly touted offense with a lot of weapons and pomp and circumstance, but whether its lack of creative play calling or lack of execution, they look like a very stale, non-creative offense. One game sample obviously, but still...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let's hope Big Ben and the Steelers lay an egg tonight. Also everyone in Jacksonville is rooting for a Titans loss against Denver as that would leave Jacksonville in sole possession of first place in the AFC South after week one.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
My thoughts from some of the games yesterday:
Overall, its overreaction Monday. I'm already listening to people on radio and TV make definitive statements about certain teams after one game.
1. I don't think the Browns (nor Baker) are nearly as bad as they showed yesterday.
2. I'm not anywhere close to anointing Cam Newton as an MVP favorite, or the Patriots as a contender. They beat a very young Miami team at home, and offensively, I wasn't really all that impressed with what they did. Yeah, Cam ran the ball well. What happens when he doesn't?
3. I think Tampa will be just fine. It's going to take at least a month for that offense to get on the same page.
4. Rodgers pissed off may be the scariest thing in the league. Lets see if that continues.
5. The Washington Football Team isn't good. They just played a team with major Oline issues who also isn't that good. They have a great pass rush, but I think they're going to struggle to score points on everybody.
Really dont even know how people count arod out.. idk where it comes from tbh. He has been looking better than brady the last 5 yrs yet people still believed brady had the arm talent up until yesterday. Yes packers wrs arent as good but he still has the arm talent and football iq.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Steelers extend the Giants drive by muffing the Punt and Giants recover near the Goal line.

Evan Engram screws up an easy TD by not running his route all the way. Giants settle for 3.