• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Music Thread

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Fun fact: My next door neighbor in the Bay area is the bass guitar player for Journey.

He has a lot of nice cars
I’ve seen a lot of concerts throughout the years and I used to run an DJ entertainment company. To do this you have to like a lot of different styles of music. However my favorite rock bands were from the 60s 70s and some 80s rock. Been to a lot of concerts and generally enjoy music of all genres.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
My daughter is taking AP music theory.

I have been into music all my life. My tastes are a bit eclectic.
I spent 17 years working in the music industry.
I was a sound man. I owned a sound, light and staging company, as well as did freelance work, and worked for a few local bands and artists. ( no, you probably never heard of them )
The key to mastering music theory is to memorize the circle of fifths.

And by that I mean actually do it, and then take a fifth of vodka every time to reward yourself

K-Dog

MVP
The key to mastering music theory is to memorize the circle of fifths.

And by that I mean actually do it, and then take a fifth of vodka every time to reward yourself

Yeah my kid is 16.
I am not passing that piece of information on to her.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So I listen to country music when writing a paper or studying.. And I have to ask

What is Carrie Underwood's obsession with murdering people?

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Kaleo. And for an evening with that special someone- Sade.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Saw Gnarls Barkley warm up for the Chili Peppers 10 years ago last spring. What a great night of pumpin’ tunes! Flea may be the best funking rock bassist ever.

Last edited:

K-Dog

MVP
Some stuff I REALLY REALLY like, by people you probably never heard of.

In the folk / singer songwriter category. Vigilantes Of Love, ( Bill Mallonee ) "Resplendent"
Featuring Emmylou Harris.