• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

Tank

Hall of Famer
Been listening to a lot of Tommy Bolin’s music lately, kind of “rediscovering” an old friend. Another great talent wasted through an overdose and death at a young age(25). His range of styles and song writing were both amazing...... was a much sought after session player and played with Deep Purple, James Gang, Billy Cobham, etc. Tommy also did a couple of solo albums just before he died.

Here’s 3 tunes that are a taste of many favorites.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Eddie Money passed away today. He recently announced he had esophageal cancer. Sad to see him go.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
So many stars I listened to growing up have moved on. Really quite sad.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
A true true master of his craft the professor of the drum kit Neil Peart died yesterday of brain cancer at the the of 67. This one is really tough.

Tank

Hall of Famer
A true true master of his craft the professor of the drum kit Neil Peart died yesterday of brain cancer at the the of 67. This one is really tough.

I've seen Rush a couple of times(long ago) and as dynamic a trio they were it was Neil Peart that made them go. RIP Neil

Coincidentally my closest friend passed away last Saturday from brain cancer complications. RIP Ronnie.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I've seen Rush a couple of times(long ago) and as dynamic a trio they were it was Neil Peart that made them go. RIP Neil

Coincidentally my closest friend passed away last Saturday from brain cancer complications. RIP Ronnie.

Idk what I'd do if I lost my closest buddy. Been tight with him since 3rd grade when I moved into the area. Always watch the game with him. Real sorry to hear this cuz I know the effect it would have on me.