• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
I haven't finished the game yet, but damn, the music in The Last of Us is so good. It's really nice to study with this in the background.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I haven't finished the game yet, but damn, the music in The Last of Us is so good. It's really nice to study with this in the background.

Gustavo Santaolalla's soundtrack has an almost mythical and epic quality to it - makes you really feel like you're on this epic journey across this world and the way it merges and melds with your surroundings and changes for emotional beats is absolutely masterful

one of my favourite soundtracks/scores for any piece of media

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
dont make him search for that one though - he hasnt finished the game yet and any clips attached to that bit of music may provide spoilers
I listened to the one on Gustavo Santaolalla's channel, which is just the audio. All good here.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

My man its seems like you're gettimg into some older stuff and believe me I wish I could be your guys age again and be able to explore again a lot of the roots of the generational rock of the late 60's and thru a good part of the 70's. Lucky I noticed thjis was The Physical Graffiti album ( favorite song Kashmir from this album) but the name of the song first made me think of this group

Not the original guitarist/vocalist since the great Alvin Lee died a few years back but still a very nice rendition of one of my favorite songs. A good album was Cricklewood Green which you may enjoy listening too while you're studying for a hard test.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
My man its seems like you're gettimg into some older stuff and believe me I wish I could be your guys age again and be able to explore again a lot of the roots of the generational rock of the late 60's and thru a good part of the 70's. Lucky I noticed thjis was The Physical Graffiti album ( favorite song Kashmir from this album) but the name of the song first made me think of this group

Not the original guitarist/vocalist since the great Alvin Lee died a few years back but still a very nice rendition of one of my favorite songs. A good album was Cricklewood Green which you may enjoy listening too while you're studying for a hard test.
Yeah, I've been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and 70s/80s music on the radio.

And that's a pretty good song. I'll check out that album.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, I've been listening to a lot of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and 70s/80s music on the radio.

And that's a pretty good song. I'll check out that album.

A little tie in about AC/DC and Led Zeppelin where one guy from each band (Bon Scott and John Bonham) both passed away from asphyxiation months apart back in the early 80's. Both went too soon. Tore me up learning about Bon Scott since I just really started listening to music and AC/DC was the new incoming group.

Anyways....................Let there be rock!!!!!

Tank

Hall of Famer
A little tie in about AC/DC and Led Zeppelin where one guy from each band (Bon Scott and John Bonham) both passed away from asphyxiation months apart back in the early 80's. Both went too soon. Tore me up learning about Bon Scott since I just really started listening to music and AC/DC was the new incoming group.

Anyways....................Let there be rock!!!!!

I got to see them at Towson U with Bon Scott, went with an older neighbor who had a last minute unused ticket. They were freaking loud and the sound wasn’t the best, still a good show.

What I’m remember most about that night was coming out of the building, looking into a window of the tour bus parked at the curb and seeing a tv. On the tv was the Pirates celebrating in their locker room, the Os had lost Game 7 of the WS. huge bummer

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I got to see them at Towson U with Bon Scott, went with an older neighbor who had a last minute unused ticket. They were freaking loud and the sound wasn’t the best, still a good show.

What I’m remember most about that night was coming out of the building, looking into a window of the tour bus parked at the curb and seeing a tv. On the tv was the Pirates celebrating in their locker room, the Os had lost Game 7 of the WS. huge bummer

A good time turned into a bad time lol. We are family. I'll spare you the vid.

I gotta pretty cool AC/DC story myself. When they was on tour for their For Those About to Rock tour my buddy went into what I think was a Hecht's at the time tried to get tickets for the show but it sold out before he could get to the window. So he was sitting out in the parking lot bumming out when 98 Rock came out and said there was gonna be a 2nd show and they was going on sale like noon or something so he immediately ran back to the window and he told me cars were busting back into the parking lot left and right. Well he was 1st one in line and when they opened the window he said give me the best seats in the house which turned out to be sect2 row U seats 1 and 2 in the old Capital Center. I just couldnt believe it when my 1st concert was a KISS concert and we were in the nosebleeds. One of the best moments was during Bad Boy Boogie when Angus was riding on Brian Johnson's shoulders and came right past my seat. Big thrill cuz I was 16 at the time. Really good show when the ending was all those damn cannons firing. Loud as shit.

Also RIP to Eddie Van Halen. Tragic man at only 65.