• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

College Football 2020

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Theres no chance we have a chance at Smith anymore right?

our best shot was him coming out early last year lol
i think he's got a chance to go top 5 and probably goes top 10

im assuming there could be some pre-draft trades - there's at least 3 QBs I think could go top 5 but right now Miami at 3 or basically anyone in the top 10 could

not sure i foresee there being more than 3 or 4 guys ahead of him on anyone's big board at this point though
Only way we have a chance if he stands up on a table at the Combine and yells "Fuck all of y'all. I'm a Baltimore Raven."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Miami could trade down and still get him. Hes top 10 but hes slim so would you really take him at 3? I think they need more defensive help no?

if you're the dolphins and you aren't taking a QB again then surely you're trying to set it up for Tua as best you can

and what better way than giving him the number 1 WR prospect and a guy he played with (and won a national championship throwing it to)

not saying they dont go a different direction but that would have to be an attractive proposition

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
if you're the dolphins and you aren't taking a QB again then surely you're trying to set it up for Tua as best you can

and what better way than giving him the number 1 WR prospect and a guy he played with (and won a national championship throwing it to)

not saying they dont go a different direction but that would have to be an attractive proposition
Ya that's true. I just didnt really think of WR as an area of need for them but then again I didnt really watch their games much

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya that's true. I just didnt really think of WR as an area of need for them but then again I didnt really watch their games much

their offence was hard to watch when tua took over from fitzmagic - they've got devante parker there and mike gesicki but not much else

but you're right that miami could trade out of their pick and still have a shot at him

i think it's possible we see 4 QBs go top 10 and some other premium offensive guys at other positions will be around too

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think Miami could trade down and still get him. Hes top 10 but hes slim so would you really take him at 3? I think they need more defensive help no?

Oh no I don't mean Mac Jones. DeVonta Smith at 3 and reuniting him with Tua seems to be a lock with the first half he just had.
nah - mac jones might sneak into the 1st round - he's polished but idk that i see him anywhere near the top of the class

I've got him QB5 right now clearly behind Lawrence, Fields and Wilson and I think there's going to be a conversation about some of the tier 2/3 guys and he'll be in it...

Trey Lance maybe has a shot to make it in and around that tier 1 group
and I think Mac Jones has a shot to make it into the 1st round

and then desmond ridder and kyle trask will have some conversation around them too

but no way do i see mac jones in the top 10 right now at all - he's not got the tools that you see in a top 10 QB pick

I think he could be a mid to late first round pick but I could see some dumb GM reaching for him in the Top 15 based off tonight.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think he could be a mid to late first round pick but I could see some dumb GM reaching for him in the Top 15 based off tonight.

i dont see it happening - but there are far better qb evaluators than me and we'll see what they say as we go through the process moving towards april but i think you'll be surprised if you expect him to get taken before the latter part of the first round (and maybe not until day 2)

honestly i think his range could start with the wildcard round loser teams: washington, chicago, colts, steelers but that does feel a bit early tbh

might be a good fit in new orleans wherever they end up picking although you know sean payton's gonna prefer someone with more mobility most likely

honestly might be best suited for the shanahan offence but the 49ers picking at 12 seems way too early but if jones is there at their 2nd rounder i would be surprised if they didnt pick him up
steelers seem like a good fit given who they've drafted before - seems like the kind of guy the steelers seem to like

maybe he goes earlier and it's probably way too early to tell but i see his range right now as somewhere between the steelers at 24 and the 49ers at 43

maybe the patriots at 15 but that feels like a massive swing

rossihunter2

Staff Member
well the only thing that could slow down devonta tonight is him having to leave the game - that only looks like a finger injury of some sort though so even if that's him done for tonight, he'll be fine for the draft

this game has too many draft prospects missing - wyatt davis gone down, trey sermon gone down, jaylen waddle come back from the ankle fracture and on a pitch count, landon dickerson out

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Ok keep dreaming there Mixon. I'm pretty sure Dolphins at 3 call dibs on him at this point.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
ooft some of the emails from Texas donors about the school song are awful...

the behind the scenes power of old rich alumni at the vast majority of these schools is massively problematic

Definitely a big problem and not dissimilar to our current issue with lobbyist and congress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk