• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

College Football 2020

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's where I'm at. However I've always liked fields since he was on qb1.

he's started pretty well today though - going through his progressions - beautiful deep ball just now - making good decisions

a couple of throws looked like they could have been batted (wasnt putting enough air/touch on the throws) but honestly that's really nit-picky given the ball got where it was supposed to

rossihunter2

Staff Member
the Td he just threw is a good example of the good and the bad

he turned down the easy TD because he just didnt see it

but he also fit the ball into a super-tight window with great accuracy to a target who was basically blanket covered and got the TD that way instead

Reactions: cdp

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Fields absolutely let it rip on that td throw at the end of the 2 minute - beautiful throw into the perfect spot

he’s got great velocity on his throws when he’s trying to fit it in there

he has all the physical arm talent you could want out of a qb prospect

he’s on fire tonight - back clearly affecting him after that hit and the beginning of that drill he clearly wasn’t feeling it but my guess is he regained some mobility because the last 2 throws looked back to normal

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think this is the issue with fields - if you watched him today you’d say he was in the argument for the number 1 pick - he has literally every tool you’d want in a qb + has shown today all the intangibles you’d want:

driving the ball - insane arm talent
throwing into tight windows
Going through his progressions and making good reads
Good decision-making (mostly)
Toughness
Nice touch and accuracy
Hit the deep shot
Mobility and running ability

the problem with fields is that he’s just come off a consecutive set of pretty piss poor games where he looked completely off and threw picks and made bad decisions - hard to pinpoint why that happened given that it was more than just a 1 game blip

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
the heisman has been done right, devonta smith was the best player in the nation this year, straight up mvp of college football, so glad it wasnt defaulted to a qb

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Theres no chance we have a chance at Smith anymore right?

our best shot was him coming out early last year lol
i think he's got a chance to go top 5 and probably goes top 10

im assuming there could be some pre-draft trades - there's at least 3 QBs I think could go top 5 but right now Miami at 3 or basically anyone in the top 10 could

not sure i foresee there being more than 3 or 4 guys ahead of him on anyone's big board at this point though

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This is just insane, and Mac Jones probably put himself into the Top 10 at this point as well in the Draft. No way Miami doesn't take him at the 3 pick now.

nah - mac jones might sneak into the 1st round - he's polished but idk that i see him anywhere near the top of the class

I've got him QB5 right now clearly behind Lawrence, Fields and Wilson and I think there's going to be a conversation about some of the tier 2/3 guys and he'll be in it...

Trey Lance maybe has a shot to make it in and around that tier 1 group
and I think Mac Jones has a shot to make it into the 1st round

and then desmond ridder and kyle trask will have some conversation around them too

but no way do i see mac jones in the top 10 right now at all - he's not got the tools that you see in a top 10 QB pick

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This is just insane, and Mac Jones probably put himself into the Top 10 at this point as well in the Draft. No way Miami doesn't take him at the 3 pick now.
I think Miami could trade down and still get him. Hes top 10 but hes slim so would you really take him at 3? I think they need more defensive help no?